5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Bitwise

Reaction score
I got a quote from Dennis Dillon for a 2021 Rebel and it was a bit higher than I was expecting based on the experiences of other people. Maybe the Rebels just can't be discounted as much. MSRP on my build was $57,770 and I was quoted $50754 plus tax, tag, title. According to the salesman, this price is after all discounts and rebates and does include a $2000.00 discount for financing through Chrysler.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I got a quote from Dennis Dillon for a 2021 Rebel and it was a bit higher than I was expecting based on the experiences of other people. Maybe the Rebels just can't be discounted as much. MSRP on my build was $57,770 and I was quoted $50754 plus tax, tag, title. According to the salesman, this price is after all discounts and rebates and does include a $2000.00 discount for financing through Chrysler.
They did the same thing on my quote, which is quite confusing. $500 is the current rebate on Chrysler financing but not $2000.

joshj84

Reaction score
^^^ its because they get a kickback from chrysler because of how many they finance i believe.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Dennis Dillon did that for me too (early Sept 2020) for 2000, but they explained it right away and were very clear.

They continued to explain the "gentleman's" agreement that I keep this financing for at least 6 payments.

No complaints from me. The slightly higher interest rate will cost me less than 100 bucks...in order to save 2000. No brainier.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ST9

Reaction score
About to sign the papers on a Limited 4x4 MSRP $71,360 got the price down to $58,720 that's almost 18% off MSRP which I think is pretty good. Black appearance package, 3.92, panoramic sun roof, 33 gal fuel tank, trailer brake control, multifunction tailgate, anti-spin differential with bed utility group.
I think this is a very good deal in this market. Can you please let me know where and I am guessing this is 2020, 4x4, and 5'7 bed?

ST9

Reaction score
Has anyone actually used the warranty from Ziegler to fix things? I head quite a bit of horror stories on other after market providers. Many after market, will only send their person to inspect any damage and assess. Sometimes it takes days to weeks to get that done. Then after that, they wiggle out of things by saying it is wear and tear or some crap like that. If the car is used, then the inspector says the damage was before the warranty was purchased so they won't cover it.

U

User_3336

Has anyone actually used the warranty from Ziegler to fix things? I head quite a bit of horror stories on other after market providers. Many after market, will only send their person to inspect any damage and assess. Sometimes it takes days to weeks to get that done. Then after that, they wiggle out of things by saying it is wear and tear or some crap like that. If the car is used, then the inspector says the damage was before the warranty was purchased so they won't cover it.
The extended warranty that one buys from Zeigler is absolutely no different than the SAME ESP that one would buy directly from MOPAR/FCA.
Zeigler sells the same GENUINE factory warranty.

Where are people getting different information?

ST9

Reaction score
The extended warranty that one buys from Zeigler is absolutely no different than the SAME ESP that one would buy directly from MOPAR/FCA.
Zeigler sells the same GENUINE factory warranty.

Where are people getting different information?
Sorry, my comment was about companies like Carshield and their competitors. I have zero experience or know anyone who has purchased Mopar/Zeigler warranties. So I was curious on if anyone actually purchased Zeigler and how was their experience if they ever had to "use" it for repair.

Arth

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Limited with Eco Diesel, Ramboxes, Sunroof, 33 gal tank, multifunction tailgate, and a few things I am sure I missed.

MSRP 74,700. Down to 65,700. Allowed 33,500 on my trade of 2018 Ram 1500 bighorn 15k miles. Out the door 32,700 because of their doc fee. No taxes for my situation. I feel like it's an okay deal but not the best by any means.

U

User_3336

Sorry, my comment was about companies like Carshield and their competitors. I have zero experience or know anyone who has purchased Mopar/Zeigler warranties. So I was curious on if anyone actually purchased Zeigler and how was their experience if they ever had to "use" it for repair.
You should read this thread when you get a change. All your extended warranty questions answered. Zeigler is considered the best price. there are other online retailers offering them as well.

.....https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/best-place-to-purchase-mopar-official-mopar-warranty-dont-buy-from-local-dealer.6878/......

Take out the periods.

slick300

Reaction score
So, I picked her up yesterday! After a couple of months of searching and talking with numerous dealers, I struck a deal with Dulles Chrysler in Leesburg VA last weekend. Worked with Johnny Kinney their internet manager to get a deal done. Their internet pricing got me looking at a truck that was out of my original price range, and their initial offer wasn’t doable for me. Johnny gave me the “what can I do to get your business?”, and I told him where i was looking to be OTD. I thought there was no chance, bu he got back to me the next day and they hit my number.

2020 BH crew, 5.7 eT , flame red, night edition, BH 2, BUG, premium lighting, ram boxes, 12” UConn, sunroof, Alpine, trailer brake, 3.92, mats, liners.

MSRP 59,115
Price 46231
Trade 23,000 (1500 more than anyone else offered....3000 more than Dulles’ original offer)
Dealer Fee 995
TTL 2461
OTD 26687

Great dealer to work with and well worth the 6.5 hr drive to VA! I highly recommend Johnny Kinney and Dulles Chrysler!

Attachments

• D19A9C73-3B0C-4E2F-B768-6E7C507B87C2.jpeg
    D19A9C73-3B0C-4E2F-B768-6E7C507B87C2.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might want to read the last few pages of this lengthy post as several of us have purchased from Ziegler. I’ve never had an issue with them, their warranties or any Ram dealer accepted it as it is a genuine FCA Mopar extended warranty accepted at all Ram service locations.

IceHot

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've got a deal with a dealership for a truck that MSRP's for 52,850.

It's a Big Horn with the level 2 equipment package, Sport package and the Customer Preferred Package for $42,500.

Does this seem like a good deal? It's a 2020. It's a quad cab with the 6'4 bed.

Ask any questions

emings

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

It's a Big Horn with the level 2 equipment package, Sport package and the Customer Preferred Package for $42,500.

Ask any questions
If it's what you're looking for I would take the deal. The good inventory packages are getting slim on the 2020s. If you want something else have the dealer throw in a set of rubber floor mats or mopar wheel locks to sweeten the deal on your end.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Ask any questions

Not bad at all as long as it’s spec’d out how you like or pretty close to your “must have”. Leftover 2020 are starting to be slim pickings now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Mike7311

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Ask any questions
Play hard ball, let the deal get to the finance department and then “change your mind”. There’s still a few thousand dollars of wiggle room on this one.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So as previous post have suggested, pickings for 2020 are getting thin...and I see in my area (south jersey, philly) inventory seems to be low for 2021. Right now dealers aren’t negotiating on anything..so I’m saying no.

I’m actually just thinking about ordering something in hopes I get it by the end of the year. Would there be any rebates or incentives that I would be willing to get on it? Or do I have to wait until December to find out what they would be.

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

jwil320

Reaction score
I think this is a very good deal in this market. Can you please let me know where and I am guessing this is 2020, 4x4, and 5'7 bed?
Yes it was a 2020 4x4 5'7 bed. I got my from Meador auto in Ft. Worth Tx.

emings

Reaction score
Play hard ball, let the deal get to the finance department and then “change your mind”. There’s still a few thousand dollars of wiggle room on this one.
In a normal year it would be but this is not a normal year. Dealers are less willing to give discounts I know i just found out buying my Ram. If its the spec he wants he needs to jump on that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread