5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what weighs 72 pounds more on a longhorn Vs a limited? Maybe it’s all those buckles they used for decoration :cool:

illucid

Reaction score

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mines not a bighorn. It's a sport model only in Canada. Mines pretty loaded with options that's why my payload is lower.
Yes, I seen it was a sport, which is why I have sport after your name, but it is based off the bighorn...guess I could have listed it differently, but I just added it in that category.

If I get a chance I will make an adjustment.
It was really just to show the spread of options.

The average bighorn is closer to your payload than the higher payload in that category.

There will be more trim options soon...gonna have to update a few lists here.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited 1127 @thcmas35
1556 @Deshatt
Longhorn 1069 @SpeedyV
1293 @19llhpb
Laramie 1205 @Grayfuji
1786 @356
Rebel 1309 @t_george77
1623 @ truck nationals
Bighorn 1425 @illucid sport
1876 @T_Strey5 test drive
Tradesman 1709 dealer pic
1793 @VectorZ loaner

Lowest and highest per trim from this thread
Wow! Didn’t’ expect to be on the high end per trim level. Nice post. Out here in the wide open, as long as I’m not going down the road to far or if I am only in the fields and pastures the payload max weight is whatever I say it is.;)

th3duke

Reaction score
Funny my Rebel is 1446 lbs. I have it pretty much fully loaded - the only thing I didn't get was the Rambox. Based on the max payload of 1840 - I lost 394 lbs of payload capacity because of the options I chose (running boards, moonroof, air suspension, etc...) - I guess it's not too bad.
RamRebel.jpg

Last edited:

th3duke

Reaction score
Funny my Rebel is 1446 lbs. I have it fully loaded (included sunroof and air suspension), only thing I didn't get was the Rambox.

This thread had me thinking about overall abilities of our trucks, and man ohh man, am I ever happy I have the 3.92 - I still can't believe there's a 3,100 lb towing capacity difference - that's definitely the best $50 anyone will spend in my opinion.

The Official Towing Chart from RAM identifies our trucks with the 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3.92, Crew 5.7 box capable of towing 11,340 lbs and a max payload of 1,840 lbs (see attached snippet).
2019_RAM_4x4_Crew_Trailer_Official_Towing_Specs.PNG

What's interesting is the BSG (e-torque) makes you lose 90 lbs of towing capacity - I guess that e-torque and batteries take a bit of extra weight, BUT this also affects your payload too! So if I had e-torque, I would have had a payload of 1, 356 lbs (based solely on my truck's trim and options - my payload is 1446 )?

Or

I guess it would be 1,336 since the e-torque payload is 1, 780 instead of 1,840? since I would need to add 60 lbs, and already lost 394 lbs of payload. Follow?

Based on the difference in total weight; 63 lbs (they say 60, but the base weight is more accurate) less payload based on total weight difference?

I'm wondering how this should be interpreted, because the e-torque seems to affect both payload and max towing. The weight in front is heavier and in the back lighter too...

Last edited:

768mph

Reaction score
This thread had me thinking about overall abilities of our trucks, and man ohh man, am I ever happy I have the 3.92 - I still can't believe there's a 3,100 lb towing capacity difference - that's definitely the best $50 anyone will spend in my opinion.

The Official Towing Chart from RAM identifies our trucks with the 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3.92, Crew 5.7 box capable of towing 11,340 lbs and a max payload of 1,840 lbs (see attached snippet).
View attachment 8048

What's interesting is the BSG (e-torque) makes you lose 90 lbs of towing capacity - I guess that e-torque and batteries take a bit of extra weight, BUT this also affects your payload too! So if I had e-torque, I would have had a payload of 1, 356 lbs (based solely on my truck's trim and options - my payload is 1446 )?

Or

I guess it would be 1,336 since the e-torque payload is 1, 780 instead of 1,840? since I would need to add 60 lbs, and already lost 394 lbs of payload. Follow?

Based on the difference in total weight; 63 lbs (they say 60, but the base weight is more accurate) less payload based on total weight difference?

I'm wondering how this should be interpreted, because the e-torque seems to affect both payload and max towing. The weight in front is heavier and in the back lighter too...

The ETorque set up is about 90lbs of equipment hanging on the motor and firewall and including the battery weight. That would explain it.

Daniel

Reaction score
Ordered it on sept 10th got it on oct 25th: Big Horn, 5.7 no e-torq, 392 diff, e-locker diff, air suspension, level 2, 26 gallon tank, front seat bench, no sun roof, no bed liner, tow package, no side steps , i ordered it this way to get the most payload witch is 1857 on my yellow sticker witch is... and when you deduct GVWR
7100 from registration weight 5033.6= 2066.40 of payload

Fred_Cagedog

Reaction score
@Daniel What cab and bed is your Bighorn? I have been looking at some CC Bighorns that have the 6'4" bed and was trying to figure out close to what the payload would be. Aside from air suspension and front bench seat, the ones I am looking at seem pretty close to the setup you have. Also, is it 4x4 or 4x2? I think the 7100 GVWR only applies to the 4x4.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Daniel What cab and bed is your Bighorn? I have been looking at some CC Bighorns that have the 6'4" bed and was trying to figure out close to what the payload would be. Aside from air suspension and front bench seat, the ones I am looking at seem pretty close to the setup you have. Also, is it 4x4 or 4x2? I think the 7100 GVWR only applies to the 4x4.
6900 for 2wd

Users who are viewing this thread