5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

baccigalup

Reaction score
I traded in my 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 big horn with 73,000 miles for $17,000. They sold it for $19.995. They didn't make **** off me. I'm wise to that **** nowadays. I used to get screwed on trade ins too, back in the day. That's where dealerships make all their money. That & the service department. They don't make **** on new vehicles.
Before i got hit in sept i was negotiating with several dealers. I walked from a sweet deal on a new ram because dealer would not do more than 23k. Couldnt squeek another 500 out of them let alone what it was worth. I didnt think the dealer would let it go for 500 bucks but they did..twice.....after the accident i was happy to get 23 and walk away..i ended up getting diminished value from insurance so it balanced out for me. I am generally a hard negotiator but i have never gotten good deals like you got on trade ins with my 4runners. .my nephew got good money back on his jeep and my bro on his tundra....i just never got there..

baccigalup

Reaction score
To be able to resell an 8 yr old truck, even if it was clean, for $20K shows just how overpriced new trucks are now.

I was researching what a 2013 RAM 1500 sold for new, without any details all I could get was an msrp range of between $23,100 to $47,900. Since I am seeing max RAM 1500 msrp’s in the mid 70’s now, thats quite the increase... Sad that for the average working joe, it’s almost impossible to be able to buy a new truck even with 8 years of payments!
Honestly never thought i would spend this much on a truck.. 50 was my limit but i wanted what i wanted and nothing less if i am spending that much already. Who knows if i can do this again once more before i cash in my marbles. Might as well enjoy it now

jsteinm1

Reaction score
To be able to resell an 8 yr old truck, even if it was clean, for $20K shows just how overpriced new trucks are now.

I was researching what a 2013 RAM 1500 sold for new, without any details all I could get was an msrp range of between $23,100 to $47,900. Since I am seeing max RAM 1500 msrp’s in the mid 70’s now, thats quite the increase... Sad that for the average working joe, it’s almost impossible to be able to buy a new truck even with 8 years of payments!

I bought my 2014 Sport new for $35k, MSRP was about $49k on it. After it was totaled and I was looking at replacement options, I thought maybe I should just get a similar sport like I had with lower miles (had 92k when totaled) since new trucks were so high. I was finding similar 2016s with 40k-ish miles on them listing for $35k or more, I couldn't believe it.

BigD

Reaction score

Yes, trucks have gone way up in the last decade. I bought my Chevy 2500 HD crew cab LT with the 6.0 gas motor brand new for $32k in 2009. In 2014 when I bought my 2013 Ram it was 1 yr old with 12,000 miles. I paid $31k. They had brand new 2014 Rams for 32.5K for Big Horns. Now a basic Big Horn is between $40k - $50k depending on what kind of deal u can get. CRAZY !!!

Efd12953

Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
Got my 2021 Rebel 4x4 Crew Cab locally. Has Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint, Customer Preferried 25W Package, Night Edition and Rebel 12 Option with Level 2 Equipment Group. Came with sprayed in bed liner and floor mats. Here‘s my deal:
MSRP: $62,355
Invoice: don’t really know but suspect it’s $3000-3500 below MSRP
Discounts include:
- employee pricing
- dealer discount
- SWCMA1 retail cash bonus
- 21CMA1 retail cash bonus
My price: $50,628 +TTL
NOTE: When they discount this low they (and most dealers) tack on another $1900-2900 for a “package that includes paint protection and 2 or 3 other things that in my opinion don’t cost them much but just a way for them to make more on the sale. They gave me those but didn’t charge me for it.
NOTE2: I also got them to put OEM running boards for free. I think they’re normal charge is around $797 - of course you could buy direct and install yourself for probably $400 or less.
NOTE 3: I did trade in my 2014 Laramie after getting my best price on the new truck and was able to get what I wanted for it. They originally offered me $1500 less than what I wanted.

TheBatCowl

Reaction score
2021 RAM 1500 BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X2 5.7L V8 (w/out eTorque) Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
Sticker $44,905 (which included the $1,695 destination charge).
Negotiated "Out the Door" Price: $40K - taxes included. It figures out to the sale price of around $37K (minus taxes and fees) without a trade.

SonnyS

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone from the Southern California area able to get been decent deal (20-25% off MSRP) on a Limited or well optioned Laramie. If so can you please give me the dealers name and maybe someone's contact information. I have been trying but most are only selling at employee pricing and then they are trying to add some dealer packages at the end.

Thank you

Grit

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post here as I have been reading through a lot of the topics. I live in Oregon and haven't seen any comments from people in the NW. I am looking at a factory ordered Laramie and have been offered invoice minus any rebates that are available at time of delivery. It seems like others are getting better pricing just not sure if there is a dealer out here that is reliable and won't try to jerk someone around. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
I am thinking of ordering a limited and live in Seattle. Did you ever find a dealer in the NW that you could get a decent deal through?
Thanks, Dwayne

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I am thinking of ordering a limited and live in Seattle. Did you ever find a dealer in the NW that you could get a decent deal through?
Thanks, Dwayne
These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive" or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
or
Bud Clary in Washington State, contact Phillip Olson LINK

You can find more dealers here https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-the-best-price-on-your-new-ram.26103/

Last edited:

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone from the Southern California area able to get been decent deal (20-25% off MSRP) on a Limited or well optioned Laramie. If so can you please give me the dealers name and maybe someone's contact information. I have been trying but most are only selling at employee pricing and then they are trying to add some dealer packages at the end.

Thank you
Have Aaron at Mark Dodge ship you one. They were taking $17k off recently, I think those are gone but they might be able to get one from a near by dealer for you. I got a Laramie night edition about 28% off.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thank you

Good luck. I am in the same boat. Best I can do thus far is 14% off MSRP on a pretty decked out Limited.

vitaminz

Reaction score
Platinum Ram in Terrell TX had the best pricing I could find. I was looking for a Laramie or above diesel with 20% or more off MSRP. MSRP $63,355 2021 Laramie, diesel, ORP, tow pkg, winter pkg, Southwest pkg, ram box, 3.92. Price listed online was $50,475 with no dealer add ons. I had another $500 off coupon, 21.2% off MSRP. This dealer had awesome pricing and was even better to work with. Highly recommended.

vitaminz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thank you
Try Dicks in Hillsboro OR. Talk to Randy.

grafnburgz

Reaction score
Vitaminz... so you had no trouble getting the online advertised price at Platinum Ram, without any dealer add-ons nonsense? Because the online prices are pretty good, but driving out to Terrell from the DFW Metroplex is a bit of a hike, but may be worth the trouble.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Thanks, Dwayne
I am working with two that are at about 12% off of MSRP then rebates on top of that.

benzi

Reaction score
2500 Bighorn Diesel in Black and Night Edition.

MSRP - $64,198
Total after admin fees (Without TTL) - $54,157.50
Think thats like 15.7% off. Best deal I could find locally...Even sent their numbers to another dealership who had practically the same vehicle and they said they couldnt touch it and that they must have been using like 10+ dealer coupons to get to that price.

Looks like some people are getting 20% off... I think I still got a decent deal. I pick it up on Saturday!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

MSRP - $64,198
Think thats like 15.7% off. Best deal I could find locally...Even sent their numbers to another dealership who had practically the same vehicle and they said they couldnt touch it and that they must have been using like 10+ dealer coupons to get to that price.

Looks like some people are getting 20% off... I think I still got a decent deal. I pick it up on Saturday!
You did get a very good deal...I am excited for you! My neighbor, after seeing my 2021 RAM 1500, fell in love with it and just picked up a 2500 Black Big Horn 6.4L to tow his boat. Now he's constantly asking me about what he should buy to accessorize it. He just bought the Pedal Commander and that should be here next week. Congrats on the new truck!

vitaminz

Reaction score
Vitaminz... so you had no trouble getting the online advertised price at Platinum Ram, without any dealer add-ons nonsense? Because the online prices are pretty good, but driving out to Terrell from the DFW Metroplex is a bit of a hike, but may be worth the trou
Vitaminz... so you had no trouble getting the online advertised price at Platinum Ram, without any dealer add-ons nonsense? Because the online prices are pretty good, but driving out to Terrell from the DFW Metroplex is a bit of a hike, but may be worth the trouble.
That dealer is awesome. Ask for Tristan. I saw their advertised price and my first question was “do you have dealer add ons” and they said “no” so I knew they were willing to be up front. I asked for them to write it up with TTL and asked to put down a deposit. They said they didn’t need a deposit and I said I want to make sure nothing changes when I get to the dealer. I drove all the way from Denver in 1 day, showed up at 6:30 pm, and was out the door by 7:30 pm. No issues, no changes, nothing. I can’t recommend this dealer enough.

rtslab

Reaction score

MSRP - $64,198

I found diesel model is more difficult to negotiate better discount than HEMI. Anyone knows the reason?

rtslab

Reaction score
Thanks, Dwayne
Seattle and its surrounding cities have been known to not easy to negotiate good deal with almost any car dealers there in addition to the highest sales tax plus RTA tax. You either need to travel north or south to get better deals there.

Users who are viewing this thread