5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Runagun

Reaction score
. Made the 12hr drive ea way down to M.D. for an in stock limited after waiting 6mos on my rebel order that is still MiA.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
reminds me when I picked up my brand new 2019 Ram. That same day I drove it 3 hours north to pick up a tractor with it. lol

mophead

Reaction score
Koons Dodge in Vienna, VA has come up a few times as similarly competitive.

See here.

And original Koons thread here

I would have given them a look if it has come up. Made the 12hr drive ea way down to M.D. for an in stock limited after waiting 6mos on my rebel order that is still MiA.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yeah and Koons came up with WOW pricing $5000 over MSRP and multiple members have gotten WOWed with double processing fees too. Oh did I mention they were site sponsors and the members mentioned that and still got WOWed. I'm in Md., they will never get my business. Best price I have gotten after contacting dozens in the Mid Atlantic was Mark Dodge by a large margin. Criswell placed a respectable 2nd but not close

Nova90

Reaction score
Yeah and Koons came up with WOW pricing $5000 over MSRP and multiple members have gotten WOWed with double processing fees too. Oh did I mention they were site sponsors and the members mentioned that and still got WOWed. I'm in Md., they will never get my business. Best price I have gotten after contacting dozens in the Mid Atlantic was Mark Dodge by a large margin. Criswell placed a respectable 2nd but not close
Same experience here. Unfortunately, being a site sponsor does not translate to honest business practices, good customer service and great pricing.

x50

Reaction score
Yeah and Koons came up with WOW pricing $5000 over MSRP
Do you mean $5K under invoice? I got an estimate from them and if I didn't finance through Chrysler, then its only $4000 below invoice. I agree their processing fee of $899 is very high. Might as well add $1K back to the price. I still could have saved about $3K going with them vs ordering from my local dealer who gave me 7.5% off of MSRP which was the best deal I could find locally.

Last edited:

GFK51

Reaction score
If I had to buy a new RAM today I would crawl on my knees over broken glass to Mark Dodge versus going to Koons Dodge. Double charge on destination fees, $899 processing fees, a finance department that operates on lies and deceit, I will never step foot into any of their dealerships again. Have a credit score of 840 and wanted the 0% financing offered at the time earlier this year. The finance guru told me that there was a problem with my social security number and they could not give me that rate. I ended up with a 4.9% rate and was told that I could refinance after three payments. I went to my credit union the next week and lo and behold there wasn't any problem with my social security number, received a much lower rate than Koons. I am 70 years old, have bought many vehicles over the years and Koons was the worst buying experience of my life. As I can see from other responses on this and other forums I am not alone. I will NEVER forget the experience at Koons. If it wasn't for me driving the 175 miles to their stealership, I would have walked away.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I had to buy a new RAM today I would crawl on my knees over broken glass to Mark Dodge versus going to Koons Dodge. Double charge on destination fees, $899 processing fees, a finance department that operates on lies and deceit, I will never step foot into any of their dealerships again. Have a credit score of 840 and wanted the 0% financing offered at the time earlier this year. The finance guru told me that there was a problem with my social security number and they could not give me that rate. I ended up with a 4.9% rate and was told that I could refinance after three payments. I went to my credit union the next week and lo and behold there wasn't any problem with my social security number, received a much lower rate than Koons. I am 70 years old, have bought many vehicles over the years and Koons was the worst buying experience of my life. As I can see from other responses on this and other forums I am not alone. I will NEVER forget the experience at Koons. If it wasn't for me driving the 175 miles to their stealership, I would have walked away.

I bought a 2021 Laramie last February from Bud Clary via Phillip Olson. He was great (but isn't there anymore). During that process, I engaged with Aaron at Mark Dodge as well as Criswell and Koon. Aaron was awesome, but beaten out by Phillip. (I did tell Aaron I'd buy from him the next time I bought a truck. Remember that. ;) )

My experiences with Koons and Criswell were distasteful. My B.S. meter was pegged with each of them. I don't want the bottom dollar: I want a good deal with an honest broker. Yes, I'll pay a bit more for a better experience.

Maybe it depends on the individual you get at those places. I've read here about folks with good purchasing experiences. For me...it didn't get past a phone call or two and several emails.

That comment about "next time"? Well, my son decided he wanted help purchasing a 2022 Ram...so I called Aaron. I didn't bother with other dealers. I got a good price with Sandi. It should be ready in a few months. Mark Dodge for the win. ;)

Last edited:

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Maybe I got lucky but I ordered my Ram from Koons and had a great experience. Flew in from Atlanta to pick it up and was out in a couple hours. Paid exactly what they quoted me which was well south of any offer I could get locally. I dealt with Craig Benner.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife wants a 2022 Laramie Longhorn so I decided to go to Clear Lake CJDR of Webster, TX. (We had plans of going to Mark CJDR but thought we’d try to make a local deal first.) They had one with an MSRP of $65K and it had online a dealer discount and rebate to get it to $56K. I took it for a test drive and upon returning was told there is a $7500 Market adjustment it be added to the price as well as $4K for a vehicle tracking system (additional to what UConnect Guardian offers), tinted front windows only, locking lugnuts and “paint/leather protection”.

Needless to say, I was gone in less than three minutes as they were displaying one of the worst cases of greed I’ve experienced - other than from politicians.

My wife was at the mall as she hates going to dealerships. She asked why I was back so soon…my comment was “We’ll be going to Lake Charles between Christmas and New Years.”

Ya’all can write off Clear Lake CJDR…

monkeypunch

Reaction score
My wife wants a 2022 Laramie Longhorn so I decided to go to Clear Lake CJDR of Webster, TX. (We had plans of going to Mark CJDR but thought we’d try to make a local deal first.) They had one with an MSRP of $65K and it had online a dealer discount and rebate to get it to $56K. I took it for a test drive and upon returning was told there is a $7500 Market adjustment it be added to the price as well as $4K for a vehicle tracking system (additional to what UConnect Guardian offers), tinted front windows only, locking lugnuts and “paint/leather protection”.

Needless to say, I was gone in less than three minutes as they were displaying one of the worst cases of greed I’ve experienced - other than from politicians.

My wife was at the mall as she hates going to dealerships. She asked why I was back so soon…my comment was “We’ll be going to Lake Charles between Christmas and New Years.”

Ya’all can write off Clear Lake CJDR…
You probably won't get the same deal buying off the lot as ordering. I would email Aaron or Sandi.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You probably won't get the same deal buying off the lot as ordering. I would email Aaron or Sandi.
Agree but would prefer to order face to face from them as Lake Charles is just a two hour drive for us and we have friends there. Will make an appointment with them as I know they’re busy folks.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Do you mean $5K under invoice? I got an estimate from them and if I didn't finance through Chrysler, then its only $4000 below invoice. I agree their processing fee of $899 is very high. Might as well add $1K back to the price. I still could have saved about $3K going with them vs ordering from my local dealer who gave me 7.5% off of MSRP which was the best deal I could find locally.
How did you possibly get your truck so early? I ordered on 11/13 and I’m just in paint. I think they throw darts at a board and whomever it lands on, they get a truck today!!

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you possibly get your truck so early? I ordered on 11/13 and I’m just in paint. I think they throw darts at a board and whomever it lands on, they get a truck today!!
LOL... I ordered on 11/09 and nada, zip, zilch, nothing.

myownstatus

Reaction score
LOL... I ordered on 11/09 and nada, zip, zilch, nothing.

I ordered two trucks, first truck 11/08 and that one is in trim. Second truck 11/23 and that one is in D1 with ESD 12/23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree but would prefer to order face to face from them as Lake Charles is just a two hour drive for us and we have friends there. Will make an appointment with them as I know they’re busy folks.

This is the biggest issue with folks around here. I get that mark dodge is the best pricing, but for some folks like me, a plane trip is just not worth it.

The best thing I did was just increase my range when it comes to dealer negotiating. For me, looking at a range of 200 miles greatly helped saving money in my pocket, and literally only being away from my family for half a day…compared to flying to mark dodge then driving back.

Dealers in my area ( I can easily find 10 of them within a 50 mile area) and most aren’t negotiating under msrp. In fact, they are adding $5k.

The biggest tool we have is to walk away.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plenty of us aren't flying out to pick up our trucks. Even with shipping, they beat anyone in my area.

Likewise, 1500 miles away and even with that shipping bill they were the lowest by a ton. Not to mention the excellent experience as oppose to other dealers (I dealt with Aaron the whole time and he went above and beyond for me as he has for many others). It's the only positive buying experience I've ever had buying from a dealership, from start to finish. They'll be my first contact next time I buy.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saving money and dealing with a business that's earned it is always going to be my cup of tea, but you do you.
time is more important than money. You can make more money, but you can't make time.

2021 Ram Rebel
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
time is more important than money. You can make more money, but you can't make time.

2021 Ram Rebel
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Right. That's why you pay someone else to drop it at your door and don't waste time hoping to find someone who can beat MD pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread