5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Pahey345

Reaction score
That would be 18k off msrp. Havent heard of any deals like that since june. This one is 13k. Also, I asked a guy I trust involved in Chrysler sales and he said there likely wouldnt be any huge discounts because they had done such a good job of selling trucks. I'm a little skeptical....
I purchased in late June. That discount probably won’t come around again unless you live in Texas or waiting till the end of the year and buying in late December.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Purchased my 2019 Ram Rebel in Washington one month ago. Purcashed several vehicles from the Washington dealer in the past and thought they were fair. Was unaware of this forum and specifically this thread when I purchased the Ram Rebel. I purchased a new Dodge Charger 392 Scat Pack when I saw and really liked the Rebel. So I traded in my 2018 GMC 6.2L 1500 Sierra Denali on the Rebel that same day. Gave me a very good trade in price on the GMC. Gave me a trade in price of $1,500 under what I paid for the GMC new 1 year earlier. So happy with trade in offer. Now my reason for this post. I was given a dealer discount of $5,500 off MSRP for the Rebel plus $2,500 in rebates. $2,000 consumer cash and $500 bonus cash. Other rebate option was 0% financing. Took cash rebates. I also had an additional $1,000 rebate for being a USAA member. So $3,500 in rebates in total. There was also possibility on an additional $1,000 rebate if I had received a FCA coupon for being the owner of or trading in a non FCA vehicle (my 2018 GMC). I was told by the sales manager that because I used the USAA rebate I could not use the FCA $1,000 nonFCA vehicle rebate. So ended up with $3,500 in rebates rather than $4,500. Two days ago I had a person who works for the dealership call me and tell me I needed to forward them a copy of my GMC Sierra registration so they could finish processing the $1,000 FCA conquest rebate for trading in a non FCA vehicle. Took me by surprise as I was told by the service manager I did not qualify for other rebates because my USAA rebate cancelled them out. Dealership person told me they needed to get my vehicle registration because the person who processed my paperwork no longer worked for the dealership and they needed to recreate the rebates paperwork. Sounds very suspect to me that they are trying to take advantage of an additional $1,000 in rebate money that they told me I did not qualify for and that I did not receive as part of the purchase. Your thoughts before I respond back to the dealership about my vehicle registration?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Purchased my 2019 Ram Rebel in Washington one month ago. Purcashed several vehicles from the Washington dealer in the past and thought they were fair. Was unaware of this forum and specifically this thread when I purchased the Ram Rebel. I purchased a new Dodge Charger 392 Scat Pack when I saw and really liked the Rebel. So I traded in my 2018 GMC 6.2L 1500 Sierra Denali on the Rebel that same day. Gave me a very good trade in price on the GMC. Gave me a trade in price of $1,500 under what I paid for the GMC new 1 year earlier. So happy with trade in offer. Now my reason for this post. I was given a dealer discount of $5,500 off MSRP for the Rebel plus $2,500 in rebates. $2,000 consumer cash and $500 bonus cash. Other rebate option was 0% financing. Took cash rebates. I also had an additional $1,000 rebate for being a USAA member. So $3,500 in rebates in total. There was also possibility on an additional $1,000 rebate if I had received a FCA coupon for being the owner of or trading in a non FCA vehicle (my 2018 GMC). I was told by the sales manager that because I used the USAA rebate I could not use the FCA $1,000 nonFCA vehicle rebate. So ended up with $3,500 in rebates rather than $4,500. Two days ago I had a person who works for the dealership call me and tell me I needed to forward them a copy of my GMC Sierra registration so they could finish processing the $1,000 FCA conquest rebate for trading in a non FCA vehicle. Took me by surprise as I was told by the service manager I did not qualify for other rebates because my USAA rebate cancelled them out. Dealership person told me they needed to get my vehicle registration because the person who processed my paperwork no longer worked for the dealership and they needed to recreate the rebates paperwork. Sounds very suspect to me that they are trying to take advantage of an additional $1,000 in rebate money that they told me I did not qualify for and that I did not receive as part of the purchase. Your thoughts before I respond back to the dealership about my vehicle registration?

Shouldn't they already have your registration as they have your trade in, I know up here in Canada they photocopy it a few times for the sale then take part of the original to transfer your plates or register or new plates.
I would think there should be paperwork(paper copies) somewhere around the dealership, I just can't see them disappearing.

Sullyman

Reaction score
That’s what I told him. They were provided a copy of my registration and the notarized title. Again my surprise is they have requested I send them a copy of my registration for a rebate I was told I could not use and did not receive. Yet it sounds like the dealership applied for it. Any one ever have a similar issue like this?

mrchoung

Reaction score
Is it me or are southern california dealerships not keen to flexing on discounts? For 4x4 Laramie Sport Packages, they won't budge more than 8.5% off MSRP of ~$56,658 before rebates... I've had luck at 10% but that one had an MSRP of $64,000.

burnboy

Reaction score
First post:
Is this as good of a deal as I think it is?
2019 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab Hemi 4x4 Total sticker price with all add-ons is $47170.
I have them down to $31,260.
TTL and fees takes it to $34483

Thoughts?

jastevenson

Reaction score
First post:
Is this as good of a deal as I think it is?
2019 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab Hemi 4x4 Total sticker price with all add-ons is $47170.
I have them down to $31,260.
TTL and fees takes it to $34483

Thoughts?

Depends. If it’s a clean deal, yes. If they’re screwing you on your trade or making you pay thousands for garbage add ons, no.

RangerZ

Reaction score
Your deal is about exactly the same as mine was. I also traded a 2018 Sierra 6.2 but it was a SLT. I ended up with dealer taking off $5500 and then $3500 in rebates also. I did get the competing truck brand and also one for owning a business. I’m not sure if you were supposed to get the competing brand rebate but I’m thinking you prob should have. I had bought a ram pro master city the week before I bought the rebel. A week later I get a postcard from something called “bonus drive” that says i could get “up to $500” because I’m a nationwide customer and they’re enrolled in the program. I didn’t get $500 but I did get $250 for each the promaster and rebel. You can ask the dealer how they plan on giving you the rebate since you closed your deal already. Ask them if you’ll be getting a check in the mail. I just checked on the bonus drive program and it doesn’t list what organization are enrolled but it does says “certain banks,credit unions,employers and insurance companies. You can goggle “bonus drive” and then you see if your eligible. If you’re a AAA member that would qualify you also

Last edited:

burnboy

Reaction score
Thanks!
Thats the price without a trade in, only stipulation is I finance with them.

Thanks I will check on the Bonus drive. I was able to get them to stack the trucar truoffer $500 coupon. I wonder if this stacks with that.

RangerZ

Reaction score
Burnboy the bonus drive says not all dealers are aware of the program but it doesn’t matter you can file for it yourself and they send you a check so shouldn’t have anything to do with any other rebates

burnboy

Reaction score
Burnboy the bonus drive says not all dealers are aware of the program but it doesn’t matter you can file for it yourself and they send you a check so shouldn’t have anything to do with any other rebates
Thanks! you're awesome! But looks like my zip code doesn't qualify for it.

Sullyman

Reaction score
Ranger z. Thanks for your input. I am waiting for the dealership person to call me back. If I don’t hear back from him I will be giving the sales manager a call (whom I personally know and negotiated the deal with) to get to the bottom of this Conquest Rebate situation.

RJS

Reaction score
Thanks! you're awesome! But looks like my zip code doesn't qualify for it.
Apply for the money using Allstate as the insurance company. I initially used AAA and got the same message as you did. I used Allstate and it allowed me to apply. I applied, used my AAA insurance as proof that we owned a competing brand and got approvals from all parties and said to expect my check in 8-10 weeks.

OtterRam

Reaction score
Thanks!
Thats the price without a trade in, only stipulation is I finance with them.

Thanks I will check on the Bonus drive. I was able to get them to stack the trucar truoffer $500 coupon. I wonder if this stacks with that.
If it's the truck you want and low interest rate that seems like a good deal. A family member of mine recieved a similar discount on his crew cab back in July and he was happy with the discount after lots of legwork/ research.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

20thandhampton

Reaction score
Been negotiating a RAM for a couple of weeks now. This is becoming a pain. But so far I got:

2019 Laramie, Level 1 pkg, 12" Screen, 20" Wheels, Leather bench seat MSRP $54,600
Got $5250 in rebates
Got them down with discounts and rebates to $41800 before TTL

That is before just receiving the TrueCar $500 rebate over email. I'm fighting with them about the Truck Conquest Rebate for $1000 - Have a Chevy Suburban, they are saying it's not a truck. But the Suburban is built on a truck frame and the dealership I bought it from registered it as truck and have truck plates on it. I'm also a Sam's Club member so trying to figure out how to attach that rebate for $500.

How do you or what is the code for small business to get a rebate?

Lastly - I got preapproved on Chryslers website but no one can tell me what the interest rate is? So this is kinda pissing me off as to why it's so difficult for anyone to tell me. The dealership is trying to get me to submit another credit app I'm like for what???

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The last part is so they can get credit for the loan. The get kickbacks for financing customers through Chrysler.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Ok. Went back to look at my deal. The MSRP as listed was $46,440. Then total cost of truck was $50,525 from the window sticker.

I negotiated $36,400. The discount on MSRP was 21.62% and discount on total price was of 27.96%. This was before taxes and licensing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jastevenson

Reaction score
Been negotiating a RAM for a couple of weeks now. This is becoming a pain. But so far I got:

2019 Laramie, Level 1 pkg, 12" Screen, 20" Wheels, Leather bench seat MSRP $54,600
Got $5250 in rebates

That is before just receiving the TrueCar $500 rebate over email. I'm fighting with them about the Truck Conquest Rebate for $1000 - Have a Chevy Suburban, they are saying it's not a truck. But the Suburban is built on a truck frame and the dealership I bought it from registered it as truck and have truck plates on it. I'm also a Sam's Club member so trying to figure out how to attach that rebate for $500.

Lastly - I got preapproved on Chryslers website but no one can tell me what the interest rate is? So this is kinda pissing me off as to why it's so difficult for anyone to tell me. The dealership is trying to get me to submit another credit app I'm like for what???

Solid deal. Am looking for a Longhorn for at least 20 percent off. What state is your dealer in?

The credit app thing sounds a bit shady though.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

Got $5250 in rebates

That’s what they do. They do it so they can upset you on the rate end at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/