5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Funny my Rebel is 1446 lbs. I have it pretty much fully loaded - the only thing I didn't get was the Rambox. Based on the max payload of 1840 - I lost 394 lbs of payload capacity because of the options I chose (running boards, moonroof, air suspension, etc...) - I guess it's not too bad.
View attachment 8047
@th3duke , Your tire pressures are much higher than mine. I know your tires are slightly larger than the ones on the ORP (LT275/65R18C) but my prior experience is a lower pressure is needed with a larger tire. I also find it interesting that the tire pressure for the front is different than the back on yours and mine is the same front and back. 20181108_125057.jpg

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@th3duke , Your tire pressures are much higher than mine. I know your tires are slightly larger than the ones on the ORP (LT275/65R18C) but my prior experience is a lower pressure is needed with a larger tire. I also find it interesting that the tire pressure for the front is different than the back on yours and mine is the same front and back. View attachment 8217

Rebels (at least in Gen4 and I assume in Gen5 it's the same) run an LT tire with more rubber on it. It's also running an 18 wheel vs say a 20in wheel. There's a lot of tire to inflate and a bunch of truck to support. 55 front /45 back is the same as on the Gen4 rebel.
I believe the power wagon runs Erated tires too, and runs 60 front and back, but don't hold me to it!
I believe Ram picked that knowing guys were going to air these tires down and offroad, with 6000lbs of truck and person leaning at times on 2 wheels. I think they picked a tire of that strength for that reason.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Rebels (at least in Gen4 and I assume in Gen5 it's the same) run an LT tire with more rubber on it. It's also running an 18 wheel vs say a 20in wheel. There's a lot of tire to inflate and a bunch of truck to support. 55 front /45 back is the same as on the Gen4 rebel.
I believe the power wagon runs Erated tires too, and runs 60 front and back, but don't hold me to it!
I believe Ram picked that knowing guys were going to air these tires down and offroad, with 6000lbs of truck and person leaning at times on 2 wheels. I think they picked a tire of that strength for that reason.

I previously had a Toyota FJ Cruiser with a 32" tire. Then I lifted it and put a 33" MT tire on it. I put chalk on the tire tread to check how evenly the chalk wore off. I found I had to reduce the tire pressure to achieve an even contact patch across the tread. I don't remember the exact amount I had to reduce it but I think it was somewhere around 4 psi. However, The other factor I was the wheel width was slightly narrower than BF Goodrich recommended for the tire.

Daniel

Reaction score
@th3duke , Your tire pressures are much higher than mine. I know your tires are slightly larger than the ones on the ORP (LT275/65R18C) but my prior experience is a lower pressure is needed with a larger tire. I also find it interesting that the tire pressure for the front is different than the back on yours and mine is the same front and back. View attachment 8217
20181027_162933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

th3duke

Reaction score

@ptrnfan
I wonder if the other tires on these trucks are also Load E (that's what I have on my Rebel), and that's what I needed on the Ecodiesel too.

One of the main reasons for buying this package was the Tires and Rims - I know that sounds kind of stupid, but here's my logic behind the 18" (33" tire). But the different tire pressures is kind of odd to me too - I really don't understand it ( I actually plan on adding air to the back when pulling camper & boat).

I use my truck a lot (seriously a lot) off-road - not rock crawling, not for playing in the dirt/mud, etc. - I hunt Moose, Deer, Partridge in the fall, and do a whole lot of camping and fishing. When I had my GMC it came with 20 inch rims and tires (32's I think it added up to), and to me, this just defeated the practicality of a truck.

Don't get me wrong the 20's were very very good on pavement, but the minute you took it off-road it just sucked - period. I was always afraid that I would bust a tire or screw up a rim... So that's why I went back to a larger tire as it fits my needs perfectly. I thought Load E was a very high rating in terms of loading capabilities, I guess I'll have to research on the differences a bit more.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I previously had a Toyota FJ Cruiser with a 32" tire. Then I lifted it and put a 33" MT tire on it. I put chalk on the tire tread to check how evenly the chalk wore off. I found I had to reduce the tire pressure to achieve an even contact patch across the tread. I don't remember the exact amount I had to reduce it but I think it was somewhere around 4 psi. However, The other factor I was the wheel width was slightly narrower than BF Goodrich recommended for the tire.

Hmm, interesting. An FJ, such a shame they don't make that vehicle anymore.

So my understanding is that different tires may have different load tables (pardon me if I'm telling you something you know about already!)
Basically: In order to Support X weight, in Y tire size, you need Z PSI to do so.
What some guys were doing with their rebels when changing tires and sizes?
Got ahold of a load table for the Toyo AT2s, then figured out what weight support they were calculating per tire.
Next they translated that to the next tire.

Lets say they figured the front tires needed to support 3,600lbs each, and the rears ____ amount.
They needed: 55PSI front, 45 rear.
And in their next new size/brand tire, it needed lets say, 57PSI Front, 47PSI rear (to support 3600lbs each in the front, etc)

@ptrnfan
I wonder if the other tires on these trucks are also Load E (that's what I have on my Rebel), and that's what I needed on the Ecodiesel too.

One of the main reasons for buying this package was the Tires and Rims - I know that sounds kind of stupid, but here's my logic behind the 18" (33" tire). But the different tire pressures is kind of odd to me too - I really don't understand it ( I actually plan on adding air to the back when pulling camper & boat).

I use my truck a lot (seriously a lot) off-road - not rock crawling, not for playing in the dirt/mud, etc. - I hunt Moose, Deer, Partridge in the fall, and do a whole lot of camping and fishing. When I had my GMC it came with 20 inch rims and tires (32's I think it added up to), and to me, this just defeated the practicality of a truck.

Don't get me wrong the 20's were very very good on pavement, but the minute you took it off-road it just sucked - period. I was always afraid that I would bust a tire or screw up a rim... So that's why I went back to a larger tire as it fits my needs perfectly. I thought Load E was a very high rating in terms of loading capabilities, I guess I'll have to research on the differences a bit more.

I don't think that's crazy. I believe that's why the auto-makers seem to generally default to a 17-18in wheel (and 31/32in tire) at times in offroad trim. It needs to bounce on that tire! If you ask me, say 22in wheels might be awesome on a street truck. Would I go mudding in that track? maybe not!

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. An FJ, such a shame they don't make that vehicle anymore.

So my understanding is that different tires may have different load tables (pardon me if I'm telling you something you know about already!)
Basically: In order to Support X weight, in Y tire size, you need Z PSI to do so.
What some guys were doing with their rebels when changing tires and sizes?
Got ahold of a load table for the Toyo AT2s, then figured out what weight support they were calculating per tire.
Next they translated that to the next tire.

Lets say they figured the front tires needed to support 3,600lbs each, and the rears ____ amount.
They needed: 55PSI front, 45 rear.
And in their next new size/brand tire, it needed lets say, 57PSI Front, 47PSI rear (to support 3600lbs each in the front, etc)

I don't think that's crazy. I believe that's why the auto-makers seem to generally default to a 17-18in wheel (and 31/32in tire) at times in offroad trim. It needs to bounce on that tire! If you ask me, say 22in wheels might be awesome on a street truck. Would I go mudding in that track? maybe not!
Your right I did know some of that. I believe the BFG's I got were C rated. I wanted more flex in the side wall and the vehicle light enough to use them. I just looked at the Wildpeak A/T3W that came on my ORP and they are C rated as well. I'm not sure what rating the tires on the Rebel are rated. I'm sure there are reasons for it, I just found it odd since overall the Rebel CC and my Laramie CC with ORP are similar.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Came across this article

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/04/2018-chevrolet-silverado-1500-vs-2019-ram-1500-quick-spin.html

Very interesting info in the specs section.

Chevy...scale weight 5540
GVWR. 7200
loading sticker 1570
Observed. 1660
Ram....scale weight 5400
GVWR. 7100
Loading sticker 1715
Observed. 1700

Very interesting the Ram weighs less. The Chevy has a 100 lb higher GVWR but the Ram has 150 lb higher rear axle rating.

The most interesting thing, the Ram actually has less payload than rated and the Chevy actually has more than rated.

This makes everything more confusing lol.

Drewsky510

Reaction score
The e-torque and Off-Road Package weighs more than I thought it would. The VIN lookup on Ram's website gave me a 1,780 lb payload figure so I was disappointed when I looked at the actual sticker. I want to add a Diamondback SE cover (weighing ~80lbs) giving me 1,265 payload after that...I doubt I would have made any changes but still wish auto manufacturers made it a little more clear while in the research process.

Also, does adding larger tires change your payload rating too? I am looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler which weigh 48lbs per tire (275/60R20 116T XL) andhave a slightly higher load rating than the stock Falken tires.

Payload.jpg

Daniel

Reaction score
here is my sticker ,BigHorn, no skid plates, 5.7, 392, no E-TORK, level 2 , front bench no bucket seats, no bed liner, no side steps, no sun roof,1857 payload sticker.jpg

Daniel

Reaction score
Thanks i ordered it that way by checking with a Tradesman a the dealer with a similar payload so i can tow a fifth wheel so with my truck weight 5033 so gcwr 7100 - 5033 = 2067 of real payload

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks i ordered it that way by checking with a Tradesman a the dealer with a similar payload so i can tow a fifth wheel so with my truck weight 5033 so gcwr 7100 - 5033 = 2067 of real payload
I see your truck is 4x4. That is pretty impressive payload.

Daniel

Reaction score
your truck is 4wd?
big horn level 2, air suspension, 4x4, 3.92, e-locker, 5.7, quad cab 6.4 bed, no sun roof, no side steps, no spray in bed protect, regular front bench, 26 gal gas tank, no tonneau cover

So if you take what the frame can take GCWR 7100 - CURB weight 5034 = 2066 (Curb weght is written on registration)that is the REAL truck weight

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

slimchance

Reaction score
ok .. here are my pixs for my wife's 2019 hemi w/etorque ... hopes this helps 20181130_2019 ram_resized.jpg 20181130_my 2019 ram_001_resized.jpg

Attachments

• dodge larime 2019 WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My payload sticker says 1293lbs, how about 1700lbs. With the lift it actually sits level with no rake at all when empty. Didn’t squat as much as I thought it might and handled very well. Need my in-coil rear air bags! Still waiting. Obviously didn’t drive far or too fast like this. C1C73F7C-A362-4A7A-B709-18978AEDC1D7.jpeg DFBABC84-6D11-4CAC-92C6-C22254AE935E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread