5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Grilleguy

Reaction score
So I can't find a 2wd Laramie in PA, MD, OH, NJ etc. So I found a couple when you get to NC and farther south.

What I don't understand is on the Chrysler incentives, because the truck will be registered in PA, I only qualify for the Mid Atlantic Business Center incentive of $5500. But, If I was going to register it in NC, it's $6500 because they are in the South East Business Center. Seems screwy to me when I'm doing the paperwork in NC. Also seems to me that the dealer (or Chrysler) is getting an extra $1000 just because of where I will register the truck. Not counting TT&L, They are down to 21% off MSRP, (19% with TT&L) so I know there's more to be had.

Anyone had any luck getting the "non resident" Business Center discount?

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I'm getting close. Talking to about 20 different dealers right now. Best price I've heard on a brand new limited is 49,100. 2nd best is 50,900. 3rd is 54k. Also considering used if they have less than 15k miles. Best price on one of those is 47k with 13k miles. Decisions decisions

Sounds like some good deals!! The limited with the options I want usually has a MSRP of around $69,300 give or take $200. So just curious what MSRP are your quotes starting at? And can you share what dealers gave you the 3 lowest quotes? Thanks!!!

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Took delivery of my 2019 Rebel about a week ago. Fairly basic truck so MSRP was about $52K. Ended up paying $43K so, if my math is correct, that's about 17% off MSRP. No air suspension and basic interior (3.5" screen, no sun roofs or anything) which is exactly now I wanted the truck. Not a huge fan of the dealer I used, but they had the truck I wanted at model year end.

Last edited:

Vettnman

Reaction score
Sounds like some good deals!! The limited with the options I want usually has a MSRP of around $69,300 give or take $200. So just curious what MSRP are your quotes starting at? And can you share what dealers gave you the 3 lowest quotes? Thanks!!!

Give me a few days as I may jump on one of them. Msrp on mine are usually 66 or less

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Give me a few days as I may jump on one of them. Msrp on mine are usually 66 or less

It teally depends on region apparently. The dude I worked with was supper honest. He told me the dealers who have the best deals usually don’t have the best precious months sales for the area. He said if you then see a bunch of good deals it’s that they want that dealership to step it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasmouth

Reaction score
After reading all of these posts I am starting to think I didnt get a very good deal. The MSRP with dealer markup BS was $55k. I know no one in their right mind has ever paid this before. I got $7,800 for my truck and I paid $40,980 out the door with TTL and everything. I lost some rebate by going with the 1.9% financing. I was literally at the dealership for over 4 hours negotiating and I actually asked for my keys and went to my truck and they came and stopped me in the parking lot. Just looking at everything here and thinking about it, I feel like maybe I should have asked for more. I hate these rims and tires. I don't like that it didn't come with the off road suspension or steps/nerf bars.

Jflores14

Reaction score
Bought a 2019 Laramie Sport MSRP 57,000 k + for 40,000 out the door. I think that was solid. It sounds like some have done better.
Pretty sure that's as good a deal that anyone could achieve. Did it involve a trade? Also did you purchase in June?

Vettnman

Reaction score

So I'm going to pass on the 49,100 deal on the Limited, primarily because it doesnt have the sunroof. it's at tim short in ky, delmonico red if someone wants that. Talk to kyle

Pahey345

Reaction score
Pretty sure that's as good a deal that anyone could achieve. Did it involve a trade? Also did you purchase in June?
Yes it involved a trade. Surprisingly the dealer gave me a good trade value and I did buy on June 27th.

Texasmouth

Reaction score
Bought a 2019 Laramie Sport MSRP 57,000 k + for 40,000 out the door. I think that was solid. It sounds like some have done better.
IS it 4x4? DId you have a trade in? That is a smoking deal. Did better than me for sure.

cnyram

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 Rebel fairly loaded. Started searching with the inventory search and kept going farther and farther out until I found one in the color I wanted with the panaramic sunroof, leather and the 12" screen in Max Steel where the dealer had what looked like a legitimate discounted price. I was going to wait for a 2020 but contacted the out of state dealer. List was $58910, the dealer discounted it to $51286 minus $5500 in rebates plus $699 dealer fee and $45 in other fees. Total out the door before taxes and my trade $46530. If I'm calculating it correctly, it was 21% off sticker. I think I was a couple grand low on my trade in value, but the dealer sales people I dealt with were direct and no bs, other than maybe my trade. But in their defense I live 6 1/2 hours away so they were making a safe assessment on photos and it did have a significant repaired accident.

Anyway a solid thank yoiu to everyone on this thread as I almost doubled the best discount I could get locally due to info and experience I picked up reading this thread for the past 3 weeks. In fact other than one local dealer, all the remaining dealers would only give the factory rebates and a dealer discount of $500, being told in the process that they don't discount the Rebel because it's an "elite" vehicle because it's "like the Raptor". The sales people who mentioned the Raptor had never heard of the TRX. Anyway, thanks again. Owned Chevy trucks my whole life and I love this truck!

Vettnman

Reaction score
So I've been planning on buying a new or possibly even used limited but every truck I've seen, I'm about 4-5k off the deal I want. Exception was a 19 new limited for 49100 but it was missi g a sunroof and had the tow package. So started looking at Laramie with level 2 package. Here's a deal ive been offered. Tell what yall think. 19 brand new laramie level 2. Comes with sunroof , leather, 12" uconnect, 4wd, etc. Msrp is $61795. Sale price is $48795. Otd price is $51569.

Pahey345

Reaction score
So I've been planning on buying a new or possibly even used limited but every truck I've seen, I'm about 4-5k off the deal I want. Exception was a 19 new limited for 49100 but it was missi g a sunroof and had the tow package. So started looking at Laramie with level 2 package. Here's a deal ive been offered. Tell what yall think. 19 brand new laramie level 2. Comes with sunroof , leather, 12" uconnect, 4wd, etc. Msrp is $61795. Sale price is $48795. Otd price is $51569.
I’d try to get 5 k lower. There are some dealers that will do it, but you might have to be patient. You might be able to score 20k off around December.

Vettnman

Reaction score
I’d try to get 5 k lower. There are some dealers that will do it, but you might have to be patient. You might be able to score 20k off around December.

That would be 18k off msrp. Havent heard of any deals like that since june. This one is 13k. Also, I asked a guy I trust involved in Chrysler sales and he said there likely wouldnt be any huge discounts because they had done such a good job of selling trucks. I'm a little skeptical....

Users who are viewing this thread