5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

bigben542

Reaction score
Well according to the ram website they introduced employee pricing, on 2019 2500 and 3500 models only. On the 1500 they have 0% for 72 months now and no payments for 120 days. Not what I was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom700

Reaction score
What is up with the disclaimer that only residents of Pennsylvania and Maine are eligible for deferred payments? Has anyone in other states gotten them? That is misleading to advertise as a “national” incentive if limited only to two states.

Dramrod

Reaction score
Well according to the ram website they introduced employee pricing, on 2019 2500 and 3500 models only. On the 1500 they have 0% for 72 months now and no payments for 120 days. Not what I was hoping for.

Glad i wasn’t the only who checked. It’d be cool if they combined the 0/72 with the rebates. Maybe God is telling me to not buy a truck

ktl5005

Reaction score
Well there is EP pricing, just not on the 1500 unless it’s going to be updated with more incentives later.

ordering from Craig is looking better and better and hoping in 2 months incentives are good for end of model year.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Yessir. Couldn’t tell you why they were feeling so generous but I was happy to be the beneficiary.
Great job and great deal, but 30% off a 70k truck should be everyone's goal. I'd say shoot for 20% off a 40k truck and expect more discounts as the MSRP goes up.

I'm not knocking your deal, but these trucks aren't worth 70k. Everything a dealership or manufacturer sells is marked up, and if you're shopping for a truck with every option, you should get more money off.

These trucks make sense at 20% to 30% off. American vehicle MSRP's are a joke.

JKlem

Reaction score
Great job and great deal, but 30% off a 70k truck should be everyone's goal. I'd say shoot for 20% off a 40k truck and expect more discounts as the MSRP goes up.

I'm not knocking your deal, but these trucks aren't worth 70k. Everything a dealership or manufacturer sells is marked up, and if you're shopping for a truck with every option, you should get more money off.

These trucks make sense at 20% to 30% off. American vehicle MSRP's are a joke.
Agreed. They inflate The price and then give massive “discounts” and “rebates” to entice.

Murdock

Reaction score

No kidding....incentives are actually way worse this month for the models I was looking at (Rebel/Limited). They are basically forcing your hand to take the 0% financing, as its basically a no-brainer with the minimal discounts.

FWIW, and this may have been posted on here somewhere, but a local bank has this really quick and easy calculator to see if rebates or low interest financing ends up being a better deal. The overall math isn't very difficult, but this just makes it a lot quicker

Well there is EP pricing, just not on the 1500 unless it’s going to be updated with more incentives later.

ordering from Craig is looking better and better and hoping in 2 months incentives are good for end of model year.
I don't have any insider information, but I would think that getting a factory order truck in 2 months from today is very optimistic. A dealer told me that once the plants open, the dealer allocations would be first, then custom orders (take it with a grain of salt). So if that is true, I'd think you'd be looking at around 4 months from today. Maybe/hopefully I'm wrong, because I'm leaning towards ordering from Craig as well. Just a little nervous about what things will look like 2-4 months from now. I was really trying to get 0%

ldoh

Reaction score
FCA announced they lost $1.8 billion in the first quarter. They are still hoping to complete the merger with France's PSA group but many previous announced merger and acquisition deals are falling apart.

Venom700

Reaction score
No kidding....incentives are actually way worse this month for the models I was looking at (Rebel/Limited). They are basically forcing your hand to take the 0% financing, as its basically a no-brainer with the minimal discounts.

FWIW, and this may have been posted on here somewhere, but a local bank has this really quick and easy calculator to see if rebates or low interest financing ends up being a better deal. The overall math isn't very difficult, but this just makes it a lot quicker

I don't have any insider information, but I would think that getting a factory order truck in 2 months from today is very optimistic. A dealer told me that once the plants open, the dealer allocations would be first, then custom orders (take it with a grain of salt). So if that is true, I'd think you'd be looking at around 4 months from today. Maybe/hopefully I'm wrong, because I'm leaning towards ordering from Craig as well. Just a little nervous about what things will look like 2-4 months from now. I was really trying to get 0%
I thought I read somewhere where you can lock in the 0% with an order.

ldoh

Reaction score
Looks like Ram incentives changed today with up to $7300 off on a 2020 Big Horn crew cab 4x4 6'4" box. YMMV.

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
do y’all think they will get to all the orders? Just don’t understand what happens if they start building 2021’s

ktl5005

Reaction score

I totally got you. The 0% doesn't pull me b/c that would be at his price. If you take incetive and low intrest loan at 72 or 84 months it works out better. But like you said, what are incentives going to look like 2-4 months from now? Is it going to be 3k, or because end of model year 4-6k? That and what trade in values are going to do, those are making me a bit hesitant.

Venom700

Reaction score
You could lock in the 0 for 84. Idk about the new 0 for 72 but I would think so
Was that just the rate or has anyone gotten the deferred payments locked in as well? I have a lease that is due later in the year so it actually would make sense for me.

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
Was that just the rate or has anyone gotten the deferred payments locked in as well? I have a lease that is due later in the year so it actually would make sense for me.
The last round of deferment made it clear you couldn’t lock in. Idk about this one but I did see it says Maine and Pennsylvania only. Makes no sense

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score

FCA would rather eat the cost of financing because, as you point out, you can easily determine if you pay closer to MSRP it is wash for them. FCA either gets your money by you paying close to MSRP with them footing 0% financing or they get it i(f you use their financing) via higher loan rates. A little tricky for them on the latter as you could always use outside financing.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Agreed. They inflate The price and then give massive “discounts” and “rebates” to entice.
Agreed! It seems like FCA is increasing the price now, only to "slash" them for a "huge" sale next month. I need to see $6k or higher in rebates to even consider a new truck at this point. Hard to purchase one right now ehnr you know how much lower they have in the past. Hopefully this June mimics or exceeds last Junes incentives.

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
I tried to lock in the 0% with the custom order with Craig @ Koons and he wouldn't do it. Think there was a previous post on that
He would only lock it in with price of 5% under invoice. My local dealer locked it in with 8% under invoice

Users who are viewing this thread