5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s very close to the deal I got in June.

69,040 MSRP on my Limited and paid 50,439 plus tax. Rebates were considerably higher then.

You paid 27% OFF MSRP? Sorry, but I would love to see a redacted buyers order on this truck. No discounts and rebates that I am aware of will even get you close to $50K from an MSRP of $69K unless your dealer was on drugs and messed up your paperwork big time!

Wil P's discounts only added up to $57,700 so not sure where he got the other discounts (as you pointed out) to where he said he got his truck for $54,203. He received Military & USAA and also received $500 more in rebates over the $3000 then I did so his price sounds far more reasonable based on the true math from his numbers.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So in working with some larger dealerships it seems that 11-12% off MSRP for 2020 ordered models is the best it gets before any rebates?

Just making sure that is the norm right now.

Thanks!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
There are two hundred plus pages of useless info. Rebates are rebates, you get them or you don't, period. The price BEFORE rebates is the price " Negotiated " be it from MSRP down, invoice up, or whatever. Rebates skew everything, as they are different for everyone and are NOT negotiated.

I would disagree in the rebates. I would have gotten my truck for 35.4 if they would have given me the 1000 rebate for being a non FCA owner. But they b.s.d me because I brought a copy of the registration. They were saying they needed the original I said you’re taking a copy not keeping it. Either way they bsd me and didn’t give me the rebate. They knew I drove 3 hours to get there. So no i disagree you may qualify but they can screw you on a rebate. I probably should have killed the deal at that time but after 4 hours of bs at the dealership and the 3 hour drive I called it. Still a great price but dealerships can be a bunch of **** suckers. If I ever see the sales manager again I will be sure to smack him around a bit and get my 1k out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ppowell1983

Reaction score
You paid 27% OFF MSRP? Sorry, but I would love to see a redacted buyers order on this truck. No discounts and rebates that I am aware of will even get you close to $50K from an MSRP of $69K unless your dealer was on drugs and messed up your paperwork big time!

Wil P's discounts only added up to $57,700 so not sure where he got the other discounts (as you pointed out) to where he said he got his truck for $54,203. He received Military & USAA and also received $500 more in rebates over the $3000 then I did so his price sounds far more reasonable based on the true math from his numbers.

The bottom line price was $50,739 then I got the $250 bonus drive cash so I made a mistake, the price was $50,489.

The redacted buyers order is below.

f13aa600621a2bebb6445db7d4cf21db.jpg

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
waiting to see if Wil P hits you with the ‘truly a idiot’ remark or if that was just for us gals.

This thread has long been corrupted with nonsense, people comparing OTD numbers from different times of the year, location, trim levels.

And people still posting about June deals every week it seems. It’s over folks. It’s over.

csulto

Reaction score
waiting to see if Wil P hits you with the ‘truly a idiot’ remark or if that was just for us gals.

This thread has long been corrupted with nonsense, people comparing OTD numbers from different times of the year, location, trim levels.

And people still posting about June deals every week it seems. It’s over folks. It’s over.

So, it seems that the walls I am hitting on the Rebels are normal for now as June was the month that can not be touched.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes - I believe this is accurate

So other than this it appears on the incentives website for 2020 models in my zip code (South Carolina) basically $1500 customer cash if using Chrysler Capital for Big Horn, $2000 for Laramie, $500 x 2 (Chrysler Capital and Retail Bonus Cash) for Rebel, Longhorn, and Limited. Am I missing anything else on the incentives for 2020 models?

Thanks!

drstein

Reaction score
I would disagree in the rebates. I would have gotten my truck for 35.4 if they would have given me the 1000 rebate for being a non FCA owner. But they b.s.d me because I brought a copy of the registration. They were saying they needed the original I said you’re taking a copy not keeping it. Either way they bsd me and didn’t give me the rebate. They knew I drove 3 hours to get there. So no i disagree you may qualify but they can screw you on a rebate. I probably should have killed the deal at that time but after 4 hours of bs at the dealership and the 3 hour drive I called it. Still a great price but dealerships can be a bunch of **** suckers. If I ever see the sales manager again I will be sure to smack him around a bit and get my 1k out of him.

Rebates are through the manufacturer, not the dealer. The dealer at times may have to contribute but it behooves the dealer to apply every rebate you qualify for. Manufactuerers control rebates.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Rebates are through the manufacturer, not the dealer. The dealer at times may have to contribute but it behooves the dealer to apply every rebate you qualify for. Manufactuerers control rebates.

Exactly. It is to their benefit to utilize it. Why the guy was being a **** is beyond me. I’m guessing it’s because they were trying to low ball me on the trade and they had to squeeze out what they lost on the other end. My guess is they submitted the copy and got a double whammy. Unethical perhaps beyond but within the shadiness of dealers.

MudSticker19

Reaction score
2019 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
air suspension
tech 2 package but with 8.4" instead of 12"
panoramic
Ram Boxes
Spray in bed liner
Tonneau cover
bed extender
3.92 axle
anti-spin
just to name a few.
MSRP - $65,xxx
paid - $45, 6xx
with 7yr warranty/gap coverage/etc.. $50k out the door.

Chavez98

Reaction score
2019 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
air suspension
tech 2 package but with 8.4" instead of 12"
panoramic
Ram Boxes
Spray in bed liner
Tonneau cover
bed extender
3.92 axle
anti-spin
just to name a few.
MSRP - $65,xxx
paid - $45, 6xx
with 7yr warranty/gap coverage/etc.. $50k out the door.
Was this a recent purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread