5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just an update while looking at my dealer’s stock. He has 10 non ET hemi Limiteds and 12 with ET. He has about 5 diesels and at least 2 v6’s. All are 4x4. Somewhere I recently read on this forum that a buyer was only seeing ET Limiteds in their area. Not here.
Rebels are averaging $9K to 10K off no matter what the MSRP is.
Oh wait, here’s a deal (likely a misprint but who knows!)
2020 RAM 1500 Rebel Quad Cab Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine MPG Range: 19/24 Exterior Color: Granite Interior Color: Black Cloth/Vinyl
Stock #:201012 Drive Line:4WD
  • MSRP $49,330
  • You Save $19,121
  • Internet Price $30,209
  • VIN: 1C6RRFEG8LN317481

I’m not pulling your leg, that‘s what‘s listed. Kernersville RAM in North Carolina. Remember its a quad Cab v6, and as of this morning 4/20/2020. You can click on the window sticker on their website, it has the upgrade 1 package too. If I had a spare $30K I’d get it... So where’s my covid check?
Edit
Thought so, I just refreshed the page and it losr a “1” off the front of the price!
I should have jumped on it!

jbdan

Reaction score
What boxes does it not tick? Anything big? How much do you want that color/bed length/option package?

I’d rather have bought a Laramie with 18” wheels if it was for me but everyones tastes are different.
Nothing big. In my custom build I had 20" wheels, tonneau cover, side-steps, and no pano sunroof which this one has.

This models options are:

- 4X4 Laramie crew w/ 5'7" bed no etorque
- off road group
- bed utility group
- level 1
- 12" uconnect
- pano sunroof
- granite crystal
- 33gal tank
- bucket seats
- floor mats

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Used prices tanking according to this article. I have to imagine this will affect trade in values.

Another article says trade in values are down about 10% but used car prices are only down 1%.

Jalopnik: No One Knows What's Happening With The Used Car Market.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Craig mentioned - normally they stop late Summer/Early Fall...not sure if that will be the same this year. Maybe I will shoot for an early August arrival?

I guess it depends on what the dealer says when the cut off maybe this year. I haven gotten that far yet. You may be able to research what kind of Ram rebates were available in previous years in August/September and try to line up delivery. I got a 2019 Santa Fe last year (off the lot) in August because Hyundai had some good end of summer/model year rebates going on and 2020's were already on the lots.

I'm thinking the same thing. Either order a 2020 Rebel and try to line up delivery for what may be good summer rebate times or order a 2021 and try to line it up for Thanksgiving/Black Friday or may be end of year.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Another article says trade in values are down about 10% but used car prices are only down 1%.

Jalopnik: No One Knows What's Happening With The Used Car Market.

Got to think that high unemployment and a flood of trade-ins, cars coming off lease and rental companies dumping inventory is a perfect storm for that side of the auto business. Nothing happens the same way twice. With the Great Recession, it was a freeze on credit that hit car sales. This time credit may be OK, but many won't have jobs to go out and buy used or new cars.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If referring to my post it's right at $51,600. This will be with 0% 84 mos option

Nothing big. In my custom build I had 20" wheels, tonneau cover, side-steps, and no pano sunroof which this one has.

This models options are:

- 4X4 Laramie crew w/ 5'7" bed no etorque
- off road group
- bed utility group
- level 1
- 12" uconnect
- pano sunroof
- granite crystal
- 33gal tank
- bucket seats
- floor mats
[/QUOTE]
Here’s what my selling dealer has that is comparable but missing the ORG, the 33 and the 3.92...
Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Exterior Color: Maximum Steel
Interior Color: Black Leather
Stock #:200722
4WD
Detailed Pricing
MSRP $56,545
You Save-$10,821
Internet Price $45,724

Get Today's Price
Window Sticker
Value Your Trade
Get Pre-Approved Today
Schedule a Test Drive

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Got to think that high unemployment and a flood of trade-ins, cars coming off lease and rental companies dumping inventory is a perfect storm for that side of the auto business. Nothing happens the same way twice. With the Great Recession, it was a freeze on credit that hit car sales. This time credit may be OK, but many won't have jobs to go out and buy used or new cars.
Probably will cause a price depression, so the idea of waiting through May and into June sounds pretty good if you were wanting a new truck. I think that I would wait.

jbdan

Reaction score
Here’s what my selling dealer has that is comparable but missing the ORG, the 33 and the 3.92...
Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Exterior Color: Maximum Steel
Interior Color: Black Leather
Stock #:200722
4WD
Detailed Pricing
MSRP $56,545
You Save-$10,821
Internet Price $45,724

Get Today's Price's Price
Window Sticker
Value Your Trade
Get Pre-Approved Today
Schedule a Test Drive

Very similar pricing. Your dealer is also missing the bed utility group as well, but did add the 20" wheels. Internet price is $46,149 for the one I'm looking at. But I'm going with 0% 84 mos option so that changes things. I'm only looking at dealer discount as all incentives/rebates are not compatible with the 0% option. I think I can get 15% off MSRP (dealer discount ONLY/no rebates) and get the 0% which I feel like is a solid deal at this time. We'll see!

My only hesitations are the 550 miles on it and it's somewhat unicorn appearance...

Last edited:

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Probably will cause a price depression, so the idea of waiting through May and into June sounds pretty good if you were wanting a new truck. I think that I would wait.

My scenario seems logical but I've been wrong plenty of times before, but this is the sequence of events I think that are likely. Again, I'm tending to wait a few months or to ordering a 2021. Hopefully it won't cost me more money that way.

There is a possibly that car makers will try to match production with demand to stabilize sales, costs and profit, but I think demand will be below what manufactures expect/hope for and they will have to extend rebates and/or sweet financing deals to stimulate demand for them and their dealers later in the year. I'm thinking there will not be a "V" shaped financial/employment recovery. But again, I could be wrong...

rmcalhany

Reaction score
Just offered 18% off MSRP on a truck in a neighboring state (plus 0% finance deal - so no rebates). Their website is 7% off. We'll see if they laugh or bite.

Silver Black

Reaction score
Took possession of a 2020 Big Horn/silver/blacked/level II last week for $39,415 including TTL. MSRP $47,915.

Salesman said either 0% or discounts. I said 0% is not worth $7,250. After a long silence he said 0% and $2,250 in discounts. I said no thanks because I was 50% cash/finance and if I paid my entire loan the interest would only be $1,700.

Went to the dealership by "appointment" because the sales side was closed by order of the State. Went on a test drive by myself. Salesman said he was not allowed to enter the truck with me to show me features because of CV19. Was also told that the city had been issuing tickets to dealerships for selling cars, which is BS IMO.

Then the weirdest thing happened: Salesman went to finance and came back with numbers that were ~$600 lower than what he and I had discussed. Poor salesguy had to explain it to me more than once because I'm a pretty skeptical person. My only guess is that the dealership availed itself to some manufacturer benefit and I also received a benefit. No idea really but not going to complain. Dealership also threw in the rear inner wheel liners.

I think I got a decent deal and am loving the new wheels. Because the salesman couldn't show me what any of the buttons inside the cab do I'm now on an Easter egg hunt, using the owner's manual, to figure out how everything works.

First post and I'm not going to be doing an introduction thread. So, howdy :cool:

Edit: For pic. We're having breakup here in Alaska and she's already grimy after five days.

DSC00149.JPG

Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just offered 18% off MSRP on a truck in a neighboring state (plus 0% finance deal - so no rebates). Their website is 7% off. We'll see if they laugh or bite.

My guess is you don’t even receive a response with an offer that bold. I don’t think anyone is seeing a discount that deep as a dealer-only discount, not including rebates... unless they’re paying thousands in dealer adders/fees.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Well tomorrow I’m going to a local dealer to hopefully put in an order for a 2020 Limited 4X4. The build on the RAM website lists it at $71,950 MSRP. I’ve been talking to a lot of dealers since September 2019 searching their inventory for one built like I want and the colors. I found 6 at different dealers mostly out of state, but no dealer would budge on where I wanted my deal to be. Even the dealer I’m going to see tomorrow stated no to the deal I wanted. But I went up the chain past the front line salesman/saleswomen and got the Sales Mgr. to agree to my deal via email. He said the only way he would do it is if I finance with Chrysler. I’ve done my homework and I know my score so the rate needs to be close to what I know I can get. But no biggie as I can refinance later.

So.......what’s the deal you ask? It’s the same deal that Koons offers. He will match the 8% under Factory Wholesale Price (FWP) then I still get all the factory rebates at time of delivery which should be late June. So that’s $71,950-$11,189.52 off MSRP = $60,760.48 then I still get all the rebates I qualify for when it’s delivered. If the incentives are as good as last June (I hope), it could be another $10K off.

If I get there and he does not put it in writing very clearly and agree to these terms as we did via email, I will walk and then order from Koons CJDR. Craig at Koons has been nothing short of stellar when I have had email exchanges with him. I just want to try to do this local first. I will post update tomorrow.

MetalDog

Reaction score
Fully loaded Limited-Diesel with MSRP of 75K. Paid 62K.

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 61

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Took possession of a 2020 Big Horn/silver/blacked/level II last week for $39,415 including TTL. MSRP $47,915.

Salesman said either 0% or discounts. I said 0% is not worth $7,250. After a long silence he said 0% and $2,250 in discounts. I said no thanks because I was 50% cash/finance and if I paid my entire loan the interest would only be $1,700.

Went to the dealership by "appointment" because the sales side was closed by order of the State. Went on a test drive by myself. Salesman said he was not allowed to enter the truck with me to show me features because of CV19. Was also told that the city had been issuing tickets to dealerships for selling cars, which is BS IMO.

Then the weirdest thing happened: Salesman went to finance and came back with numbers that were ~$600 lower than what he and I had discussed. Poor salesguy had to explain it to me more than once because I'm a pretty skeptical person. My only guess is that the dealership availed itself to some manufacturer benefit and I also received a benefit. No idea really but not going to complain. Dealership also threw in the rear inner wheel liners.

I think I got a decent deal and am loving the new wheels. Because the salesman couldn't show me what any of the buttons inside the cab do I'm now on an Easter egg hunt, using the owner's manual, to figure out how everything works.

First post and I'm not going to be doing an introduction thread. So, howdy :cool:

Edit: For pic. We're having breakup here in Alaska and she's already grimy after five days.

View attachment 53389
Good purchase! Things like that lack of being able to show you options etc are really out of hand. Anyway, glad you got a new truck for below $40K. (It’s hard to believe I’m typing this, in 1979 I bought a new Chev 1/2T 4x4 stick 350 for $7749.).
Don’t forget to google “Bonus Drive” And see if you qualify for the $250 rebate check, it’s all done online, takes 6-8 weeks.

unc22x

Reaction score
I posted this before but for reference thought I’d post again for those of you currently in the market for a baseline to go off of. In early March I purchased a Gator Green Built-To-Serve Big Horn. These things are loaded for a Big Horn: 20” wheels, blacked out, LED lights, , upgraded seats, etc.

MSRP: $51,320
Purchase Price: $37,304
27.5% off of MSRP

Attachments

• 8A1CEC90-63BA-4759-8332-5AC487ED2022.jpeg
    8A1CEC90-63BA-4759-8332-5AC487ED2022.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 7EF5BB4F-266A-4618-AB6F-DD607833F9FB.jpeg
    7EF5BB4F-266A-4618-AB6F-DD607833F9FB.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 78
  • B2F0B87C-6FF1-4AE5-92D7-7BC21948BCA7.jpeg
    B2F0B87C-6FF1-4AE5-92D7-7BC21948BCA7.jpeg