5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kenny4

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone from the Southern California area able to get been decent deal (20-25% off MSRP) on a Limited or well optioned Laramie. If so can you please give me the dealers name and maybe someone's contact information. I have been trying but most are only selling at employee pricing and then they are trying to add some dealer packages at the end.

Thank you
I just bought a Bighorn in So. Ca. Spent some time on phone and emails. My advice is to go to the low ballers first and get an otd price in writing via email, ( they wouldn't honor it ) and use their written offer and shop it amongst the more reputable ones. Imperial Valley Chrysler, Escondido and Hemet are 3 low ballers, (liars). I used their offers and bought at Ontario Chrysler at 19+% off msrp. I don't think you're going to hit the 20-25% you mentioned, not in So Ca. anyway, ( but hope you do ). Hope that helps.

Shockingram

Reaction score
I got a good deal on a decked out Limited order from Jeff at Doug Smith Salt Lake City area, UT. After getting the price switch from another dealer after I drove the truck I already knew I wanted, I decided ordering was the way to go. It took a little negotiating, but we started with tread lightly 1% under invoice and moved to employee pricing plus rebates at time of delivery. Works out to be $74,245 msrp for $64,898. I’d talked to Dennis Dillon and I could have saved another % through them but this is no strings attached, so that is a big difference. Dealers can make a couple thousand with financing. They gave me employee pricing plus any rebates when it arrives. it will be perfect if it arrives while bonus cash is still going on and they have another rebate next month. I will probably see if i can hold out if it arrives the last week of January and roll the dice on Feb rebates. I’ll follow up when it closes if anyone is looking in Utah.

FATKID

Reaction score
I'm in south central Minnesota and while I've heard of the volume dealers on the coast (LA, FL, VA), anyone know of a volume dealer closer to my neck of the woods? I'm not entirely opposed to a cross country drive for a good deal but I'd at least like to test the waters closer to me first. Thanks in advance!
Have you looked at Jeff Belzer in Lakeville?

BigD

Reaction score
Have you looked at Jeff Belzer in Lakeville?
I live in Blaine, MN. I drove to Buffalo to buy mine last April. Got the best deal there. I've been checking all the websites. Nothing even close to the deal I got last spring. Inventories are low everywhere.

Cgo

Reaction score
2021 Limited, Night package, eTorque V8, dual sunroof, limited level 1 package, tow group, ram boxes, multi function tailgate, 3.92s, 33 gal tank, ivory white, etc, etc. MSRP with destination fee was $75,200.

Invoice was $68,750. Selling price was $64, 250, no haggling required. Included employee pricing plus $500, First responder, returning customer, and military.

Was end of the month, end of the year, right before Xmas. Jones Junction of Bel Air, MD.

rtslab

Reaction score
2021 Limited, Night package, eTorque V8, dual sunroof, limited level 1 package, tow group, ram boxes, multi function tailgate, 3.92s, 33 gal tank, ivory white, etc, etc. MSRP with destination fee was $75,200.

Invoice was $68,750. Selling price was $64, 250, no haggling required. Included employee pricing plus $500, First responder, returning customer, and military.

Was end of the month, end of the year, right before Xmas. Jones Junction of Bel Air, MD.
This is awsome price!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

I used to live in Bel Air and bought cars from Jones in the past. Solid dealership!

Reactions: Cgo

kodiak

Reaction score
Interested in picking up a 2021 Ram Rebel with MSRP of 65k. Dealership is offering 60.5k OTD. I feel like this could be better?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interested in picking up a 2021 Ram Rebel with MSRP of 65k. Dealership is offering 60.5k OTD. I feel like this could be better?
What is the bottom line cost BEFORE OTD pricing and I'll share my thoughts. But, at first glance, I would agree that you can do much better based on your geography and how many trucks are on dealer lots.

kodiak

Reaction score
What is the bottom line cost BEFORE OTD pricing and I'll share my thoughts. But, at first glance, I would agree that you can do much better based on your geography and how many trucks are on dealer lots.
I am located in Pennsylvania. I would estimate the bottom line costs minus TTT is about $56k.

Bigtone

Reaction score
I am located in Pennsylvania. I would estimate the bottom line costs minus TTT is about $56k.
I just picked up my 2021 Limited yesterday. MSRP $62,635. I got $10,300 off. I live in PA also, but bought this across the line in NY. Happy with the deal, especially since the Limited wasn't loaded with options.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's 13.85% off MSRP. You may be able to squeeze another thousand or two out of them and get closer to 18%. I would think that cost (before TTT, but including destination) could be closer to $54K.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 2021 Limited yesterday. MSRP $62,635. I got $10,300 off. I live in PA also, but bought this across the line in NY. Happy with the deal, especially since the Limited wasn't loaded with options.
16.4% off MSRP is a solid deal IMPO.

kodiak

Reaction score
That's 13.85% off MSRP. You may be able to squeeze another thousand or two out of them and get closer to 18%. I would think that cost (before TTT, but including destination) could be closer to $54K.
Yes they are adding the destination fee to the price they are giving me. So realistically I should be looking to get about 18% off MSRP including the destination fee?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes they are adding the destination fee to the price they are giving me. So realistically I should be looking to get about 18% off MSRP including the destination fee?
Correct. 15-20% is a great deal. Destination should always be included when discussing deals.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was at 18.3% off MSRP with the destination fee. I feel very good about that. Some say they are getting north of 20% to as high as 25% (not sure I believe all of these guys or they qualify for every single rebate available to mankind). I think anywhere from 15-20% is a great deal IMPO.

baccigalup

Reaction score

10 percent under msrp generally puts you at invoice. Anything under that is gravy. Sure some guys do much better but as a general rule If you shoot for 10 to 12 grand off msrp no matter how you get there thats a decent deal..congrats

Reactions: Cgo

jneto9508

Reaction score
Hi im currently in negotiation on a 2021 bighorn 4x2 night edition crew cab hemi.
msrp $47,965
we are at $41,181
OTD $45,257
is this solid deal or is there more to be had?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi im currently in negotiation on a 2021 bighorn 4x2 night edition crew cab hemi.
msrp $47,965
we are at $41,181
OTD $45,257
is this solid deal or is there more to be had?
14.2% off MSRP...not bad at all, but may be more to be had if you keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread