5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dramrod

Reaction score
@Ed_rtr Go for 25% plus off msrp on a BH. Look at surrounding dealerships inventory to compare trucks, too

Last edited:

JKlem

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here and looking for a little advice. I’m working a deal currently for a 2020 big horn with the night package. It’s a 4wd crew can with an msrp of almost 53k. I have them down to 46k out the door. Good deal in your opinion or no. Thanks for any help. Been driving the same 2003 quad cab Hemi sport since 2004 so I’m out of the loop on the new vehicle deals
How do you read this post and still ask a question like that? Lol.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here and looking for a little advice. I’m working a deal currently for a 2020 big horn with the night package. It’s a 4wd crew can with an msrp of almost 53k. I have them down to 46k out the door. Good deal in your opinion or no. Thanks for any help. Been driving the same 2003 quad cab Hemi sport since 2004 so I’m out of the loop on the new vehicle deals
You can do much better. In my region (southeast) the factory incentives alone are $7K. You should be able to negotiate a dealer discount of 10-15% which would be an additional $5-8K off MSRP. If they won't discount it that much, don't be afraid to walk out the door and go somewhere else.

NJMyth

Reaction score
Need some more info on what "out the door" means. All taxes and fees included? Much easier if you just give the selling price, taxes and fees vary by state.

RaptorRam08

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend is a good % off dealer discount on a Big Horn, Laramie, and Rebel while still getting the 0% interest loan? I'm not sure how much is smoke when the dealers say they cant get rebates with that loan? I'm military and would be trading in a F150 so I dont see why I still wouldn't qualify for those rebates regardless of interest rate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dramrod

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend is a good % off dealer discount on a Big Horn, Laramie, and Rebel while still getting the 0% interest loan? I'm not sure how much is smoke when the dealers say they cant get rebates with that loan? I'm military and would be trading in a F150 so I dont see why I still wouldn't qualify for those rebates regardless of interest rate.

from the sounds of it $6k-$7k. Get the USAA code for the additional $1k off.
Just because 0%/84 makes it affordable. Look at NFCU’s 2.29/72. Find a loan calculator, the 0%/84 might not be worth the ~6k you’ll save more by taking the rebates.

Kaag

Reaction score
Would you all recommend driving to a dealer in another state for a good deal or contacting my local dealer instead to see if they would do a trade to get that truck local for me?

Last edited:

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Would you all recommend driving to a dealer in another state for a good deal or contacting my local dealer to see if they would do a trade to get that truck local for me?
Driving to another state all depends on how far and how much. When I bought my 16' Laramie I drove 9 hours to save an additional $4K. That calculates to $444 an hour. Not a bad wage. (y) Most places that give the great deals are used to people buying from out of state and will usually pick you up at the closest airport. Sell your car to a car buying company or Carmax, you'll probably do better. But once you know the deal for your new truck see if your local dealer will match or come close and then weight the options.

glunkey

Reaction score
Just got a flyer for NO payments until 2021 on select new inventory....does not allow for rebates though. quick google search and saw a couple other dealers starting this promotion too.

1587578388415.png

jbdan

Reaction score

I've had to do my due diligence, but I'm finally near the end of my deal. I'm presently at 13.5% off MSRP dealer discount on a 2020 Laramie Crew 4X4 5.7L no etorque. This is with the 0% 84. I had to go 120 miles out to find this. In state though. I think north of 10% dealer discount is good imo

Last edited:

jbdan

Reaction score
Would you all recommend driving to a dealer in another state for a good deal or contacting my local dealer instead to see if they would do a trade to get that truck local for me?
I did both but instead of driving there, get their price in writing via internet. Or call them. Really shop around as you can do it right from home, especially now

ramfanatic

Reaction score
I've had my 2020 Limited for about a week and a half. I didn't do nearly as well as you guys seem to be doing as far as a deal, but it was exactly what I wanted and I love it. I guess I wasn't willing to wait for the next "just right" truck to come along to save a few bucks. MSRP: 71k, financed 63,8 at 84 mths/0%. Allegedly 1k below invoice. I was also willing to invest a little to have a relationship with the dealer just in case of problems down the road. Plus this was my first new car (I'm 43). So all in all, I'm happy.
Congrats! Enjoy the honeymoon with your new masterpiece. You know what I'm talking about. You can't take your eyes off of her, you find any excuse to take a ride together, washing her up is a joy not a chore. you don't even care about money you got to shell out every month. Isn't love grand? Since she is your first, hopefully the honeymoon phase will last longer. I just love "new car love". :love:

Dramrod

Reaction score
Just got a flyer for NO payments until 2021 on select new inventory....does not allow for rebates though. quick google search and saw a couple other dealers starting this promotion too.

View attachment 53596

does this essentially mean your loan starts jan 1st? So you’ll have a 7+ year loan? Or is it still 84 months from the date of purchase? That could save thousands if it’s still 84 months from date of purchase! (Continue paying your payment if you can afford it people).

Last edited:

slapthatplank

Reaction score
does this essentially mean your loan starts jan 1st? So you’ll have a 7+ year loan? Or is it still 84 months from the date of purchase? That could save thousands if it’s still 84 months from date of purchase! (Continue paying your payment if you can afford it people).

My payments are deferred 3 months then it's 84 months past that. So it's really an 87 month loan. Waiting til Jan to start payments is crazy. It'll be 5 years before you're not upside down not assuming any trade circumstances.

RichUT

Reaction score
So I put down a $1k deposit on a Longhorn two weeks ago and the plan was to buy it today. I received a call just before noon telling me that the owner of the dealership sold it to a buddy because he wasn’t aware that I had a deposit on it.

They found a very similar truck (same color, same primary features, etc) in Idaho and its on the way and expected to be ready by M/T of next week. It actually has a slightly higher MSRP due to having the painted bumper package and the bed utility option. They have obviously agreed to eat the cost on those. The things that are missing are not that important to me (3:92 gears, tow package with the oversized side views), so I’m likely going to take the replacement.

My question to this group is what should I ask for to make this right? I see the deposit as a two way commitment, and they would not have shown me any sympathy if I needed to back out for some reason. I recognize that they found a replacement that is pretty much like for like, but I also had plans for the truck as early as this weekend.

So, if you were in my shoes, what would you be asking for? A straight reduction in the cost is obviously the most ideal, but I’m curious if there are other things people would recommend.

Jofu

Reaction score
Waiting til Jan to start payments is crazy. It'll be 5 years before you're not upside down not assuming any trade circumstances.

Although that's assuming no big down payment, yeah? It would be wise to provide a down payment big enough to ensure you are always on the upside, me think...

Actually, when people take the 84-month offer, are they able to put down $0 as well, provided their credit allows them to borrow the whole amount, or does RAM require some sort of initial payment?

Geoff

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Although that's assuming no big down payment, yeah? It would be wise to provide a down payment big enough to ensure you are always on the upside, me think...

Actually, when people take the 84-month offer, are they able to put down $0 as well, provided their credit allows them to borrow the whole amount, or does RAM require some sort of initial payment?

Geoff
**** happens, if the truck is really similar and you were slightly inconvenienced, I'd ask for a few free synthetic oil changes, or some Mopar parts at cost.

RaptorRam08

Reaction score
So guys I was able to get the dealership to go from a $55,200 MSRP on a loaded Big Horn to $46,000 and with the 0% interest deal. I am probably going to take it since that is around 17% off MSRP from just dealership fees. I reached out to a couple of other local dealers to see if they could beat it, but you think that is a good deal to pull the trigger on?

Big Ballers

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. I currently own a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie with 76k. The dealer initially offered me 20k then raised it to 22k when I walked off the lot. Since I have been back and forth with the dealer on a 2020 Laramie crew with off road pkg. The MSRP is 56,280. Right now they have thrown in $7700 in dealer incentives and 5k in rebates but I have to finance through Chrysler capitol to receive the rebates. At 12,700 off. I would go the incentive route if i had flexibility to shop the rate. I was quoted 2.89% from local credit union: However I know it won’t be that low through Chrysler. First, what are your thoughts where they are dealer discount wise? Second should I go incentives and take loan through Chrysler or forgo and take 0%? Third should I just wait it out for a month or two? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Users who are viewing this thread