5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Vettnman

Reaction score
Started my process online with an internet salesman. The "e-mail me for the lowest price" ended up being the lowest price even after an hour in the showroom.

Same here. I've contacted 7 different dealers that have low mileage 19 limiteds and not one has budged off their asking price. Same with the new ones. They dont care if they have 70 19s on the lot and half a dozen 20s, they're still wanting premium price. Some of these trucks have sat on the lot for over a year now. I dont get it. Is everyone doing a no haggle price now

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran into that when buying my truck. Anything above a Bighorn and the deals/negotiations get smaller as you go up the ladder.

RAM_newbie

Reaction score
Have you tried Jimmy Britt in Statesboro?
Trying Woody Folsom first. They are having a "Up to $6,000 over KBB" special on trade-in right now. If that is legit it will be hard for anyone to compete with that.
If they jerk me around, which they have so far, Jimmy Britt will be getting a call from me.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Trying Woody Folsom first. They are having a "Up to $6,000 over KBB" special on trade-in right now. If that is legit it will be hard for anyone to compete with that.
If they jerk me around, which they have so far, Jimmy Britt will be getting a call from me.

Yeah, I see those "$X,000 over KBB" ads all the time in my area. There is usually an asterisk next to it, and the fine print says something like, "KBB fair trade-in value, minus $.XX per mile and wear/tear." It's usually not a great deal, but good luck!

As for discounts, Criswell CJDR in Gaithersburg, MD, where I bought my truck, has an almost identical white Limited listed at $10k off sticker ($59k from $69k), so there are still some dealers willing to discount. FWIW, that's about what my discount was back in May. They have plenty of other trucks which are discounted too, including some 2020s.

-John

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Same here. I've contacted 7 different dealers that have low mileage 19 limiteds and not one has budged off their asking price. Same with the new ones. They dont care if they have 70 19s on the lot and half a dozen 20s, they're still wanting premium price. Some of these trucks have sat on the lot for over a year now. I dont get it. Is everyone doing a no haggle price now

I got this quote on a 2020 MY Limited that I am considering. It’s from a dealer in Washington DC that seems to have several people on here that have purchased from him. His name is Craig Benner at Koons.

Attachments

• CA216E66-053B-456C-8DF2-522A72A76FE4.png
    CA216E66-053B-456C-8DF2-522A72A76FE4.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 142

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Ram 1500 Ranch said:
Starting today, all 2020 Big Horns and Rebels will be 12% off MSRP and Laramies, Longhorns and Limiteds will be 13% off MSRP. That's in addition to any rebates you qualify for. Must be an in-stock or factory ordered truck. If your employer is a Chrysler Affiliate member, you save an additional 1%. Even if your employer isn't a member, there may still be a way to save the additional 1%. Contact me at [email protected] for details.

This is another dealer posting for deals on 2020 MY. They are in Maryland. I don’t know anything about them and I am not promoting them. I am just passing on the deals as I find them as I am looking to buy also.

Big Bert

Reaction score
FWIW- I got quotes from both and they are within $50 on my configuration.....so either would work well.

I am pulling the trigger this week.

Hardlivin'

Reaction score
It took talking to a few dealerships, and I ended up needing to drive a few hours to pick it up. Ended up going through Laura in Sullivan, MO. They have a few Rebels left.
Were you able to negotiate below their posted prices? (their website, cars.com, etc). They're about 2 hours away from me, and who I plan on buying from. Just curious if you can get them below their posted prices. Thanks!

edit, yeah, looks like you got them down another $3000 or so. Did you negotiate in person or over phone/email?

I bought mine from Laura as well. By far the best experience I've had buying a vehicle. They are a high volume dealer and don't usually negotiate, but never hurts to try.
MSRP on my truck was $62,200 and $500 trade.... OTD was $44k.
I looked around quite awhile and never found a deal nearly as good.

Last edited:

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I bought mine from Laura as well. By far the best experience I've had buying a vehicle. They are a high volume dealer and don't usually negotiate, but never hurts to try.
MSRP on my truck was $62,200 and $500 trade.... OTD was $44k.
I looked around quite awhile and never found a deal nearly as good.

What’s the name of the dealership that Laura works at? I would like to look into them as well. Thanks!!

Texasmouth

Reaction score
Just bought my truck on Monday
2019 Big horn. I don't think I have any extra options.
MSRP: $55,500
Out the door with TTL: $40,950 with 1.9% financing from Chrysler

I had the price lower but if I wanted the 1.9% I lost one of the rebates.
They tried to offer me $5,800 for my 2009 Ram 1500 Big Horn that I bought from THEM 10 years ago. I wanted $8,000 for it but they ended up giving me $7,800 for it so I was happy.

I had 20 inch rock star rims and I wanted to swap them with the rims and tires on the new truck and they said they weren't allowed to do that and it could void my warranty. Sounded like BS to me. They also didnt have a white big horn without these ugly rims.

Texasmouth

Reaction score
I just negotiated the following deal on a 2019 Rebel with the 12A package:

MSRP $58,305
Dealer Discount and Rebates $13,433
Dealer Fees $210
Out the door price of $45,082 before taxes. Total of 22.6% off which I think is pretty good on a Rebel.

The dealer did say the 0% financing would cause me to lose a few thousand in rebates.
I got the same thing. I ended up getting some of the rebates with 1.9% financing. I like the rebel a lot. I got a big horn.

Texasmouth

Reaction score
Sticker on my truck(Larame 1500 4x4) is 55k it was advertised at 38K i took it off the lot for 37K... i know i didnt have mine "Built" but it has everything i needed and for the price why look at something that i have to order.
Wow, you got a smoking deal.That is way better than any I have seen.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Basically, I won the lottery with my deal! Sorry to upset others just excited hahahahah

Really though without my exception to the rule deal for the "average consumer" my MSRP of $53,645 would have been EP price for me at $47,058 as I listed above.

I paid $36,400 1500 Laramie crew cab orp 4x4 and all that jaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vettnman

Reaction score
I'm getting close. Talking to about 20 different dealers right now. Best price I've heard on a brand new limited is 49,100. 2nd best is 50,900. 3rd is 54k. Also considering used if they have less than 15k miles. Best price on one of those is 47k with 13k miles. Decisions decisions

barr0208

Reaction score
Just bought my truck on Monday
2019 Big horn. I don't think I have any extra options.
MSRP: $55,500
Out the door with TTL: $40,950 with 1.9% financing from Chrysler

I had the price lower but if I wanted the 1.9% I lost one of the rebates.
They tried to offer me $5,800 for my 2009 Ram 1500 Big Horn that I bought from THEM 10 years ago. I wanted $8,000 for it but they ended up giving me $7,800 for it so I was happy.

I had 20 inch rock star rims and I wanted to swap them with the rims and tires on the new truck and they said they weren't allowed to do that and it could void my warranty. Sounded like BS to me. They also didnt have a white big horn without these ugly rims.
the rims wont fit they are 5 bolt and you now have 6bolt rims on the new truck lol

Users who are viewing this thread