5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Derek916

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear if MD
Yeah, a dealer here in California just quoted me invoice pricing on an order. It would cost be roughly 2k to 2.5 k to get it shipped from Louisiana. It would cost me roughly 1k for me to fly there and bring it back. That is a 1700 mile drive back home. More than likely I'll order closer to home. Oh, and one more thing, dealing with California DMV on an out of state vehicle is H E double hockey sticks!

Do you mind sharing the dealership? Also, how much more is it compared to MD?

spyder

Reaction score
For some people who can get a decent deal locally then it's not feasible. Some of us, especially here in California, can not get even a discount from MSRP. Even if you order it!
I'm in CA too! :D

Veneno

Reaction score
Ok here is an odd one. My local dealership will not go below MSRP on an order but currently has a discount of $4,200 on all Laramies not including rebates.

Veneno

Reaction score
About par for all the deals we got. I’m told for the shipping that it goes out to bid so I won’t know. Aren’t wheels ($1300) and chrome 900? I suggest considering the Southwest edition package and removing those.

also there was a blue color shortage. No idea if that’s been resolved. Could result in a delay in your truck as opposed to other colors.
Ram just made Hydro Blue available again. Actually the longer it takes the better. That way I can pay for it cash.

Derek916

Reaction score
Ram just made Hydro Blue available again. Actually the longer it takes the better. That way I can pay for it cash.
Just make sure you like it cause the SW package makes everything blue (bumper, mirror, grill)

Largestar

Reaction score
That's a great price in my book. I'm not about to say" well you can get 10.5% under msrp..at another dealer 1000 miles away". Sometimes that far traveling just isn't worth it.

If your happy and it's relatively close to you, it's a great deal.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’m pretty happy. I don’t think profit is a dirty word, I would just prefer the dealership not retire off me. 😀

Veneno

Reaction score
So I just placed an order for my Laramie with Hunter in Lancaster Ca. It was a tad bit over invoice but I'm ok with that. It saves me the hassle of bringing it back from out of state. Did I tell you guys that it's a POS to deal with California DMV when buying an out of state vehicle?

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Bought my Ram today from Glenn's Freedom in Lexington, KY. They are offering pretty large discounts from MSRP. I got mine for $7100 off plus $1000 above KBB for my trade. The only catch is you must have a trade and there's a gentleman's agreement to take Chrysler's 5.99% financing for the first six months. However, you can refinance the same day with no repercussions and the dealership eats the cost. A pretty great deal for anyone out there looking for something on the lot.

M02v8r

Reaction score
Bought my Ram today from Glenn's Freedom in Lexington, KY. They are offering pretty large discounts from MSRP. I got mine for $7100 off plus $1000 above KBB for my trade. The only catch is you must have a trade and there's a gentleman's agreement to take Chrysler's 5.99% financing for the first six months. However, you can refinance the same day with no repercussions and the dealership eats the cost. A pretty great deal for anyone out there looking for something on the lot.
Congrats, placed my order there and they have been great to deal with. They gave me 4% below invoice if I financed through them. They are trying to become the biggest area dealer and are making great deals to do so.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this a new dealer in Lexington? I lived there 2007 through 2016 and don't remember it.

Tranzella

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask, but does anybody have experience ordering from Koons? I was set to order from Mark Dodge but Koons’ offer is basically identical to MD and they’re about 4 hours closer to Chicago. Thanks!!

packer27

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask, but does anybody have experience ordering from Koons? I was set to order from Mark Dodge but Koons’ offer is basically identical to MD and they’re about 4 hours closer to Chicago. Thanks!!
If you’re in Chicago, Granger Motors near Des Moines, IA is probably closer yet and will do 4% under invoice for sold orders.

GFK51

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2021 RAM from Koons, did not order, truck was on the lot. Just be sure that they do not charge you twice for the destination fee. Their processing fee is outrageous also. Also don't get me started on their finance department.

x50

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2021 RAM from Koons, did not order, truck was on the lot. Just be sure that they do not charge you twice for the destination fee. Their processing fee is outrageous also. Also don't get me started on their finance department.
What's the processing fee for? Never heard of that.

tomme12

Reaction score
Are dealers doing orders only at MSRP or are they ordering and selling at or below invoice pricing? Thanks!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jason Beltran @ Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL will get you 4-5% below invoice

Users who are viewing this thread