5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

PaGregSS

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday from Koons. This is my first Ram. I've had 2 Silverados and 1 Sierra prior. I was worried making the switch. The 200 mile ride home was all I needed to say this truck is better in every way. Today, I begin to mod.

MarkLV

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new to the forum as of today, I ordered my new ram today
dont have any info yet my dealer said he would get me something tomorrow to confirm they got the order.
here is my truck as I ordered it; I will update this as I get more info. I had several rams over the years, this is by far an amazing truck. Cant wait to get it. my 2014 laramie was nice but this will move the bar way up!!

Laramie 4x4 Crew Cat, 3.6L eTorque, Flame Red , Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats, Black interior, Rear Wheelhouse Liners, Anti Spin, Power Running Boards, Depoloyable Bed Step, Bed Utility Group, Sport Appearance Pack, Advanced Safety Group, Laramie Level 2, Air Suspension 4-Corner, Uconnect 12.0 with Navigation, 22In black wheels, rambox, panoramic sunroof,
rubber mats, and trailer brake control.

Jackham

Reaction score
My dealer texted me today and let me know my truck is in Laurel, Montana. Only about 90 miles away but it can get hung up there anyway. However I can't get it for a couple more weeks so okay with that.

Viking42

Reaction score
Already two weeks passed, waiting for delivery to canada, seems every step of my order is tremendously long
Ordered 11/27/2018
KZ Status 3/13/2019

Last edited:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My arrived in New Jersey yesterday which is probably 30 mi away from my dealer in New York. But unfortunately my dealer says I don't see it coming in this week. Really! It's going to be so close and sit there for a whole week. It was assembled in less time lol

Silvertoy

Reaction score
Order for 2019, 1500, CC Bighorn 6.4,..
Order placed on 3/26 @ Tunkhannock Auto Mart, Tunkhannock, Pa
Checking status on Ram chat...
3/26 Von#
3/27 Vin#
3/28 D Status.
3/30 D1 status
4/1 D1 status
4/3 D1 status
4/5 D1 status
4/8 JB status! Woohoo
4/9 KZ status!!! Double WoooHoo.
4/11 KZ New Boston, Awaiting shipment.
4/22 Yep, I got too excited, been traveling on that same train from New Boston, MI to Twin Oaks, PA for 12 days now...

Last edited:

JackBurton63

Reaction score
Heard from customer support today that my Truck is on a truck heading to the dealership. Still no information from the dealership about an ETA.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heard from customer support today that my Truck is on a truck heading to the dealership. Still no information from the dealership about an ETA.

Where's it going to? Mine should be in the same situation. Got off loaded off the rail car at 10:05 last night. Hoping it would be on a truck and to dealer today or tomorrow, but dealer knows nothing. Plus, I think my dealer's sales manager (who I have only been dealing with from the start) has Tuesday's off. Bummer! :cautious: lol

JackBurton63

Reaction score
Where's it going to? Mine should be in the same situation. Got off loaded off the rail car at 10:05 last night. Hoping it would be on a truck and to dealer today or tomorrow, but dealer knows nothing. Plus, I think my dealer's sales manager (who I have only been dealing with from the start) has Tuesday's off. Bummer! :cautious: lol
It's going to City Dodge/Ram in Burlington NJ.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's going to City Dodge/Ram in Burlington NJ.
Mine is going to Garden City, LI, NY.
I know for a fact they came in on the same train. It got into Doremus vehicle rail yard in New Jersey at 4:30 p.m. last night and I know my truck was offloaded off of the train car at 10:03. So yours was hopefully put on a truck today and might be there by now. I haven't heard from my dear yet but I think he's off today.

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Ordered 3/6. Had the VIN and VON pretty quick but the tracking web site would never give me an update. Customer service said the week of 25th I should have an update. Still nothing via web site, tried both Chrome and Explorer. Called my sales guy at dealership.

10 minutes later he sends me a screenshot - truck on train headed to CA, arrival by end of week - probably at dealer depending on full loads, etc.. by next week. Start to finish potentially 30 days.

Not sure the process can take so long for some and be so short for others. I checked the VIN they gave me to the build sheet which now populates, has all my specs listed.

A lot can happen but hopefully next week delivery. Now I need to get moving and get mods ordered - have less time than I figured on!!

JackBurton63

Reaction score
Mine is going to Garden City, LI, NY.
I know for a fact they came in on the same train. It got into Doremus vehicle rail yard in New Jersey at 4:30 p.m. last night and I know my truck was offloaded off of the train car at 10:03. So yours was hopefully put on a truck today and might be there by now. I haven't heard from my dear yet but I think he's off today.
I hope that's true. I did reach out to my dealership but my salesman thanked me for the update and didn't provide me any information. My family has bought four Hyundai's from this dealership and this is the worst service I've had there.

