5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
FINALLY AFTER ABOUT 2 YEARS! This was my deal MSRP $53435
OTD PRICE $43500 i think that is 25% off Msrp price
2021 1500 Laramie brigh white
Southwest package
You can NEVER go by OTD pricing. Please state what you paid (including destination) BEFORE tax, title, tags, dealer fees, etc. Then you can do a real calculation with accurate numbers.

artu4bbk

Reaction score
You can NEVER go by OTD pricing. Please state what you paid (including destination) BEFORE tax, title, tags, dealer fees, etc. Then you can do a real calculation with accurate numbers.
They took off another 3k+ or so from this offer

Attachments

• 20201222_170243.jpg
    20201222_170243.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 87

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They took off another 3k+ or so from this offer
So...you are saying that you paid around $40K before all other fees? If that is accurate, and you should know EXACTLY what you paid to the penny on your buyers order, you did get a great deal and I hope you enjoy your new RAM!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
This is good information except for dealer fees. Any fee not required by the government (document fees for example) must be added before tax, title, tags, etc. to do a real calculation with accurate numbers.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is good information except for dealer fees. Any fee not required by the government (document fees for example) must be added before tax, title, tags, etc. to do a real calculation with accurate numbers.
I disagree. If you want a true comparison of what folks are really paying across the country (best negotiated price), you should never include fees as they skew the numbers and can be negotiated. Just look at the raw sale price, after all rebates and dealer discounts and then we can all compare on a level playing field.

emings

Reaction score
This is actually wrong for a number of reasons.

It's been incredibly difficult to find in-stock trucks for nearly a year now. To the point that dealers are reluctant to give deals due to the limited inventory.

Also, the biggest discounts by far this year have been on big horns. Not the higher trims ... limited etc.
This is true I honestly got a better deal on the trade in I had than I did on the truck itself...

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
I agree with this. Dealer fees should be included for any discussion of a deal. Assume for a moment I can get a truck for $50k in my state with $200 in dealer processing/document fees and $50k from another dealer (for example, Koons) but the dealer fee is $899. While that $699 difference is someone inconsequential when talking about $50k, it is valuable when determining the bottom line deal.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I disagree. If you want a true comparison of what folks are really paying across the country (best negotiated price), you should never include fees as they skew the numbers and can be negotiated. Just look at the raw sale price, after all rebates and dealer discounts and then we can all compare on a level playing field.
That does not make sense if we are talking about the same thing. If you want a true comparison of what folks are really paying across the country (best negotiated price), you should ALWAYS include dealer fees so we can all compare on a level playing field. Dealer fees are just part of the price the dealer is charging you. Once a fee is mandatory, it becomes an integral part of the total price, and the fact that the perpetrators give the artificial carve-out a plausible name doesn't alter that fact. It is not a required tax.

artu4bbk

Reaction score
So...you are saying that you paid around $40K before all other fees? If that is accurate, and you should know EXACTLY what you paid to the penny on your buyers order, you did get a great deal and I hope you enjoy your new RAM!
Thanks! I love the Truck

Desdemona

Reaction score
I'm in PA and I just ordered a Laramie with the Southwest package from @AaronGinsburgh at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. Between the savings of the Southwest package and the price Aaron gave me I'll be getting a Laramie Southwest shipped up here and still save a little bit of money vs. ordering a Laramie Sport locally without the 12" Uconnect or Air-Suspension. And I had reached out to 15+ local dealers for quotes including Koons/Criswell.
what % off MSRP did you get before rebates? I am considering ordering through Aaron too.

woozyboy

Reaction score
Purchased 2021 Limited
MSRP $66465
Rebates $1500
0% financing
taxes+fees+plates
5 oil changes
5yr/60k
out the door $67k

Probably could have negotiated a bit better price but overall was real happy with price and truck, painless experience at dealer. The 0% was important to me on this purchase. I was in and out.of dealer in approx 90min

Venom700

Reaction score
Mine was 19.9% off MSRP before rebates for a dealer trade through Aaron at Mark Dodge. But I also got lucky and found the exact options I’d order (it also had the Protection Group, but that’s not a horrible option and not costly).

BigD

Reaction score
I just put in for mine as well....checked the dealer site they have my trade listed at 30k. Paid me 23 for it...dont even have it listed as proper model or with suspension options....greedy doesn't describe it...
I traded in my 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 big horn with 73,000 miles for $17,000. They sold it for $19.995. They didn't make **** off me. I'm wise to that **** nowadays. I used to get screwed on trade ins too, back in the day. That's where dealerships make all their money. That & the service department. They don't make **** on new vehicles.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I traded in my 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 big horn with 73,000 miles for $17,000. They sold it for $19.995. They didn't make **** off me. I'm wise to that **** nowadays. I used to get screwed on trade ins too, back in the day. That's where dealerships make all their money. That & the service department. They don't make **** on new vehicles.
To be able to resell an 8 yr old truck, even if it was clean, for $20K shows just how overpriced new trucks are now.

I was researching what a 2013 RAM 1500 sold for new, without any details all I could get was an msrp range of between $23,100 to $47,900. Since I am seeing max RAM 1500 msrp’s in the mid 70’s now, thats quite the increase... Sad that for the average working joe, it’s almost impossible to be able to buy a new truck even with 8 years of payments!

NJT3

Reaction score
To be able to resell an 8 yr old truck, even if it was clean, for $20K shows just how overpriced new trucks are now.

I was researching what a 2013 RAM 1500 sold for new, without any details all I could get was an msrp range of between $23,100 to $47,900. Since I am seeing max RAM 1500 msrp’s in the mid 70’s now, thats quite the increase... Sad that for the average working joe, it’s almost impossible to be able to buy a new truck even with 8 years of payments!
When I was in college early 90's and was just on whim looking at pickup regular cab pricing new was 16-22k pricing so how about them apples.. as no one wanted them in North East. Then the secret got out that they are great and better lol. Ding here ding there and even more price dings we are lucky to get otd below 50k.

Users who are viewing this thread