5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

PedalMonk

Reaction score
Nice chart, Thanks!! Some things to consider........

1. Doc fees and title fee are usually a set amount, not a percentage I believe. These are set by each dealer and the state where the vehicle will be titled in

2. Maybe add a line for destination charge as that is standard on all purchases and should be a part of Out The Door (OTD) price

3. Maybe consider breaking down what the actual dealer discount is on one line and then the total of incentives/ rebates on another line

Thank you for your time on this chart!
Thanks for your feedback :)

1. Because tax, fees, registration, and other doc fees are different for each state, I felt it was better to leave this as a percentage. For example, I live in California. I have always know that it is about 11-12% for all of this. The biggest being taxes and registration. We are taxed around 9%(depending on country) and registration is pretty high(usually more than $500 for trucks). Those two things alone bring the price up close to 10% and then add another 1-2% for everything else. I don't know what the taxes and fees are in other states.

2. Is the destination charge not taxed? I ask because this is part of the "Truck MSRP" line. It's on the window sticker so I thought it is part of the price? Should I add it after adjusting for MSRP minus the discount?

3. I can certainly add the incentives and rebates. Does anybody know if this is before or after tax? I think that's important to know.

Thanks!

SDVmnt

Reaction score
Working on a 2020 laramie now. MSRP of 69705. Offering me 61974 . SO close to 12% off of msrp plus 2000 in rebates bringing price to $59,974. Is it too early on the 20's to try for more than 12%? Or other rebates I should ask for?

4th Ram and aside from the '17 powerwagon i'm in now.. All previous Rams have been a model year old so the discounts were pretty substantial.

Last edited:

PedalMonk

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback :)

1. Because tax, fees, registration, and other doc fees are different for each state, I felt it was better to leave this as a percentage. For example, I live in California. I have always know that it is about 11-12% for all of this. The biggest being taxes and registration. We are taxed around 9%(depending on country) and registration is pretty high(usually more than $500 for trucks). Those two things alone bring the price up close to 10% and then add another 1-2% for everything else. I don't know what the taxes and fees are in other states.

2. Is the destination charge not taxed? I ask because this is part of the "Truck MSRP" line. It's on the window sticker so I thought it is part of the price? Should I add it after adjusting for MSRP minus the discount?

3. I can certainly add the incentives and rebates. Does anybody know if this is before or after tax? I think that's important to know.

Thanks!

OK, I added a rebates line. I left off destination charge as that is a non-negotiable price that is added to the price of the vehicle. It's part of the "Truck MSRP".

As for incentives...Is this just the 0% interest rate or are there other incentives that I need to add a line for?

I also added a discount percentage calculator so you know how much of a discount the dealer is giving you based on price.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ErraticRebel

Reaction score
This is my first post. Not sure how mine us calculated as it was used 3200 miles, 4 months in service.
2019 Rebel
MSRP 54,125
Owner had added - Red spray in bed liner, 15% tinted, throttle response programmer and custom exhaust.
Bought it for $42k + ttf

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first post. Not sure how mine us calculated as it was used 3200 miles, 4 months in service.
2019 Rebel
MSRP 54,125
Owner had added - Red spray in bed liner, 15% tinted, throttle response programmer and custom exhaust.
Bought it for $42k + ttf

Red bed liner eh? Would love to see a pick of that.

tpetty

Reaction score
I've been trying to get email quotes for custom ordering a 2020 Longhorn. Most dealers seem reluctant - and of course want to talk on the phone or visit.

Best I've gotten so far, and from a very close, low volume dealer to boot, is for 1% under invoice - and the offer to print off any current rebates at the time I order, and they will apply those (if better than current rebates when I take delivery.)

I'm still waiting to hear from the closest high volume dealer, not sure what is taking so long with them.

Jato

Reaction score
The bed extender rubber grommet does not show for a 2019 rebel.but the swivel handle does . Will they both work on my 19 rebel?

Vettnman

Reaction score
So , I just sold my laramie ecodiesel so now the search really begins. I'd really like to go the limited route. Went today and looked at a black on black with a sticker of 65k. They came at me with a price otd of 57k. Felt like that was still high and could do a lot better, especially with the 20s hitting the lot. What do you guys think on that deal? Wait even longer on the 19s? For the incentives??

Jflores14

Reaction score
So , I just sold my laramie ecodiesel so now the search really begins. I'd really like to go the limited route. Went today and looked at a black on black with a sticker of 65k. They came at me with a price otd of 57k. Felt like that was still high and could do a lot better, especially with the 20s hitting the lot. What do you guys think on that deal? Wait even longer on the 19s? For the incentives??
Not sure where your located and what all is in the OTD price since every state is diff for sales tax and reg fees..
Push for $10k dealer discount + incentives. Where I'm located that's another $4k or so. So where I'm at it would be $51k +TTL

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
New to forum. Just traded my 2011 Tundra in on a 2019 Bighorn/Lonestar Sport Quad Cab 4X4. LOVE IT!

Sticker $48,990,00
Dealer Discount $6,900.00
Rebates $4,500.00
Net Price $37,590.00
Percentage off MSRP 26.334%

Equipped with;
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl exterior paint
Customer Preferred Package 25Z
Sport Appearance Package
Trailer Tow Group
Off-Road Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Front and Rear Rubber floor mats
3.92 Axle ratio
5.7 Hemi
33 Gal fuel tank
Uconnect 4C with Nav 8.4 inch display

Attachments

• 20190909_191742.jpg
    20190909_191742.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 80

RAM_newbie

Reaction score
Bit of frustration. Why is the car buying process so dang difficult? A dealership that is up front and doesn't make the buyer feel like they need to take a shower after a visit would be amazing. Every time I try to start the process it get frustrated.
In GA, around Savannah, hoping to find a dealership I can deal with within driving distance. Hoping to buy my first RAM Laramie soon.

airgas1998

Reaction score
^^^^yep, welcome to the car buying experience..you can however greatly reduce that frustration by negotiating online...

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^yep, welcome to the car buying experience..you can however greatly reduce that frustration by negotiating online...
Started my process online with an internet salesman. The "e-mail me for the lowest price" ended up being the lowest price even after an hour in the showroom.

Jim L

Reaction score
Bit of frustration. Why is the car buying process so dang difficult? A dealership that is up front and doesn't make the buyer feel like they need to take a shower after a visit would be amazing. Every time I try to start the process it get frustrated.
In GA, around Savannah, hoping to find a dealership I can deal with within driving distance. Hoping to buy my first RAM Laramie soon.
Went through 7 ram dealers with 3 out of state and 5 plus hours away before I found a manger to order my 2020 Laramie

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, that's about what I paid in April for mine. $64K and I got it after all taxes and fees (the stupid $799 doc fee) for like $58. Now mind you we don't pay what Cali owners do for taxes...

dozbubba

Reaction score
Have you tried Jimmy Britt in Statesboro?

Users who are viewing this thread