5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

canarygrass

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a Limited today. MSRP: $70,160. Got $8,000 off for a net of $62,160 with the 0% for 84 month financing. About 11.5% off.

Bought from Wickstrom CJDR in Barrington. Honest dealership that I highly recommend to anyone in the Chicagoland area

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
How did I do? Might be picking this up on Saturday.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

5'7" box, hemi w/ etorque, 4x4, customer preferred package z27, level 2 equipment, blind spot and cross pass detection, trailer brake controller

0% over 60 financing

View attachment 53741

Hopefully going to get them to remove the nitro and OCP charge....

@Strife Without seeing the POC, I'm going to have to guess here. The dealer discount (5k) is probably close to invoice (FWP column on POC). There is still holdback (HB) and potential to go lower (discounts below invoice). I would recommend pushing to get all the addons thrown in for free. $200 for nitro is crazy. Air is 78% nitrogen...smh. If you can get the "total purchase" line down to 42k and have them throw in the OCP you should have a decent deal. Pushing more or less from there is up to you. Best of luck.

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
How did I do? Might be picking this up on Saturday.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

5'7" box, hemi w/ etorque, 4x4, customer preferred package z27, level 2 equipment, blind spot and cross pass detection, trailer brake controller

0% over 60 financing

View attachment 53741

Hopefully going to get them to remove the nitro and OCP charge....
No way in hell. Overcharge on all those options, not to mention some of them being pointless. Poor rebates and poor discount.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome forum and awesome thread you guys have here. Looking to join the family soon, was wondering if you guys have experience leasing, can I apply same logic of discount off msrp in a lease? And obviously plug into calculator depending on residual and money factor that month.
Do you think the lease rates/incentives will be more aggressive may or June vs this month ?

Want to get a 2020 Laramie 4x2 with a lot of options close to 60k truck. Would a truck like that be possible to be had in lows 500s for a lease or maybe even high 400s? Or am I asking for too much
Good questions. I am looking June, and may lease this one. I think you can negotiate dealer discount off MSRP like with a purchase. Rebates are different than a purchase.

Ondaora20

Reaction score
Hello Everyone...my first post. But thanks to all of the excellent information contributed here on this forum, I was able to order my 2020 Ram Diesel Limited this afternoon at what I felt was a very decent price. I contacted Craig Benner at Koons CDJR. And as others mentioned on previous posts, his communication was prompt, and his pricing crystal clear. Again, as was previously stated, he will order a truck for you priced 8% below dealer invoice, which is roughly 15.5% off MSRP. So my $71,590 Ram Limited came in at $60,467.92 + TTL + $799.00 processing fee. And my signed paperwork clearly states "Less any rebates at time of delivery". It was all accomplished by email and a phone call within two hours.

A real change of pace from a dealer in Michigan who had the same truck -a demo with 1,800 miles on it - but with the 22" wheels and Pano Roof. Around $74,400.00. Offered for $55,500 (roughly). But when I called, the sales manager said I wasn't an employee, so the pricing would be around $2,600+ more. BUT, the owner sold the truck to his buddy last weekend so it wasn't even available any longer. I've got zero patience with that kind of BS. So when I read about Craig Benner at Koons, that's all I needed.

So I get to take a nice Amtrak train ride from NYC to DC to pick up the beast whenever it shows. I know it's a bit of a crap shoot as to what rebates and financing will be available at the time it does show up, but I'm fairly certain there will still be some kind of incentives and financing available. Again...thank you to all of you for your invaluable posts. It was greatly appreciated, and saved me a lot of money.

Last edited:

bigben542

Reaction score
Awesome forum and awesome thread you guys have here. Looking to join the family soon, was wondering if you guys have experience leasing, can I apply same logic of discount off msrp in a lease? And obviously plug into calculator depending on residual and money factor that month.
Do you think the lease rates/incentives will be more aggressive may or June vs this month ?

Want to get a 2020 Laramie 4x2 with a lot of options close to 60k truck. Would a truck like that be possible to be had in lows 500s for a lease or maybe even high 400s? Or am I asking for too much

I too am currently looking to lease which would be a first for me, having always financed my vehicles, so I have no idea what to expect. Either way I have been following for sometime and there’s a lot of great advice on here.

Quick story about how my dealings have started off in my search, I reached out to my local dealer who is maybe a mile and a half away to inquire about a loaded Laramie on the lot. I’ve been eyeing it for sometime and it’s more then what I am looking for at the moment but if I were to build a truck, this would be it, all except the color/paint scheme. It’s a 67,000 Laramie with every single option except MFT and ED. Now it was the owners demo throughout winter so I wanted to know what mileage it has to compare to their advertised internet price. They are advertising it with a 5600 dollar dealer discount then current incentives and such. Talking to the internet sales manager he thought 11,000 off sticker is a great price, which is what I would expect after negotiating to hopefully be what the dealer discount would end up before incentives and possible rebates.

So he finally answers my question of how many miles are on it. He nonchalantly says it has 6400 on it. So not only is nearly 18% of the bumper to bumper warranty used up, he thinks that their discount is a great price for such an expensive truck. We ended the talk for the time being but seriously is this how it’s gonna start everywhere or is he just seeing if I’m a sucker.

Sorry for the long post, I’d just like to see what anyone else thinks. I’d expect that current dealer discount to probably be about what invoice is in the first place. To have that many miles on it already and to be optioned so highly there better be a lot more room to come down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a Limited today. MSRP: $70,160. Got $8,000 off for a net of $62,160 with the 0% for 84 month financing. About 11.5% off.

Bought from Wickstrom CJDR in Barrington. Honest dealership that I highly recommend to anyone in the Chicagoland area
Sounds like a pretty well loaded Ltd if it was $70. Enjoy it!
Try for that $250 “Bonus Drive’ rebate. Google it.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello Everyone...my first post. But thanks to all of the excellent information contributed here on this forum, I was able to order my 2020 Ram Diesel Limited this afternoon at what I felt was a very decent price. I contacted Craig Benner at Koons CDJR. And as others mentioned on previous posts, his communication was prompt, and his pricing crystal clear. Again, as was previously stated, he will order a truck for you priced 8% below dealer invoice, which is roughly 15.5% off MSRP. So my $71,590 Ram Limited came in at $60,467.92 + TTL + $799.00 processing fee. And my signed paperwork clearly states "Less any rebates at time of delivery". It was all accomplished by email and a phone call within two hours.

A real change of pace from a dealer in Michigan who had the same truck -a demo with 1,800 miles on it - but with the 22" wheels and Pano Roof. Around $74,400.00. Offered for $55,500 (roughly). But when I called, the sales manager said I wasn't an employee, so the pricing would be around $2,600+ more. BUT, the owner sold the truck to his buddy last weekend so it wasn't even available any longer. I've got zero patience with that kind of BS. So when I read about Craig Benner at Koons, that's all I needed.

So I get to take a nice Amtrak train ride from NYC to DC to pick up the beast whenever it shows. I know it's a bit of a crap shoot as to what rebates and financing will be available at the time it does show up, but I'm fairly certain there will still be some kind of incentives and financing available. Again...thank you to all of you for your invaluable posts. It was greatly appreciated, and saved me a lot of money.
Nice that the forum helped you. When you take possession, don’t forget that $250 “Bonus Drive” rebate, if you qualify. At least its a bit back.

calvinjns

Reaction score
Can you guys let me know if this is a good deal or if I should push for more. I'm looking at a 2020 Big Horn Built to Serve 1500.

Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Multi-Function Tailgate
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
Pick-Up Box Lighting
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
Black Tubular Side Steps
E-Locker Rear Axle

MSRP - $54,325
Dealer discount - $4,309
Possible rebates - $5,750
OTD price - $44,266

Good deal or should I wait it out??

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. Im in KC and working with a dealer and Im at 38,150 with a trade in (2500-3000), MSRP 52,450. From what Ive seen on here 27% off msrp at least is what I should be looking at on a big horn. with that in mind, That gets me to 38,289 before trade. I told them "35,700 you have my number" and walked out the door. that was about a week ago and have not heard back. But there is still time till the end of the month. Im in no rush so I can wait out their games. Its also a built to serve edition in gator green. Does not look like many people like that color. I actually love the color. Ball is in their court now.

Im also going not going with 0@84. I have a nice size down payment to put on it and plan on refinancing after a few payments depending on the rate they give me. (excellent credit)

ramfanatic

Reaction score
In a normal economy I wouldn't settle for anything less 25% off of MSRP including the dealer fees. You just need another $1300 off and that would be 25%. If you really want the truck ask for an additional $2k discount and you would have some room to negotiate. That being said, you asked earlier if you should wait a month or two. I say yes. Once the factory resumes production FCA and the dealers will be under more pressure to move inventory. I would think the factory incentives and dealer discounts will only get better.

Ninjabros

Reaction score
Fyi just got this from a local dealer I'm working with. Now might not be the greatest time to buy.

"There are no volume bonus this month (April) with the manufacturer, if there were I would do a bit more"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Big Ballers

Reaction score
Huh? He’s a big football coach. Even though he doesn’t like throwing that around lol.
In a normal economy I wouldn't settle for anything less 25% off of MSRP including the dealer fees. You just need another $1300 off and that would be 25%. If you really want the truck ask for an additional $2k discount and you would have some room to negotiate. That being said, you asked earlier if you should wait a month or two. I say yes. Once the factory resumes production FCA and the dealers will be under more pressure to move inventory. I would think the factory incentives and dealer discounts will only get better.
thank you I appreciate the advice!! That’s the angle I am going to take.

j.rod85

Reaction score
Looking for some input here. Looking at a 2020 Laramie 1500 MSRP 62,105 the dealer sent me a quote with dealer discount of $6,118 bringing the sales price to 55,987. The truck is located about 450 miles away and they said they would go get it for me and drive it back. They then told me it was being used as a dealer car and had 900 miles on it already so by the time i get it there will be around 1400 miles on it. Is it realistic of me to ask for more off while still trying to get the 0% for 84 months. Any input appreciated.

DCFireSgt

Reaction score
Been tracking the forum for awhile and appreciate the collective wisdom. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this deal and would welcome any feedback.

2020 1500 Limited: 5’7” box, 4x4, Hemi w/o etorque, Level 1 equipment, 22” wheels, sunroof, other...

$68,665 msrp
$10,046 dealer discount (14.6%)
$4,000 incentive (0% APR for 36 months)
$54,619 before TTL (20.5% off msrp)
Sounds like a very good deal to me. Where is that dealer?

Vols1018

Reaction score
Fyi just got this from a local dealer I'm working with. Now might not be the greatest time to buy.

"There are no volume bonus this month (April) with the manufacturer, if there were I would do a bit more"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have heard the same thing with multiple dealers in my area as well. They told me that is why they aren't making big deals because there isn't the volume pressure this month. I thought they were all full of it until you just posted that.

Users who are viewing this thread