5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Venom700

Reaction score
Just got a response back from FCA that yes, the 120 payment deferral option is only available in two states. Extremely misleading to list such on the national incentives webpage.

Murdock

Reaction score
I totally got you. The 0% doesn't pull me b/c that would be at his price. If you take incetive and low intrest loan at 72 or 84 months it works out better. But like you said, what are incentives going to look like 2-4 months from now? Is it going to be 3k, or because end of model year 4-6k? That and what trade in values are going to do, those are making me a bit hesitant.
Exactly...especially because I've gotten a couple of trade offers on my current vehicle that are at the top of the KBB estimated trade amount, so I was pleasantly surprised about that. But, it also won't hurt me to wait either. Decisions decisions!!

Murdock

Reaction score
He would only lock it in with price of 5% under invoice. My local dealer locked it in with 8% under invoice
What dealer was that, if you don't mind me asking? If you're in south GA, I might have to give them a call.

To get the vehicle from Craig @ Koons would mean that I would need to fly up there, then take the Amtrak Auto Train back (pretty lucky that his dealership is right near that particular train station and the one they run to in Florida is nearby me). But, all in all that would cost around $400...I was getting quotes to ship for around $450/500. Also, I got a quote from a dealer in TX that would ship to me for free...but buying a vehicle site unseen (and them doing a trade for my vehicle with just photos/mileage/VIN) seemed sketchy. I could see them getting the trade in and then saying it's not worth what they said. Actually, I pretty much guarantee they would do that...I would if it was me

Murdock

Reaction score
FCA would rather eat the cost of financing because, as you point out, you can easily determine if you pay closer to MSRP it is wash for them. FCA either gets your money by you paying close to MSRP with them footing 0% financing or they get it i(f you use their financing) via higher loan rates. A little tricky for them on the latter as you could always use outside financing.

FWIW, I ran the numbers with the massive truck month rebates they had last month, or with 0% interest...and both were pretty close to the same in terms of overall amount you paid (couple of hundred difference, depending on how many rebates available and price of truck). This was with me having private financing around 2.2% for 60 mo. So, if they only have $1k in rebates (as opposed to $5-6k), it most definitely would sway towards the 0%. Especially if there are dealer discounts that are outside of the scope of the incentives. That's my take at least, I've definitely been known to be wrong (ask my wife, she'll tell you)

Boston

Reaction score
Still some 19s around. But if my kid’s college doesn’t reopen, I don’t get a new truck.
If it does reopen, then pray they have started delivering new vehicles to dealers with lots of disco.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Detroit Free Press: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles loses $1.9B in first quarter, announces production restart date.

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
What dealer was that, if you don't mind me asking? If you're in south GA, I might have to give them a call.

To get the vehicle from Craig @ Koons would mean that I would need to fly up there, then take the Amtrak Auto Train back (pretty lucky that his dealership is right near that particular train station and the one they run to in Florida is nearby me). But, all in all that would cost around $400...I was getting quotes to ship for around $450/500. Also, I got a quote from a dealer in TX that would ship to me for free...but buying a vehicle site unseen (and them doing a trade for my vehicle with just photos/mileage/VIN) seemed sketchy. I could see them getting the trade in and then saying it's not worth what they said. Actually, I pretty much guarantee they would do that...I would if it was me
Jimmy Britt in statesboro ga

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I wonder if Ram prefers low incentives and zero financing hoping buyers will want to trade in after 2, 3, 4 years. Even if the savings are equal between zero financing and rebates, you need to keep the truck for awhile before they balance out. The earlier you trade, the more the rebates make sense.

I lack self control and am trying to resist upgrading my 2019 because I know it would keep my monthly payment similar now but would increase my outstanding balance.

Finally, if vehicles becoming upside down were becoming a problem before this, I would assume more people than ever are going to be underwater now and in the future. Not sure how that will affect the market.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like rebates have decreased by $4k in my area from where I purchased in February. Really happy I pulled the trigger a couple of months ago.

I imagine there could be some better prices later in the year, but definitely need to correct the inventory situation that exists right now. It’s very clear they aren’t interested in slashing prices when supply is so low.

DinkyMcStinky

Reaction score
Looks like rebates have decreased by $4k in my area from where I purchased in February. Really happy I pulled the trigger a couple of months ago.

I imagine there could be some better prices later in the year, but definitely need to correct the inventory situation that exists right now. It’s very clear they aren’t interested in slashing prices when supply is so low.

Still doesn't make a lot of sense. The auto industry was kicked in the teeth last month. This month's incentives do nothing to correct that. I'm coming off lease on a Ford in June so I have a little room to be patient.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
In my area (TX), the rebates on a 2020 1500 Limited dropped from $4500 to $1500 and 0% for 84 dropped to 0% for 72. It's a joke to think the environment has gotten better. What I think is happening is that the plants have been shut down since 18 March and will be closed at least another two weeks. At this point, FCA doesn't need to help dealers because they've already sold their inventory to the dealerships. Rebates and financing offers are meant to increase sales by getting more customers in and incentivizing dealers to purchase more vehicles from the factory to move more product and order more but since they can't build anymore right now, what's the point? Once the factories open back-up, we'll see a big jump in deals in my opinion UNLESS FCA significantly cuts production in anticipation of there being far fewer customers able to afford trucks with jobless claims nearing 30
Million now.

