5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

drstein

Reaction score
Yes. At least wait till the end (this weekend). If they smell that you are emotionally invested, you've lost already. Also, I dont believe that the dealer info I sent you piled on factory incentives and discounts like some others do. The “$500 off for AAA member Realtors who have Farm Bureau insurance” type sheet that is so often seen listed.

Incentive ( s ) INCLUDED in pricing ( Do you work for them ??)

[UPDATED 08/01/2019] Internet pricing includes the following incentives:
  • Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing and you must finance with Chrysler Capital in order to receive this bonus cash. Incentive of $2000 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Ram 1500 DS Quad cab Trucks. Incentive of $1750 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Incentive of $1000 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2019 Dodge Journey, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee(exclude SRT), 2019 Ram 1500 DS Regular and Crew cab Trucks and 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn DT Model Trucks. Incentive of $500 is included in our Internet Pricing on all 2019 Ram 1500 DT trucks(exclude Crew Big Horn), 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan, and 2019 Jeep Renegade. Call 888-784-1526 to confirm if you qualify.
  • Conquest Bonus Cash (must own non-FCA vehicle) - Incentive of up to $1000 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Ram 1500 DT Trucks. Incentive of $750 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New Ram Promasters. Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on all New Chrysler Pacifica. Call to confirm if you qualify or stop by for more details.
  • Business or Up-fit Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on New Ram Cab & Chassis Trucks, New Ram Promasters and Ram Promasters City. Call to confirm if you qualify.
  • Sub-Prime Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on new Jeep Renegades and New Dodge Journey's. You must have credit score of 620 or below to receive this bonus cash. Call to confirm if you qualify.
  • Up-fit Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on new Ram Cab & Chassis Trucks. Call to confirm if you qualify.
  • Regional Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on new Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab Trucks. Call to confirm if you qualify.

"

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ I'll add one more that a dealer mentioned which was small business owner which qualifies you for a free upfit (bedliner/cover/etc).

NYNJ8

Reaction score
Been following this thread waiting patiently for the right deal on a '19 Bighorn Crew 4x4. Level 2 Equipment is a must, everything else is frosting. I'm paying cash/certified check with no trade in. This is just a leisure vehicle so timing of the purchase makes no difference to me. I can buy today, tomorrow, December, or not at all...I'm willing to buy dealer pre-owned with ~10k miles. What do you guys think would be a good expectation price expectation? I see such vehicles advertised in NY Metro area between $34K and $40K.

FYI - I'm looking preowned because the purchase is limited to the amount of cash I have ~$35K OTD MAX.

john94si

Reaction score
So the dealer who told me to pound sand yesterday is begging me to come back and are honoring my offer i gave them.. but i went to another and got my offer after 1 hour of negotiation..
I am supposed to pick up tomorrow.. we will see i am letting the other dealer sweat.. they keep emailing me today

csulto

Reaction score
So I am still hunting for a Rebel. I found a nice one in Las Vegas and the "advertised" price is about $38K for an MSRP of $50K BUT when you get to details there are the "fees." GPS, Nitrogen (you know we breathe 80% nitrogen in the atmosphere anyway), wheel locks and more crap to total $3000!! As soon as I say, "no thanks but I'll take it without those items and I will come in today" it's "we can't do that." That has been the case for nine dealers and counting. The rebates are also riddled in black magic as my qualifications seem to vary depending upon the weather.
It would be really nice to find a dealer in the southwest who want's to sell Rebels instead of keep them as museum pieces.

NYNJ8

Reaction score
So the dealer who told me to pound sand yesterday is begging me to come back and are honoring my offer i gave them.. but i went to another and got my offer after 1 hour of negotiation..
I am supposed to pick up tomorrow.. we will see i am letting the other dealer sweat.. they keep emailing me today

Thats a nice outcome. Congrats. I spoke to a dealer last weekend who offered me a new truck MSRP $52K for $42K. I didn't bother countering and told him that wasn't quite good enough. He looked around to make sure no one was listening and said basically "I know what you're looking for, I'll get you something at the end of the month when we need to make our numbers."

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am still hunting for a Rebel. I found a nice one in Las Vegas and the "advertised" price is about $38K for an MSRP of $50K BUT when you get to details there are the "fees." GPS, Nitrogen (you know we breathe 80% nitrogen in the atmosphere anyway), wheel locks and more crap to total $3000!! As soon as I say, "no thanks but I'll take it without those items and I will come in today" it's "we can't do that." That has been the case for nine dealers and counting. The rebates are also riddled in black magic as my qualifications seem to vary depending upon the weather.
It would be really nice to find a dealer in the southwest who want's to sell Rebels instead of keep them as museum pieces.

Rebels are one of the harder ones to buy, they don’t typically get much direct rebate. The only real way to extra money off is to wait for the extra crew cab cash, or competing trade in cash (if applicable), or hope for some kind of big sales event that will actually apply to them.

The good news is that since they aren’t really rebated new, they hold their value slightly better than some models.

Nowatruckguy

Reaction score
What yall think about this deal:

Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab
Premium LED
Level 2 Equipment Group
3.92 Rear Axle
Anti Spin
Panoramic Sunroof
33 gal fuel tank
20.0 inch x 9.0 Alum Chrome Wheels
Trailer Brake Control

MRSP: $53,990
Managed to get down to $ 37,355 + ttl

That's a crazy good deal! Extremely impressive.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Incentive ( s ) INCLUDED in pricing ( Do you work for them ??)

[UPDATED 08/01/2019] Internet pricing includes the following incentives:
  • Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing and you must finance with Chrysler Capital in order to receive this bonus cash. Incentive of $2000 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Ram 1500 DS Quad cab Trucks. Incentive of $1750 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Incentive of $1000 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, 2019 Dodge Journey, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee(exclude SRT), 2019 Ram 1500 DS Regular and Crew cab Trucks and 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn DT Model Trucks. Incentive of $500 is included in our Internet Pricing on all 2019 Ram 1500 DT trucks(exclude Crew Big Horn), 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan, and 2019 Jeep Renegade. Call 888-784-1526 to confirm if you qualify.
  • Conquest Bonus Cash (must own non-FCA vehicle) - Incentive of up to $1000 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New 2019 Ram 1500 DT Trucks. Incentive of $750 is included in our Internet Pricing on all New Ram Promasters. Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on all New Chrysler Pacifica. Call to confirm if you qualify or stop by for more details.
  • Business or Up-fit Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on New Ram Cab & Chassis Trucks, New Ram Promasters and Ram Promasters City. Call to confirm if you qualify.
  • Sub-Prime Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on new Jeep Renegades and New Dodge Journey's. You must have credit score of 620 or below to receive this bonus cash. Call to confirm if you qualify.
  • Up-fit Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on new Ram Cab & Chassis Trucks. Call to confirm if you qualify.
  • Regional Bonus Cash - Incentive is included in our Internet Pricing on new Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab Trucks. Call to confirm if you qualify.

"
Ha ha, thats funny. I only went there after getting p*ssed off at a forum sponsor in DC who jerked me around a couple days earlier. So I saved the 12 hour drive and paid a couple thousand more locally. My wife ( her new truck) loathes car sales/purchases so if she doesnt like a salesperson, we walk. Wish I had worked for them, maybe Id have known to wait till June, ha ha...

PedalMonk

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2020 Rebel last night.

MSRP - 61230
negotiated - 49000
Discount percentage - 19.975%
Trade-In - 5200
Cash 20000
Tax/License/Reg/Doc/Fees - 5450~
7 year / 100,000 Platinum warranty - 4000

Financing 33214.41 @ 4.3% for 84 months
Payment - 460

FYI, It was very difficult to get this negotiated price. It took hours of haggling and me walking out like 6 times for it to happen. I think the key was, I went at the end of the month, it was a bad sales day for them, they weren't hitting their numbers, I kept my cool and remained respectful and nice. I was willing to walk away.

At the end of the day, I caved a little as I wanted 7K for my trade-in, so if you include that $1800 difference, the discounted price was 17.03%

Hope this helps someone else.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2019 Limited a few hours ago - opted for a 36/15 lease but MSRP was ~$68k (level 1 package, off-road group, pano roof, trailer brake controller, ram box & bed utility group) and negotiated them to $61k (~$1k below invoice) plus another $8k in rebates/discounts the dealer threw in (that I may or may not have qualified for - every question they asked re: affiliates or anything related I answered "no") for an adjusted cap cost of $53-$54k; roughly 20-21% off MSRP. I felt comfortable enough with that deal to sign the dotted line and the dealership experience was great and hassle free.

Last edited:

Micko24

Reaction score
That sounds like a great deal, which dealership you get it from, my local dealership salesperson laughed at me when I asked for 15k off...

wangstarr03

Reaction score
That sounds like a great deal, which dealership you get it from, my local dealership salesperson laughed at me when I asked for 15k off...

This was Fred Frederick CJDR in Laurel, Maryland. They’re a smaller dealership and this truck had been on their lot for a while but the slesperson and finance guy were great to work with.

drstein

Reaction score

The price was just over 10% off, then rebates. Rebates you qualify for or you don't no negotiating. There was apprx 1k left in the holdback, and any other backend monies, if any, the public is not privy too.

john94si

Reaction score
Got my 2019 finally.
Laramie level 1
$52600 sticker
neg $39400
then i brought in 2014 to trade wanted $18k they offered $15.. after 1 hour i got my $18k

Then i brought in employee code.. they removed dealer fees and all other fees.. saved another $1200.. so i bought the 8 year warranty.

Old black out to new...

Attachments

• 2018-12-09 15.22.14.jpg
    2018-12-09 15.22.14.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 2019-09-28 11.21.11.jpg
    2019-09-28 11.21.11.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 2019-09-28 11.22.26.jpg
    2019-09-28 11.22.26.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread