5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Tranzella

Reaction score
Finally sat down this morning ready to put a deposit down on a factory ordered ‘22 Rebel. BUT…FCA has jacked the price up on the Night Edition up to $1895! It was $525 less than a week ago. So frustrating!!

rgreener77

Reaction score
I waited 6 months and engaged easily a dozen dealers from GA to DC and none would budge more than a few k. Ultimately one called me back on last day of the month and said if you can sign today we will put an extra 2k on your trade and extra 2k off. So not great on a 22 limited but ended up about 4/5 off msrp and good trade. By far the best I’ve seen around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidv2135

Reaction score
I waited 6 months and engaged easily a dozen dealers from GA to DC and none would budge more than a few k. Ultimately one called me back on last day of the month and said if you can sign today we will put an extra 2k on your trade and extra 2k off. So not great on a 22 limited but ended up about 4/5 off msrp and good trade. By far the best I’ve seen around here

Where are you located? I thought there was a dealer in VA that did good prices - Koons or something otherwise Mark Dodge is probably the best price even with driving to get it or shipping.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I did the "value your trade-in" when pricing my truck, I think they screwed up, trade-in value shown was $23,000 on 10-year-old base model Titan (although I had very low mileage, about 33,000). Dealer choked when I showed him that trade-in but built it into the offer, that brought the price for a MUCH nicer truck (my Ram) to what I wanted to pay.

Another way to skin a cat.

Dave

rgreener77

Reaction score
Where are you located? I thought there was a dealer in VA that did good prices - Koons or something otherwise Mark Dodge is probably the best price even with driving to get it or shipping.

Couldn’t find any that would work with me, a few in the DC area we’re charging more than Msrp for “market adjustment “ I all but told them to go F themselves

Cda3488

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trugger this week with Sandi at Mark CDJR. Got a Rebel ordered. MSRP $71000. Mark CDJR sale price $62374. So roughly 12%+ below MSRP. I loved their straight forward approach and no pressure for dealer add ons. My price was actually below invoice and employee pricing plus they'll bring the truck to me for free. A local dealer wanted $65K for a Lonestar Backcountry. Another dealer got close but couldn't match the deal. Rambox and power fold mirrors not currently available on the Backcountry, otherwise I probably would have gone that way. Sandi was great every step of the way. I wish there were more incentives but the market is what it is. Overall, I'm happy with the build.

2022 Ram Rebel 1500 4WD
Granite Crystal Metallic
5.7L HEMI V8 (Non eTorque)
e shift transfer case
block heater
33 gallon tank
Level B Package
Rebel 12 Package
Advanced Safety Group
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Comfort & Convenience Group
Technology Group
Bed Utility Group
Pwr Fold Trailer Mirrors
RAMBox
Multi Function Tailgate
Mopar bedliner
Trailer brake controller
Rear wheelhouse liners
I just ordered a Laramie GT from Billie at Mark Dodge also. Your right, nobody is able to beat their pricing. I just turned my company on to them and we just ordered 15 vehicles and will be replacing the whole fleet, over 79 trucks. The sales service has suffered lately for some reason though. Guess they thought they had us so they didn’t have to return calls and e-mails but they were mistaken. We went to Opelousas and bought a bunch more. Good luck on your order.

Tinshield

Reaction score
Anyone know if the First Responder discount has been extended to 2022 trucks? Also, would that be on top of the $1250 cash allowance?

myownstatus

Reaction score
Anyone know if the First Responder discount has been extended to 2022 trucks? Also, would that be on top of the $1250 cash allowance?

I believe it’s avail, it’s shown on their site. However their site is a **** show of misinformation.

GorillaGreg

Reaction score
While my Jeep was in the shop for some paint touch up - I got a 2021 rental Big Horn that I’ve kind of fallen in love with. It has 5k miles on it with an MSRP of $47,405 and the dealer said they could sell it to me for $39,800. That seems like a good deal, what do you guys think? Thanks!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While my Jeep was in the shop for some paint touch up - I got a 2021 rental Big Horn that I’ve kind of fallen in love with. It has 5k miles on it with an MSRP of $47,405 and the dealer said they could sell it to me for $39,800. That seems like a good deal, what do you guys think? Thanks!

Is it still on MSO or has it been titled?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have a Laramie and a Big Horn in the family. My Big Horn is my daily driver and I love it! What engine does it have? It looks like they’re cutting you a pretty good deal.

GorillaGreg

Reaction score
We have a Laramie and a Big Horn in the family. My Big Horn is my daily driver and I love it! What engine does it have? It looks like they’re cutting you a pretty good deal.
It’s the 5.7 v8. I love how effortless it is. We don’t do a lot of towing, but this would more than meet our occasional needs. I think I’ve got my wife sold based on taking several loads to the dump and helping clear out garage and storage space.

esta1701

Reaction score
I believe MSO but I’m not entirely sure. They guaranteed that it would come with full factory warranty.
Be very mindful of the warranty and ask questions. We purchased a loaner vehicle once only to find out it was 3 years from the date of in-service (when the dealer started using it as a loaner) to 36k miles total on the odometer. They said "full warranty" but we actually lost 4 months and 2,800 miles.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Be very mindful of the warranty and ask questions. We purchased a loaner vehicle once only to find out it was 3 years from the date of in-service (when the dealer started using it as a loaner) to 36k miles total on the odometer. They said "full warranty" but we actually lost 4 months and 2,800 miles.
The in-service-date is the day you write the check/paperwork. In my case I did the paper work and picked up the vehicle 5 days later (don't recall the particulars why). Thought my Ram was "born" on the 24th only to find it was "preemie" on the 19th. Lesson learned to receive and use the full warranty.

scuba

Reaction score
It’s the 5.7 v8. I love how effortless it is. We don’t do a lot of towing, but this would more than meet our occasional needs. I think I’ve got my wife sold based on taking several loads to the dump and helping clear out garage and storage space.
I would check prices at Mark Dodge or Dave Smith motors. To compare to see how good of a deal with options you are getting on that loaner.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

GorillaGreg

Reaction score
I confirmed it will be selling as used, thanks for the heads up on that. This one is a quad cab, my wife believes it is more practical for us to get the Crew Cab so alas, I don’t think I will be keeping this one. For our region (VA), it was a good deal, too bad! Any recommendations on dealers in the VA / MD area? I checked out Mark Dodge but that is pretty far from us. Thanks again.

Nova90

Reaction score
I confirmed it will be selling as used, thanks for the heads up on that. This one is a quad cab, my wife believes it is more practical for us to get the Crew Cab so alas, I don’t think I will be keeping this one. For our region (VA), it was a good deal, too bad! Any recommendations on dealers in the VA / MD area? I checked out Mark Dodge but that is pretty far from us. Thanks again.
I live further from MD than you & it still made sense to go with them.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Koons Dodge in Vienna, VA has come up a few times as similarly competitive.

See here.

And original Koons thread here

I would have given them a look if it has come up. Made the 12hr drive ea way down to M.D. for an in stock limited after waiting 6mos on my rebel order that is still MiA.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/