5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Got an offer to get 2020 RAM 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4 Diesel MSRP $75,400 for $64,000 OTD. Is this a good deal or can I do better?

I work for a supplier so I get Preferred Price, 1% bellow Invoice plus all current incentives rebates. Preferred Price on this truck is 69k.

View attachment 72342

I think theres a little more you could squeeze them out of. But if its what you want exactly it is worth it.

Also, is there a trade involved? Sometimes they fudge trade value to fudge the truck value. Next thing you know, fudge man. Fudge everywhere.

jwil320

Reaction score
Almost don’t want to disclose, as it was that large of a difference between the two. I was “walking out the door to leave” on 3 different occasions & they came running after me stating “they’ll make a deal somehow”, then the last attempt I went to leave, they said “they’d meet my demands for the price of the 2021”. The dealership ended up taking a loss on the 2021 truck I ended up buying!

I forced them to end up taking over $24K off the internet advertised sales price! I wasn’t gonna consider any other terms. The internet advertised price was already discounted down to $71,250 which was already lower than the MSRP price, not even taking into consideration all the extra dealer installed options & added fees.
Specs? This is highly unlikely. If it was discounted to $71k already then it has to be fully loaded or at least panoramic sun roof multifunction tailgate, technology package 4x4. The cheapest 2021 I've seen with 4x4 and technology package has been $58,800. Hard to believe that took a loss that big on a 2021 unless you're famous and advertising for them or something.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Specs? This is highly unlikely. If it was discounted to $71k already then it has to be fully loaded or at least panoramic sun roof multifunction tailgate, technology package 4x4. The cheapest 2021 I've seen with 4x4 and technology package has been $58,800. Hard to believe that took a loss that big on a 2021 unless you're famous and advertising for them or something.
Maybe there was a 24k downpayment or trade in not being disclosed!

I require said purchase agreement. Show me the money!

emings

Reaction score
Almost don’t want to disclose, as it was that large of a difference between the two. I was “walking out the door to leave” on 3 different occasions & they came running after me stating “they’ll make a deal somehow”, then the last attempt I went to leave, they said “they’d meet my demands for the price of the 2021”. The dealership ended up taking a loss on the 2021 truck I ended up buying!

I forced them to end up taking over $24K off the internet advertised sales price! I wasn’t gonna consider any other terms. The internet advertised price was already discounted down to $71,250 which was already lower than the MSRP price, not even taking into consideration all the extra dealer installed options & added fees.
On a 2021? Im sorry man im with the others I dont buy it there's something you aren't disclosing because dealers aren't even doing great deals on 2020s right now much less 2021.

emings

Reaction score
I think theres a little more you could squeeze them out of. But if its what you want exactly it is worth it.

Also, is there a trade involved? Sometimes they fudge trade value to fudge the truck value. Next thing you know, fudge man. Fudge everywhere.
Just based on the prices i got back in September on my Ram (and im in Texas) I'd say 64k OTD is pretty good.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Unless they let you look at the books, its near impossible to figure that.
Granted, dealers may say "they took a loss" to those customers who overpaid to make them feel happy.:cool:

Maybe took a loss from what they expected to make but yeah, I agree. No dealer is taking a loss on a sale especially right now

BowDown

Reaction score

I dealt with Nyle Maxwell Ram when shopping for my truck. They do indeed have great deals BUT they didn't have $24K off internet pricing which was already better than most. No way they sold you a 4x4 Limited for $47K, thats Jan-March 2020 Truck Month pricing on a 4x2, not a 4x4. Nyle was aggressive with me as a potential customer but didn't move much beyond their internet advertised price, the only reason I didn't buy from them is all they had were 4x4's which i didn't want.

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
On a 2021? Im sorry man im with the others I dont buy it there's something you aren't disclosing because dealers aren't even doing great deals on 2020s right now much less 2021.

Not even on a 20

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I dealt with Nyle Maxwell Ram when shopping for my truck. They do indeed have great deals BUT they didn't have $24K off internet pricing which was already better than most. No way they sold you a 4x4 Limited for $47K, thats Jan-March 2020 Truck Month pricing on a 4x2, not a 4x4. Nyle was aggressive with me as a potential customer but didn't move much beyond their internet advertised price, the only reason I didn't buy from them is all they had were 4x4's which i didn't want.

Not even on a 20

What I really cannot believe is that its not butter!

Attachments

• x4h1vlim1tt21.jpg
    x4h1vlim1tt21.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 27

baccigalup

Reaction score

No dealer i worked with would do that on a leftover let alone a 2021..did it fall off the truck or something? I hit several dealerships up locally and a few hours away to compete with koons price and no one would go past 62k . Koons was at 59500 less any rebates i qualify for at time of delivery...and thats for an almost loaded laramie msrp of 69k..a little under 14 percent. Not great but not bad considering. I could have gotten a limited thay just hit the ground from another dealer for similar price, but it had air suspension and 3.21 and i really dont want air..dont like the ride and dont want issues in 3 years or in cold. Hopefully rebates will make that 14 percent round off a bit higher.

Inventory is tight. East coast dealers dont seem too willing to deal as much as midwest dealers seem to.

BigBoi

Reaction score
So you got it for around 48k + tax, tags and fees? Would be something to post.
May help them get more transactions at that dealership if they deal like that frequently. Would also help us buyers while helping them sell.
Here’s the sticker price (MSRP) from my new 2021 RAM Limited 4x4. The dealership stated that the truck hit the lot a day or two before I purchased it. I wasn’t too excited to buy it at first sight, but after forcing them to meet my price or no deal, I decided to go ahead and buy it.
I forced them down an additional $24K off of that if they wanted me to purchase it.

Attachments

• 8A029658-98E0-4D9A-BB3B-941CF8312FAD.jpeg
    8A029658-98E0-4D9A-BB3B-941CF8312FAD.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Here’s the sticker price (MSRP) from my new 2021 RAM Limited 4x4. The dealership stated that the truck hit the lot a day or two before I purchased it. I wasn’t too excited to buy it at first sight, but after forcing them to meet my price or no deal, I decided to go ahead and buy it.
I forced them down an additional $24K off of that if they wanted me to purchase it.
Do you have the purchase agreement?

BigBoi

Reaction score
Do you have the purchase agreement?
Yes, but it’s not on me currently, as I’m not at home right now. I’m not sure that’s something that I’d want to post considering all the other information that’s on it.
I’m not wanting to or trying to indorse any dealerships!

Wsmith

Reaction score
I will pay you to negotiate my next vehicle purchase.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie in Hydro Blue with 35 miles on it
MSRP….Sticker shows $55925

Numbers according to the bill of sale:
Truck total price $50825.00
Tax, tags, doc fees came out to $4,113.54
Additional rebates $6000
Total out the door $48,444.54

Savings with tax 14%
Savings without tax included 20%

What I learned….no matter what….just walk out the door( yes..even if you like it). If they want to sell you the car, they would call you back.

To make a long 3 day story short. Went in Monday…test drove 2 different trucks. One of them was this Laramie, other was a white bighorn. Didn’t like the 12in screen on the bighorn. That night , they wanted to negotiate for the Laramie, but I told them flat out, I couldn’t afford it. So instead I ordered a 2021 bighorn hydro blue the way I wanted I with my $500 deposit. That truck price was within $6k of the Laramie (out the door). They are desperate to move the 2020 Laramie( I believe there was 2…2020 left on the lot) so they price matched what I ordered.

Overall…I think I did really good. I wasn’t expecting to be in a Laramie…and I was super surprised how comfortable it is.

Pass owner of a 12 Ram 1500, Current owner of a 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread