5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Apexcars

Reaction score
Looking at a 2020 Longhorn with a sticker of $69585. I would be ordering it so I will get whatever incentives are available at delivery. Best deal I've been able to get so far is $63,000 plus TTL. Does this sound like a good deal for a 2020?

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Looking at a 2020 Longhorn with a sticker of $69585. I would be ordering it so I will get whatever incentives are available at delivery. Best deal I've been able to get so far is $63,000 plus TTL. Does this sound like a good deal for a 2020?

This is my quote on a 2020 Limited with a MSRP close to yours of $69,950 without any rebates figured in yet. This same dealer has since upped his offer another 1% for a total of 8% off plus rebates! So far this dealer is by far the best offer and a lot of people on here have bought from them. They advertise on this site all the time. Look to the right side of the screen and you will see their ad, Koons in Washington DC.

Attachments

• 861ECE38-9ED1-4271-AD73-CB2FB585F57C.png
    861ECE38-9ED1-4271-AD73-CB2FB585F57C.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 444AC96F-B2AC-4838-9877-1413C052F6F7.png
    444AC96F-B2AC-4838-9877-1413C052F6F7.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 171

Apexcars

Reaction score
Well, Texas is a long ways from DC. If I’m doing my math right I’m already at 9.5% off on the offer I have and I have a dealer that is telling me that they can beat it by a few hundred. I need to see what the various dealers will give me for my trade though.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Just noticed that he is 8% off invoice not MSRP.

Correct. Then take off your rebates from that number.
Any dealer can obviously match if they want to since all dealers pay the same price for the trucks. But........some will deal and others wait for that person to walk in and ask for a few thousand off and think they’re getting a deal, rather working with the few of us around the country on these threads. I’m in the Atlanta metro area and these guys think they are the only dealers I can shop at. It’s very frustrating!!!

Roddog2220

Reaction score
One thing i was worried about ram was resale, sticker on mine was 62k, i paid 48 and now with 11,500 miles was offered 35 for the trade! Ouch

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One thing i was worried about ram was resale, sticker on mine was 62k, i paid 48 and now with 11,500 miles was offered 35 for the trade! Ouch

You are talking about a dealer who has no interest is paying you top retail dollar for your truck while selling you a new one at huge rebates.

The street value is going to be quite different than a dealer who needs to make money on that deal.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
You are talking about a dealer who has no interest is paying you top retail dollar for your truck while selling you a new one at huge rebates.

The street value is going to be quite different than a dealer who needs to make money on that deal.

of course, but ill eventually get around 42 when the time is right, i buy a new truck about every other year or so around the end of october and I always get what i want, this was a ford dealer anyways, i was looking at a raptors which now i know are totally overrated

SD Rebel

Reaction score
of course, but ill eventually get around 42 when the time is right, i buy a new truck about every other year or so around the end of october and I always get what i want, this was a ford dealer anyways, i was looking at a raptors which now i know are totally overrated

I'm about every 3-4 years, luckily trucks do have solid resale, probably because a lot of the value is based off original MSRP. I got such a great deal on my RAM, that my insurance told me I didn't need GAP insurance. My truck was worth more than what I currently owed, that was with zero down by the way. It will balance out a bit in the next few years, but I always end up in the black on my 2nd to 3rd year.

I don't think the Raptor is overrrated, but unless you are running out in the west in the open desert, you really can't get the best out of them, normal everyday driving they aren't that special. My FCA dealership's master diesel truck mechanic has a current Raptor and loves it. But he is a desert rat.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
For anyone in the NC area, the dealer I bought from (Kernersville) has the 2020 blacked out Limited for the same online discount ($11K) as I got for my 19' back in April. Thats not bad considering the 20 is so new and my 19' was what, 8 months into production? No doubt a buyer could further reduce this price.

