5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

vegaskeith

Reaction score
Tobin RAM in Henderson Nevada has 36, 2020, 3.0 Diesels left, Laramie's discounted about $8,900, Limited's around $9,700 off of window.

Wsmith

Reaction score
New 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie in Hydro Blue with 35 miles on it
MSRP….Sticker shows $55925

Numbers according to the bill of sale:
Truck total price $50825.00
Tax, tags, doc fees came out to $4,113.54
Additional rebates $6000
Total out the door $48,444.54

Savings with tax 14%
Savings without tax included 20%

What I learned….no matter what….just walk out the door( yes..even if you like it). If they want to sell you the car, they would call you back.

To make a long 3 day story short. Went in Monday…test drove 2 different trucks. One of them was this Laramie, other was a white bighorn. Didn’t like the 12in screen on the bighorn. That night , they wanted to negotiate for the Laramie, but I told them flat out, I couldn’t afford it. So instead I ordered a 2021 bighorn hydro blue the way I wanted I with my $500 deposit. That truck price was within $6k of the Laramie (out the door). They are desperate to move the 2020 Laramie( I believe there was 2…2020 left on the lot) so they price matched what I ordered.

Overall…I think I did really good. I wasn’t expecting to be in a Laramie…and I was super surprised how comfortable it is.

Pass owner of a 12 Ram 1500, Current owner of a 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
As good of deal as I got, I ended up at a little over 19% off MSRP. It seems kind of like a crap shoot. Dealer location and inventory play a big role. I bought in June, I keep looking ,for some reason, at local pricing. It seems that the deals are not quite as good now as they were when I bought, right out of lockdown #1.

BigBoi

Reaction score
For what you paid, I would break even giving you 10g, I could only muster 19% off msrp. Illinois, but keeping what I got for a few years.
I hear you about keeping what you got for a few years! I wasn’t even considering purchasing another new truck, but I ended up buying this only because I forced them to meet my demands. Once they finally did, I was basically forced to buy it because I had signed the agreement that stated if they sell it to me for $X amount, I agree to purchase it at that price. The most time consuming part of the 2 hour dealership visit was waiting on them to agree to my terms. I did walk out three times got in my truck & started it preparing to drive off as they came running after me each time. The third time they meet my requirements, so I just bought the truck. Took almost 30 minutes to wait for the finance dept manager to be ready, then signed & finalized the purchase.

Good luck on your next future purchase! I wouldn’t mind a road trip to Illinois as long as it’s not during the winter.

BigBoi

Reaction score
As good of deal as I got, I ended up at a little over 19% off MSRP. It seems kind of like a crap shoot. Dealer location and inventory play a big role. I bought in June, I keep looking ,for some reason, at local pricing. It seems that the deals are not quite as good now as they were when I bought, right out of lockdown #1.
As arod412 stated above: you have to be willing to walk away without anything at all, even if you really like what’s on the lot!
If the dealership wants to make a sell, they will come back after you or call you right back just to try and make a sell.

Wsmith

Reaction score
As arod412 stated above: you have to be willing to walk away without anything at all, even if you really like what’s on the lot!
If the dealership wants to make a sell, they will come back after you or call you right back just to try and make a sell.
Walked out of Kuhn's CJDR and Antioch CJDR in Illinois, no one gave chase. In this area anyway the deals don't come like I have seen posted here. Antioch would not go below MSRP before discounts. Did not seem to care a bit if I walked, and proved it when I did.

BigBoi

Reaction score
Walked out of Kuhn's CJDR and Antioch CJDR in Illinois, no one gave chase. In this area anyway the deals don't come like I have seen posted here. Antioch would not go below MSRP before discounts. Did not seem to care a bit if I walked, and proved it when I did.
That sucks! I’m sorry man that the dealership treated someone like that. They feed their families by selling everyone vehicles. So not sure why they’d treat someone that way. That’s just wrong!

slatersan

Reaction score
I hear you about keeping what you got for a few years! I wasn’t even considering purchasing another new truck, but I ended up buying this only because I forced them to meet my demands. Once they finally did, I was basically forced to buy it because I had signed the agreement that stated if they sell it to me for $X amount, I agree to purchase it at that price. The most time consuming part of the 2 hour dealership visit was waiting on them to agree to my terms. I did walk out three times got in my truck & started it preparing to drive off as they came running after me each time. The third time they meet my requirements, so I just bought the truck. Took almost 30 minutes to wait for the finance dept manager to be ready, then signed & finalized the purchase.

Good luck on your next future purchase! I wouldn’t mind a road trip to Illinois as long as it’s not during the winter.

So was your price 48k WITH a trade, or 48K WITHOUT a trade?

Very different scenarios.

emings

Reaction score
Here’s the sticker price (MSRP) from my new 2021 RAM Limited 4x4. The dealership stated that the truck hit the lot a day or two before I purchased it. I wasn’t too excited to buy it at first sight, but after forcing them to meet my price or no deal, I decided to go ahead and buy it.
I forced them down an additional $24K off of that if they wanted me to purchase it.
That would be a record for this board 30+% off MSRP on a Limited can't wait to see the purchase agreement.

emings

Reaction score
Here’s the sticker price (MSRP) from my new 2021 RAM Limited 4x4. The dealership stated that the truck hit the lot a day or two before I purchased it. I wasn’t too excited to buy it at first sight, but after forcing them to meet my price or no deal, I decided to go ahead and buy it.
I forced them down an additional $24K off of that if they wanted me to purchase it.
Im going to go out on a limb and say zero chance that a dealer is going to take 24k off msrp off a limited that just hit the ground a day or two before sorry i still dont buy it.

Grouper

Reaction score
Im going to go out on a limb and say zero chance that a dealer is going to take 24k off msrp off a limited that just hit the ground a day or two before sorry i still dont buy it.

Well, he did write, repeatedly, that he "forced" the dealership into the deal. So, I assume there was either a gun or compromising photos involved.

Otherwise, I don't see how one can "force" a dealer to do anything.

brettguercio

Reaction score
Looking at a 2020 limited msrp $65,567 dealership is discounting it 9k
trade in 2019 ram Laramie msrp was $59,xxx dealership is offering me $39,000 on trade is this a good deal ?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
trade in 2019 ram Laramie msrp was $59,xxx dealership is offering me $39,000 on trade is this a good deal ?

All depends if you are upside down on your currently loan for the Laramie. You don’t want to bring over negativity equity. If you don’t...then I think you are in a good position

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

emings

Reaction score
Is that 9k with or without incentives from FCA?39k on what is essentially a 2 year old Laramie that was probably 49k before ttl when you bought it is a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
What does he have to prove to anyone here...really? Good for him if he did that well
Youre right. We should all join this forum and say we got 30%+ off msrp......

The point is this thread is suppose to help give everyone a fair comparison.
His/her results are so many deviations out the norm, especially on a 2021, that is does not seem possible.
If it is, thats awesome! Maybe I will look into that dealer in the future.

If not, that is the same as me starting a thread saying water helps lube cam bearings and is a good additive.

emings

Reaction score
Youre right. We should all join this forum and say we got 30%+ off msrp......

The point is this thread is suppose to help give everyone a fair comparison.
His/her results are so many deviations out the norm, especially on a 2021, that is does not seem possible.
If it is, thats awesome! Maybe I will look into that dealer in the future.

If not, that is the same as me starting a thread saying water helps lube cam bearings and is a good additive.
30% off would be a good deal on a leftover Big Horn/Lonestar but there's no way he got 30% off a 2021 Limited

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
30% off would be a good deal on a leftover Big Horn/Lonestar but there's no way he got 30% off a 2021 Limited
I will be optimistic and say maybe the sales rep made a mistake and quoted the wrong deal and had to follow through with it. However I do not feel it is fair to not back it up with proof. Thats an extra 15% off MSRP over what i got off on a 2020 which was a demo model.

Users who are viewing this thread