5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

baccigalup

Reaction score
i ended up getting about 10% off invoice at the end before my trade.
About the same here..truck was 63 invoice and walked at around 57 with the rebates. Make sure you go on bonusdrive dot com and find a place your affiliated with to get another 250.00 off.

Get my tonnoau cover this week and taking it for undercoating next month...plan to hold onto it for a while. Sweet ride

Grouper

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm done obsessing over price. In my opinion, there are two kinds of buyers; those who can be happy with a truck bought off the lot and those who want a specific configuration which can only be had by placing a factory order. I wanted what I wanted and for that, I needed to place an order.

Those who can find something on the lot they'll be happy with will likely be able to secure a better deal than those who place a factory order, if they're patient and put in the leg work. The best price I could find locally for a factory order was the Affiliates Rewards price (FWP minus 1%). Lakeland came on my RADAR after I placed my order, so I ended up ordering from out of state.

There are many variables but trade-in is likely the biggest. In many states, the trade-in value will offset the sales tax owed on the new purchase. I didn't trade and I paid $3550 FL sales tax + another $550 for FL title/registration.

The MSRP for my truck was $65,565. FWP minus 6.5%, minus $2500 in rebates, plus an $899 "processing fee" was $54,954. That's the number that included anything that could have possibly involved negotiation (although at Koons, you're not getting around the $899 "processing fee").

By the time I walked out the door, adding in tax, title and all other non-negotiable fees, the final price paid was $59,050, with no trade-in.

AK103

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm done obsessing over price. In my opinion, there are two kinds of buyers; those who can be happy with a truck bought off the lot and those who want a specific configuration which can only be had by placing a factory order. I wanted what I wanted and for that, I needed to place an order.

Those who can find something on the lot they'll be happy with will likely be able to secure a better deal than those who place a factory order, if they're patient and put in the leg work. The best price I could find locally for a factory order was the Affiliates Rewards price (FWP minus 1%). Lakeland came on my RADAR after I placed my order, so I ended up ordering from out of state.

There are many variables but trade-in is likely the biggest. In many states, the trade-in value will offset the sales tax owed on the new purchase. I didn't trade and I paid $3550 FL sales tax + another $550 for FL title/registration.

The MSRP for my truck was $65,565. FWP minus 6.5%, minus $2500 in rebates, plus an $899 "processing fee" was $54,954. That's the number that included anything that could have possibly involved negotiation (although at Koons, you're not getting around the $899 "processing fee").

By the time I walked out the door, adding in tax, title and all other non-negotiable fees, the final price paid was $59,050, with no trade-in.

I think you did great.
Down here in South Florida you won't come even remotely close to that price.

69Safari

Reaction score
Just curious. Most keep posting 6-7% off invoice but no figures with it or pic of the invoice. It seems that invoice is approx. 8-10% off msrp and hold back is another 1 1/2-2% more off of msrp. So that at best is 12% off msrp. My 2021 Bighorn was $43,250 msrp. I paid $34,900 plus tax, lic and $85 for docs. $39K out the door. That is $8,350 off 19% off msrp. To me that seemed to be a good deal. There were only 3 in the color I wanted in all of So. Cal. So does do your 6-7% off invoice minus rebates give you more than 19% off msrp? Thanks
You can almost always get a better deal on a truck that is physically on the lot. If you order one from the factory...not so good. And there, the "deal" varies depending on the cost of the truck, the more expensive, the more discount the dealer can give.

AK103

Reaction score
You can almost always get a better deal on a truck that is physically on the lot. If you order one from the factory...not so good. And there, the "deal" varies depending on the cost of the truck, the more expensive, the more discount the dealer can give.

This is actually wrong for a number of reasons.

It's been incredibly difficult to find in-stock trucks for nearly a year now. To the point that dealers are reluctant to give deals due to the limited inventory.

Also, the biggest discounts by far this year have been on big horns. Not the higher trims ... limited etc.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I just got a quote from Mike @ Lakeland. Was not 7% off and had $1500 in fees!
What were the fees? My order with Lakeland is $800 (dealer fee I think, which they all charge in FL anyways) and tag and title fees. Pretty standard from what I’ve seen.

69Safari

Reaction score
This is actually wrong for a number of reasons.

It's been incredibly difficult to find in-stock trucks for nearly a year now. To the point that dealers are reluctant to give deals due to the limited inventory.

Also, the biggest discounts by far this year have been on big horns. Not the higher trims ... limited etc.
Could be true. Perhaps I overgeneralized. I have only been looking at factory ordered Limiteds.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can say that in N. Florida, this statement is not true and it doesn't matter what trim you're looking at...Big Horn or Limited...all great deals!

AK103

Reaction score
I can say that in N. Florida, this statement is not true and it doesn't matter what trim you're looking at...Big Horn or Limited...all great deals!

I mean ... it is true. Big horns had the highest rebates on them by far this year.
Right now it's a crappy $1500 rebate across the board.

What was your MSRP on the Limited and OTD price?

Kenny4

Reaction score
This is really one of the best threads ever. Every vehicle type forum should have a similar thread. Vehicles are huge expenditures these days and for many first time buyers, this offers so much help. Kudoos to this forum and whoever the original op was. Question---Anyone know of a link to a thread that discusses new sales like this for Grand Cherokee. Thanks

AK103

Reaction score
This is really one of the best threads ever. Every vehicle type forum should have a similar thread. Vehicles are huge expenditures these days and for many first time buyers, this offers so much help. Kudoos to this forum and whoever the original op was. Question---Anyone know of a link to a thread that discusses new sales like this for Grand Cherokee. Thanks

I'm not sure if there's a Grand Cherokee thread, but I do know Lakeland Ram in FL does 7% off invoice on Jeeps too.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean ... it is true. Big horns had the highest rebates on them by far this year.
Right now it's a crappy $1500 rebate across the board.

What was your MSRP on the Limited and OTD price?
Out the door price is irrelevant as every state/county is different. MSRP was $72,800 and I paid $59,500. Being in FL, we also get credit on the taxes paid on the trade so that saved me another $2900 in taxes by trading in the 2019.

AK103

Reaction score
Out the door price is irrelevant as every state/county is different. MSRP was $72,800 and I paid $59,500. Being in FL, we also get credit on the taxes paid on the trade so that saved me another $2900 in taxes by trading in the 2019.

We're both in Florida, so it's 6-7%.
That's a great price though.

Sam_PB

Reaction score
Got a quote from Mike @ Lakeland on a 4x2 Big Horn (available on their lot but not the Night Edition I wanted).

MSRP $44,700
Selling price $37,700 including all rebates and discount I qualify for ($3k).

To me that didn't sound like the phenomenal deal I was looking for so I went to a local dealership in Plantation, FL and got the following:

MSRP $45,780 (Big Horn Night edition)
Selling price $37,200 (Employee price minus $3,000 rebates)

That's about $500 less than I would've paid at Lakeland for $1k more in MSRP

At this point I'm about to pull the trigger as 19% off MSRP sounds good enough to me. However I'd like to understand how the x% off invoice works?

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Got a quote from Mike @ Lakeland on a 4x2 Big Horn (available on their lot but not the Night Edition I wanted).

MSRP $44,700
Selling price $37,700 including all rebates and discount I qualify for ($3k).

To me that didn't sound like the phenomenal deal I was looking for so I went to a local dealership in Plantation, FL and got the following:

MSRP $45,780 (Big Horn Night edition)
Selling price $37,200 (Employee price minus $3,000 rebates)

That's about $500 less than I would've paid at Lakeland for $1k more in MSRP

At this point I'm about to pull the trigger as 19% off MSRP sounds good enough to me. However I'd like to understand how the x% off invoice works?

Can you break down the $3k in rebates? I’ve only been able to see $1,500 in rebates for a limited that I am negotiating. This was the pop up rebate on ramtrucks.com. I’m aiming for 20% off total but dealer isn’t budging off employee pricing less rebate. I’ll make one more push next week and then just order one with the exact options I want next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
We're both in Florida, so it's 6-7%.
That's a great price though.
Thanks AK! OTD pricing truly means nothing and muddies the water when attempting to compare apples to apples deals across the country between forum members. There are way to many variables state to state and county by county with tags, taxes, title fees, dealer fees, etc. The best way to compare is what you paid BEFORE all of the other "stuff" (including destination) that cannot be controlled.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Thanks AK! OTD pricing truly means nothing and muddies the water when attempting to compare apples to apples deals across the country between forum members. There are way to many variables state to state and county by county with tags, taxes, title fees, dealer fees, etc. The best way to compare is what you paid BEFORE all of the other "stuff" (including destination) that cannot be controlled.

I noticed your setup in your tagline is very similar to the set up I'm looking for as well. What did you end up paying on your truck?

ecoguy23

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 ECOdiesel big horn LVL 2 with customer preferred package.
MSRP 52k or 55k don't remember
45k OTD with protection package.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Because Grand Cherokee is an FCA product most of the techniques and information will apply, other than specific incentives and rebates. LINK

Users who are viewing this thread