2020 Ram 1500 Limited Truck Crew Cab
Engine:5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque EngineTransmission:AutomaticMPG Range:17/22Exterior Color:Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat Interior Color:Black Leather Stock #:200144Drive Line:4WD

drstein

Reaction score
For anyone in the NC area, the dealer I bought from (Kernersville) has the 2020 blacked out Limited for the same online discount ($11K) as I got for my 19' back in April. Thats not bad considering the 20 is so new and my 19' was what, 8 months into production? No doubt a buyer could further reduce this price.

2020 Ram 1500 Limited Truck Crew Cab
Engine:5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque EngineTransmission:AutomaticMPG Range:17/22Exterior Color:Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat Interior Color:Black Leather Stock #:200144Drive Line:4WD
[/QUOTE

"[UPDATED 08/01/2019] Internet pricing includes the following incentives: "

Most are for '19 model year.....

drstein

Reaction score

Incentives show "19 model year.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score

Incentives show "19 model year.
good catch, of course while incentives always vary and are usually not stacking, dealer discounts can be all over the map. This was just to show prospective buyers that just because a vehicle is brand new stock, it doesn't have to be close to MSRP.

"I have no affiliation with Kernersville other than being a customer who paid too much in April. If they would like to thank me for making their 2nd quarter bottom line better, they could start by trading straight across for a 20' with level 1 and the new tailgate."

csulto

Reaction score
I have a Durango and have been a Chevy truck guy forever but I like the new Rams (especially the Rebel) so I am trying to get one. I have read these posts but right now I can not seem to get a good deal anywhere here in the south west. I have two friends who easily picked up 4x4 Hemi Laramies for (verified) $38000 (pre tax/reg.) in the last couple of months. I a looking for a similar deal/discount.

I have failed to get a decent price via email in a 300 mile radius. I even went in person to one dealer but no deal. They all have great "advertised" pricing but the real deal with rebates, that I qualify for, don't make it a great deal. I am getting offers of 10% off MSRP or so, but that is all. Most try the nitrogen air and gps security game add on too -- not paying that. I am not a first time buyer and have never been shutdown like this before, but either the Rebels are not discounted much or I really lost my touch to negotiate. I am offering to come in with a check but they are not interested and some do not even counter. Maybe by year end things will improve.

Has anyone in the south west had success getting a Rebel for a great price?

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I have a Durango and have been a Chevy truck guy forever but I like the new Rams (especially the Rebel) so I am trying to get one. I have read these posts but right now I can not seem to get a good deal anywhere here in the south west. I have two friends who easily picked up 4x4 Hemi Laramies for (verified) $38000 (pre tax/reg.) in the last couple of months. I a looking for a similar deal/discount.

I have failed to get a decent price via email in a 300 mile radius. I even went in person to one dealer but no deal. They all have great "advertised" pricing but the real deal with rebates, that I qualify for, don't make it a great deal. I am getting offers of 10% off MSRP or so, but that is all. Most try the nitrogen air and gps security game add on too -- not paying that. I am not a first time buyer and have never been shutdown like this before, but either the Rebels are not discounted much or I really lost my touch to negotiate. I am offering to come in with a check but they are not interested and some do not even counter. Maybe by year end things will improve.

I think right now you have two things going against you. You are close to the end of the year when you will get the best deal and ram 1500 is selling like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got 18% off MSRP...bought my loaded Limited 4X4 mid-February 2019...MSRP was just over $69K...paid $58,600

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Vernon Auto Group, Vernon Texas

2019 Limited MSRP $71,203
Rebate $3500 [chrysler]
Dealer discount $8000
Other rebates
Military $500
Non Chrysler owner $500
USAA certificate $1000

Final price after negotiations......... $54,203

That’s very close to the deal I got in June.

Although the numbers don’t add up. I think you forgot to add in an additional discount or something.

69,040 MSRP on my Limited and paid 50,439 plus tax. Rebates were considerably higher then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you in the south west? Also, was the $58,600 before or after tax and registration?
I am in North Florida. As far as before tax and registration...everyone on this forum should ONLY be talking price BEFORE tax, title, tags otherwise the info is useless as this varies greatly from county to county across the US.

Roddog2220

Reaction score

i have not seen a rebel move at 20 percent off msrp like the others

Users who are viewing this thread