5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TWPRam

Reaction score
Thoughts? Dealer won't budge
2020 Laramie Sports Edition (Maximum Steel)
MSRP $58,965
Dealer Discount $6,376
Dealer Fee $249
License $10
Total : $52,848
Rebates (Includes USAA) $6,000
Final Price: $46,848

Thanks in advance!

Kaag

Reaction score
I was just talking to my sales rep who is a good guy and I’ve bought from multiple times for other Chrysler vehicles. He said his GM was told massive incentives starting as early as Tuesday, potentially employee pricing.
Hope so

NJC1684

Reaction score
Thoughts? Dealer won't budge
2020 Laramie Sports Edition (Maximum Steel)
MSRP $58,965
Dealer Discount $6,376
Dealer Fee $249
License $10
Total : $52,848
Rebates (Includes USAA) $6,000
Final Price: $46,848

Thanks in advance!
20% is an OK deal as long as it's optioned the way you'd like.

TWPRam

Reaction score
20% is an OK deal as long as it's optioned the way you'd like.
I was hoping for more, yes it is optioned the way I would like. The only thing I can't figure out is why the Bed Utility Group ($945) does not include a deployable bed step. I always see one included in that group. I do have the Multifunctional Tailgate option. They have another Laramie on the lot with the Bed Utility Group with the deployable bed step at $845 also with the Multi Function Tailgate.

New thought is do I wait to see if the rumor is true regarding massive discounts on Tuesday. I can't locate another truck with the options a want. Very difficult to find Maximum Steel-is there a reason?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping for more, yes it is optioned the way I would like. The only thing I can't figure out is why the Bed Utility Group ($945) does not include a deployable bed step. I always see one included in that group. I do have the Multifunctional Tailgate option. They have another Laramie on the lot with the Bed Utility Group with the deployable bed step at $845 also with the Multi Function Tailgate.

New thought is do I wait to see if the rumor is true regarding massive discounts on Tuesday. I can't locate another truck with the options a want. Very difficult to find Maximum Steel-is there a reason?

That’s a tough call. There were a lot of rumors around here for March and April being huge incentives, and that didn’t occur.

The deal is OK, but finding the truck that meets your wish list is no small challenge.

The bed step is included in that package, and you should be sure to get that item on the truck before buying. You can cross reference by building the truck online and check the package description. My truck also came with it with bed utility group.

Also note that you can refinance immediately. If you qualify for USAA, I’m sure you will qualify for NavyFederal also, and they have very good rates. I took a 2.29% refinance for 72mo.

TWPRam

Reaction score
Thanks, that’s very good input. I looked back at the other sticker and I noted that it has in (NAW multi-functional tailgate). But our truck choice doesn’t state that and it costs $100 more.

Lakngs20

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 granite
Night edition with option 2
MSRP 48000
Rebates 6500 (including usaa/1st responder)
5850 less through USAA car buying service.
35650 sale price.

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
Just finished a deal on my first truck purchase......mid-life crisis?
I've owned my share of Sport SUVs and Cars. Retired the minivan a couple years ago. We'd rented a 2019 Ram for a day while in Florida and the entire family (wife and three kids) really enjoyed it. It always was on our minds when thinking about a new purchase.

New 2020 Ram Limited 4x4 (105 miles on odometer)
with Black Appearance Package, Bed Utility Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, 33 Gallon tank, Multifunction tailgate, RamBox, Trailer Brake Control, Pano Roof, 3.92 Rear-Axle, V8 VVT Engine

MSRP $72,324
Dealer Discount: $63,329
Rebates: -$5,500

Total: $57, 739 plus delivery, title, tax

Feel good about the deal at almost 20% off MSRP. It is a cost that works for me.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finished a deal on my first truck purchase......mid-life crisis?
I've owned my share of Sport SUVs and Cars. Retired the minivan a couple years ago. We'd rented a 2019 Ram for a day while in Florida and the entire family (wife and three kids) really enjoyed it. It always was on our minds when thinking about a new purchase.

New 2020 Ram Limited 4x4 (105 miles on odometer)
with Black Appearance Package, Bed Utility Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, 33 Gallon tank, Multifunction tailgate, RamBox, Trailer Brake Control, Pano Roof, 3.92 Rear-Axle, V8 VVT Engine

MSRP $72,324
Dealer Discount: $63,329
Rebates: -$5,500

Total: $57, 739 plus delivery, title, tax

Feel good about the deal at almost 20% off MSRP. It is a cost that works for me.
Congratulations and welcome! Seems like a really good deal to me. As long as you feel it was fair that's all that should matter.

ldoh

Reaction score
Why would they offer massive incentives now when inventory is drying up?

It's not. At least one high volume Ram dealer still has 548 new 1500 Rams on the lot. My local Ram dealer still has huge numbers parked in the surrounding lots and they don't want to get stuck with excess inventory when the economy crashes. FCA has plenty of profit margin and they need to play ball to move product.

ktl5005

Reaction score
It's not. At least one high volume Ram dealer still has 548 new 1500 Rams on the lot. My local Ram dealer still has huge numbers parked in the surrounding lots and they don't want to get stuck with excess inventory when the economy crashes. FCA has plenty of profit margin and they need to play ball to move product.
This. And don't forget all the Rams already built just sitting at rail yards and plant parking lot waiting to be transferred to dealers. I read something on the lines of they still have at least 110 days of inventory, and supposedly plants going back up Mid May. States are starting to slowly open back up. Now would be the perfect time to drop some killer incentives to get cash flow again. Got to spend cash to make cash. If they are killer, I for one would buy.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 granite
Night edition with option 2
MSRP 48000
Rebates 6500 (including usaa/1st responder)
5850 less through USAA car buying service.
35650 sale price.
That seems like a good price, but all depends what gets added afterward as dealers are notorious for offering a low price then tacking on other items to get you back you to $40k+

Murdock

Reaction score
2020 RAM Rebel EcoDiesel MSRP $83,410 Canadian dollars
Total paid $61,000 plus taxes, no doc fees, no trade in
Is that $61k US dollars or Canadian dollars? Awesome deal either way! Looking at same style/package setup here in FL and I'm not having much luck getting dealers to move on price....even with a quote from Craig at Koons. Only 2 vehicles with that setup in the southeast, at least what I can find

DinkyMcStinky

Reaction score
This. And don't forget all the Rams already built just sitting at rail yards and plant parking lot waiting to be transferred to dealers. I read something on the lines of they still have at least 110 days of inventory, and supposedly plants going back up Mid May. States are starting to slowly open back up. Now would be the perfect time to drop some killer incentives to get cash flow again. Got to spend cash to make cash. If they are killer, I for one would buy.

I have an agreed on price with a dealership that I hope to finalize this week. Do I gamble and wait until Tuesday to see new incentives or take the sure thing on Monday?

2020 Laramie 4x4 v8 eTorque
MSRP - $65,920
Dealer Discount - $7,944
Rebates - $6,500
Total - $51,476 plus TTL

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I'm in the market myself and noticed last night that GM has extended their 0% for 84 months on the Canyon, Sierra LD (2019 HDs), Acadia, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL, through 1 June so I'd say it's likely FCA does the same on the Ram.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm in the market myself and noticed last night that GM has extended their 0% for 84 months on the Canyon, Sierra LD (2019 HDs), Acadia, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL, through 1 June so I'd say it's likely FCA does the same on the Ram.

I don't see 0% going anywhere as long as Ford and GM are offering it. The bad times for automakers/dealer have not even peeped around the corner yet. The consequences of March/April wont fully bee seen until June-August IMO., a lot of companies are not coming back and a lot of employee positions will not be re-filled thus, a lot of potential buyers will disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread