5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Vettnman

Reaction score
Little late and I dont currently have the before tax quote. It was in the 47k range. 2019 Ram Laramie with level 2, leather, 4wd, 360 cam, 12" screen black diamond, etc. $62500 msrp, paid 51k otd after taxes and all fees. Had it at 50k otd but they would give credit for an old Chevy on my yard but not currently registered.

Attachments

• 20190916_195853.jpg
    20190916_195853.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 79

Vettnman

Reaction score
Oh and it was bought in cary NC a week ago. Also came with spray in bedliner, 3.92. Running boards,

john94si

Reaction score
Florida
2019 laramie crew cab 5.7 level 1
sticker $52k negotiated price $40300.
they have 2 one white and one black..

now time to bring in my trade to see if i can close the deal or wait a few months for a 2020

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Florida

now time to bring in my trade to see if i can close the deal or wait a few months for a 2020
Decent (?) discount on a 19’ as long as its a late build. Otherwise the 20’s can be had for close to that and aren't already a year old.
You dont even have to wait a few months.

Long ways back in this thread there was talk of a very good Fl dealer, youd have to scroll back a few months to find it. Start somewhere around June posts maybe.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you want a quick and realistic idea of what your trade is truly worth, go to any CarMax or just go onto Carvana's website...enter your details and you will get an immediate quote for what they will buy your car for. I did that on every trade so I know what I can get and use that to negotiate the trade at the dealership. I just used Carvana back in August to get a number for my Acura trade. Easy and very accurate. Just an idea for you!

Roddog2220

Reaction score
If you want a quick and realistic idea of what your trade is truly worth, go to any CarMax or just go onto Carvana's website...enter your details and you will get an immediate quote for what they will buy your car for. I did that on every trade so I know what I can get and use that to negotiate the trade at the dealership. I just used Carvana back in August to get a number for my Acura trade. Easy and very accurate. Just an idea for you!

give me the vin is good as well, they actually say they will pay a little more than carmax bc they know carmax has its system down really well

john94si

Reaction score
givemethevin lowballed me so badly... carvana is almost there.. the dealer told me to pound sand.. evenm after i applied to chrysler and was approved no problem with over 740 score..

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
givemethevin lowballed me so badly... carvana is almost there.. the dealer told me to pound sand.. evenm after i applied to chrysler and was approved no problem with over 740 score..
well John I'd say that you can tell the dealer to pound sand. It's not like people are lined up to get the 19's at that price... You can get 20's for what you were quoted.
Here's 4 at my dealership an hour away from me (2019 4x2 with level 1):
The 20's were at $47K for the same thing except they had 4x4. Thats before discounts.

john94si

Reaction score
The last one is exactly what i want.. its sticker $52 k and selling for $40k but i want $18 on my trade.. i will reach out to that dealer and see.. its not that bad a drive.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Lonestar 4x4
Sticker - $50,315
Dealer Discount - $6000
USAA member credit - $1000
Rebates - $3750
Trade (2015 Silverado) - $24500
Down - $3500
Financed - $13500 (and change) after taxes and fees
Made them throw in all weather mats
They added $2750 in dealer add-ons like paint protection which i was able to get them to remove.

drstein

Reaction score
well John I'd say that you can tell the dealer to pound sand. It's not like people are lined up to get the 19's at that price... You can get 20's for what you were quoted.
Here's 4 at my dealership an hour away from me (2019 4x2 with level 1):
The 20's were at $47K for the same thing except they had 4x4. Thats before discounts.

Before "Discounts" ?? They DO figure incentives into that pricing, whether you qualify is another story.

" Pricing reflects discounts available to consumer's in the Southeast Business Center. Prices are subject to change without notice. INCENTIVES MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. NOT EVERYONE MAY QUALIFY FOR INCENTIVES, CALL TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. Incentives cannot be honored past the expiration dates listed below or in the Specials page. "

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Florida

I would wait for 2020. Can you see all the options. Go to the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
i hate dealers that are .icks mid month then call you begging you at the end to make a deal
Yes. At least wait till the end (this weekend). If they smell that you are emotionally invested, you've lost already. Also, I dont believe that the dealer info I sent you piled on factory incentives and discounts like some others do. The “$500 off for AAA member Realtors who have Farm Bureau insurance” type sheet that is so often seen listed.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Yes. At least wait till the end (this weekend). If they smell that you are emotionally invested, you've lost already. Also, I dont believe that the dealer info I sent you piled on factory incentives and discounts like some others do. The “$500 off for AAA member Realtors who have Farm Bureau insurance” type sheet that is so often seen listed.

yes never get emotional lol, i trade so often I let them know its just another day at the office for me, some dealers say f off and the others who need to meet certain goals by months in will cave and lose money, on mine i know I got about 15k under sticker, they gave me a few thousand more on my trade than even carmax and on the day of the deal I let them know I was a NAR member and got the extra 500 rebate as well, they maybe didnt lose money on my deal but they didnt make much but I know they were trying to meet some type of goal, other dealers who arent in that position wont give in like that

Users who are viewing this thread