GM is still offering better rebates and they are offering 0% for 84 months through 1 June so they're likely to lose some sales to the Sierra. The reason FCA wouldn't care is that they've already made their money from the dealers and they can't make more vehicles while the plants are closed going back to my earlier point.

Last edited:

Murdock

Reaction score
In my area (TX), the rebates on a 2020 1500 Limited dropped from $4500 to $1500 and 0% for 84 dropped to 0% for 72. It's a joke to think the environment has gotten better. What I think is happening is that the plants have been shut down since 18 March and will be closed at least another two weeks. At this point, FCA doesn't need to help dealers because they've already sold their inventory to the dealerships. Rebates and financing offers are meant to increase sales by getting more customers in and incentivizing dealers to purchase more vehicles from the factory to move more product and order more but since they can't build anymore right now, what's the point? Once the factories open back-up, we'll see a big jump in deals in my opinion UNLESS FCA significantly cuts production in anticipation of there being far fewer customers able to afford trucks with jobless claims nearing 30
Million now.

GM is still offering better rebates and they are offering 0% for 84 months through 1 June so they're likely to lose some sales to the Sierra. The reason FCA wouldn't care is that they've already made their money from the dealers and they can't make more vehicles while the plants are closed going back to my earlier point.
This is what I'm thinking too. I actually had dealers jack the price up from their published website price and told me the reasoning is "they couldn't get another anytime soon". So, I think they are playing hardball and just holding on to these high priced trucks, hoping that someone will purchase it. Most every dealer that I've gotten a quote from (which is probably 5-6, and from FL, TX, DC and GA), won't move any lower than their website published price (basically their dealer discount) and won't even sniff the 8% below invoice that Craig @ Koons gave me. These are on lot vehicles, I haven't tried with an order yet, but I was thinking they would have more incentive to move the units on their lot than ordering one. All of this was BEFORE the drop in incentives, so even more of a reason to not pull the trigger now....

For sure the opposite that I would expect to occur, due to the losses the FCA published. However, this one particular dealer told me that they aren't having any issues moving vehicles and sold close to 50 this past weekend and over 300 in the month of April. Of course, he could be lying.

I'm still shocked at the price the guy from Canada got on his fully loaded Rebel. mid 40's and MSRP had to be close to 70k (in US dollars).

Venom700

Reaction score
This is what I'm thinking too. I actually had dealers jack the price up from their published website price and told me the reasoning is "they couldn't get another anytime soon". So, I think they are playing hardball and just holding on to these high priced trucks, hoping that someone will purchase it. Most every dealer that I've gotten a quote from (which is probably 5-6, and from FL, TX, DC and GA), won't move any lower than their website published price (basically their dealer discount) and won't even sniff the 8% below invoice that Craig @ Koons gave me. These are on lot vehicles, I haven't tried with an order yet, but I was thinking they would have more incentive to move the units on their lot than ordering one. All of this was BEFORE the drop in incentives, so even more of a reason to not pull the trigger now....

For sure the opposite that I would expect to occur, due to the losses the FCA published. However, this one particular dealer told me that they aren't having any issues moving vehicles and sold close to 50 this past weekend and over 300 in the month of April. Of course, he could be lying.

I'm still shocked at the price the guy from Canada got on his fully loaded Rebel. mid 40's and MSRP had to be close to 70k (in US dollars).
300?? The lots all around me are filled to the brim with new inventory in the DC area. I even had to park on the sidewalk at one dealer because all the guest parking spots were filled with inventory and all the rows were only one car wide.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Keep in mind too that with global supply chains the way they are, everything is JIT (Just-In-Time) production meaning usually the parts arrive and hit the assembly line within a day or two so with COVID-19 likely disrupting the global supply chain, even if FCA wanted to ramp-up production, they may not be able to which will again keep rebates and deals less than we'd expect.

DeDax

Reaction score
My local dealers here in Delaware don't seem willing to deal too much. They are holding pretty firm and not really offering any significant value for my 2019 Limited. Unless the deals get considerably better over summer, I'm waiting for the Bronco next year.

Venom700

Reaction score
Just got a response back from FCA that yes, the 120 payment deferral option is only available in two states. Extremely misleading to list such on the national incentives webpage.
The rep just came back with a clarification:

"Thank you for taking the time to follow up on this, Brian. I found this to be a bit confusing as well so I did want to follow up on it. Please know that the disclaimer is meant to say that for Pennsylvania and Maine, you have to finance for 0% APR in order to qualify for the no payments. This additional restriction is not in place for the other 48 states. I do sincerely apologize for the confusion and I hope this helps!"

Users who are viewing this thread