5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Its the crew cab, not the quad. Not many options on this build other than the night edition, 4x4, V8 and remote start. That being said, what do you guys think of buying a 40k truck without alot of the options?
There was a YouTube video with the image saying - “$45k and a plastic steering wheel?” About a Silverado.

These trucks are so expensive I prefer to spend a little more to get something more. Then again, I wanted a bighorn and ended up with a Limited...

The RAMs seem to be the best value but trucks in general are just up there for cost.

Shonuff1977

Reaction score
Just closed on a 2021 limited night edition. MSRP was 73,500. Price paid was 61,350. Employee pricing. 1500 private offer. $1000 incentive. Didnt finance.
Foss motors in New Hampshire. Very easy to deal with.

Ultra1988

Reaction score
Are the incentives always this good on Rams at the end of the year? Or is this a covid thing?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are the incentives always this good on Rams at the end of the year? Or is this a covid thing?
I got a great deal on my 2019 in February 2019. Deals are always good as you approach the end of the year and, if I recall correctly, many manufacturers do the Employee Pricing thing to help hit their end of year sales numbers.

AK103

Reaction score
You mean the science and common sense that says it's basically a slightly worse flu and that kids don't transmit or react negatively to it as other age groups? #open the dang schools. #dont destroy business owners' livelihoods or the economy over this overblown ridiculousness.

Ok, back to trucks.

You realize
There was a YouTube video with the image saying - “$45k and a plastic steering wheel?” About a Silverado.

These trucks are so expensive I prefer to spend a little more to get something more. Then again, I wanted a bighorn and ended up with a Limited...

The RAMs seem to be the best value but trucks in general are just up there for cost.

I chuckled.
I wanted a Ram Rebel ... Ended up with a well equipped Limited.

U

User_49547

This is my first post after lurking on the forum as a guest for just over 2 months. Just wanted to say thank you to all the regular posters for sharing all this info. At a minimum, I saved $1500 due to the RAM website pop-up that I learned about on this site, but I've learned a ton of other things too. This is my first RAM and my first truck, so I had a lot of questions. Almost all of them were already being discussed somewhere on this forum. Thanks to all that created such a tremendous resource.

Overall, my deal worked out great for me. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I'm incredibly happy with what I walked out with. Also, I definitely recommend Heritage Ram in Maryland. Their website pricing is very transparent in my opinion.

2021 Limited Longhorn (details in sig)
MSRP - $59,855
EP/Dealer Discount - $51,302
Ram Website Pop-up - $1,500
Retail Incentive - $1.000
Big Push Promo - $500

Price w/o T, T, Fee - $48,302 (20% from MSRP)

I found it easier to negotiate on my trade-in, which reduced my taxable base and also took me down from the price above. While the truck doesn't have every option that RAM offers, it has everything that I wanted. It's a freaking awesome truck. I feel lucky every day that I get to drive it.

PXL_20201212_212720891.jpg PXL_20201212_212906996.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is my first post after lurking on the forum as a guest for just over 2 months. Just wanted to say thank you to all the regular posters for sharing all this info. At a minimum, I saved $1500 due to the RAM website pop-up that I learned about on this site, but I've learned a ton of other things too. This is my first RAM and my first truck, so I had a lot of questions. Almost all of them were already being discussed somewhere on this forum. Thanks to all that created such a tremendous resource.

Overall, my deal worked out great for me. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I'm incredibly happy with what I walked out with. Also, I definitely recommend Heritage Ram in Maryland. Their website pricing is very transparent in my opinion.

2021 Limited Longhorn (details in sig)
MSRP - $59,855
EP/Dealer Discount - $51,302
Ram Website Pop-up - $1,500
Retail Incentive - $1.000
Big Push Promo - $500

Price w/o T, T, Fee - $48,302 (20% from MSRP)

I found it easier to negotiate on my trade-in, which reduced my taxable base and also took me down from the price above. While the truck doesn't have every option that RAM offers, it has everything that I wanted. It's a freaking awesome truck. I feel lucky every day that I get to drive it.
Very pretty...I love the interior! Congrats and welcome as an official RAM owner :D I grew up in Owings Mills!

Shonuff1977

Reaction score
Nearly identical reason I went with a RAM over the ford.
Yeah - i really liked/wanted the new power-boost engine but g-damn it was expensive to get. And no idea when it would actually arrive.

i never really considered a ram truck before because my impression from 15+ years ago was that they were all rusted pieces of junk. But then I checked out the limited on a whim the other day and was literally blown away by how nice it was. It was like I had been lying to myself for years lol.

AK103

Reaction score
I wanted an oil change on my 2019 and walked out with a 2021 Loaded Limited 4X4 Night Edition.....

By the way, how's the xpel?
You get the entire hood covered or just half?
Looking to get it done on my limited.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
By the way, how's the xpel?
You get the entire hood covered or just half?
Looking to get it done on my limited.
There is no better film than Xpel...been using only Xpel for over 10 years. I did the half hood on my 2019 and then put a WeatherTech Stone Deflector on my hood. After two years, with the stone deflector on my hood, I noticed that NOTHING ever hit my hood. So...when I did my 2021, I did everything except the hood anticipating the same results as the stone deflector will actually protect the hood from having any issues. If you are not planning on putting on a stone deflector, then get the hood done (half-hoods aren't to bad...full hoods are $$$$$).

RAM2021STONE.jpg

anotherforumguy

Reaction score
Used 2019 Limited Longhorn (25,331 miles)
Sales Price - $41,399
Negotiated Price - $39,000
Trade In - $16,000
Down Payment - $5,000
Ram Warranty +$2.749
Final Price - $23,301

I should add got this from a Nissan dealer. It was on the lot for 5 months. I kept an eye on it since it first arrived as a trade-in. Spent a lot of time looking before pulling the trigger. I traded in a 2010 Tundra that was a great truck but no creature features like the Larmie. First time Ram owner so we will see how this truck does. I am a life long truck guy. Chevy > Ford > Ford > Tundra > Ram.

Attachments

• 25457068057.jpg
    25457068057.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 29

Bigtone

Reaction score
I wanted an oil change on my 2019 and walked out with a 2021 Loaded Limited 4X4 Night Edition.....
Same thing happened to me. Went to the dealer for state inspection on my 2019 Laramie. Just killing time looking at a Limited they had, then drove it. Employee pricing talked me into it. But I didn't buy the one I test drove, I shopped around and bought one 2 hours away.

Users who are viewing this thread