Jeff270

Reaction score
Ordered 3/6. Had the VIN and VON pretty quick but the tracking web site would never give me an update. Customer service said the week of 25th I should have an update. Still nothing via web site, tried both Chrome and Explorer. Called my sales guy at dealership.

10 minutes later he sends me a screenshot - truck on train headed to CA, arrival by end of week - probably at dealer depending on full loads, etc.. by next week. Start to finish potentially 30 days.

Not sure the process can take so long for some and be so short for others. I checked the VIN they gave me to the build sheet which now populates, has all my specs listed.

A lot can happen but hopefully next week delivery. Now I need to get moving and get mods ordered - have less time than I figured on!!
What is the "tracking website" Is this the same as Ram Chat? Thanks

JeffK2019

Reaction score
What is the "tracking website" Is this the same as Ram Chat? Thanks

You should be able to put your last name and the last 8 digits of the VIN or your actual VON into this site for real time updates.
https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/vots/

With that said - I never got it to work for mine as it just kept cycling making me think it was not in the system yet. Turns out it was being built the whole time. You can also plug your VIN into this site (just swap your VIN at the end if the URL here) and get the full equipment listing on your build. This was how I confirmed mine.
https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFLT8KN545450

Good luck.

mharringer

Reaction score
You should be able to put your last name and the last 8 digits of the VIN or your actual VON into this site for real time updates.
https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/vots/

With that said - I never got it to work for mine as it just kept cycling making me think it was not in the system yet. Turns out it was being built the whole time. You can also plug your VIN into this site (just swap your VIN at the end if the URL here) and get the full equipment listing on your build. This was how I confirmed mine.
https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFLT8KN545450

Good luck.

The VOTs link has evidently been dead for months/years now. It just sits and spins....:(

RamChat has no idea where my truck is. The dealer says it was offloaded from the train and waiting for a truck to come to Idaho!

ptrz85

Reaction score
Order Placed Today - 3/27/19!
2019 Ram 1500 Sport (Canada) 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" Bed
Patriot Blue, 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS Engine, 3.21 Axle, 22" Rims
Level 2 Equipment Group w/ Leather & Sound Group
Bed Utility Group, Blind Spot/Cross Path Detection
Class IV Hitch, Spray in Bedliner, Dual Pane Sunroof
Rambox Cargo Management, Deployable Bed Step
Power Running Boards, Sport Performance Hood

I flip flopped for quite a while on the Black Appearance package and the Patriot Blue - literally down to the second.
Black is sleek with the 22's but I see them everywhere and my previous 2 trucks were all black. The blue should add a nice sporty freshness in my lineup.

I had a 2013 Ram Sport and had to switch to F150 Lariat through work for the past few years - Lariat is nice but nothing compares to the ride quality and sexyness of these Rams!

Pitcom

Reaction score
My truck arrived yesterday, headed in to pick it up in a few days. Took exactly 4 weeks from the day of order to day of delivery.

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score
Communication with Ram Care Chat has provided the most information regarding the time frame for my specific build; however, this information has been mostly disconcerting. I have been stuck in "D" status for 16 days ("Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage."). I see that most trucks get into "D1" status after 5-7 days. I am curious if this comparably lengthy time spent in D status is indicative of problems to come and a longer wait for vehicle build completion and ultimate delivery. Please advise!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

So my truck ships from Sterling heights Michigan to dormas New Jersey by train. It arrived in New Jersey Monday. It has been offloaded and is sitting in the vehicle lot in New Jersey waiting to be put on a truck and sent to the dealer in New York. The status of the vehicle is dealer hold. Has anyone ever seen or heard of what a dealer hold is? I brought that to the attention of my dealer and he said they are not putting a hold on it. Our concern was that they're trying to hold it until April because they already met their quota. I know the status of the truck because I have a friend who works for Chrysler and was able to view the tracking record of my VIN. So my question is has anyone else ever had their truck sit for 3 4 or more days at the final leg before it ships to the dealer. It would only take an hour and a half to get to the dealer yet it's sitting there for several days. And finally what exactly is a dealer hold and who puts that hold on it. As I said my dealer says it's not them but was totally unable to find out who did or why?

"Somebody's got some 'splaining to do!". Lol

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

So my truck ships from Sterling heights Michigan to dormas New Jersey by train. It arrived in New Jersey Monday. It has been offloaded and is sitting in the vehicle lot in New Jersey waiting to be put on a truck and sent to the dealer in New York. The status of the vehicle is dealer hold. Has anyone ever seen or heard of what a dealer hold is? I brought that to the attention of my dealer and he said they are not putting a hold on it. Our concern was that they're trying to hold it until April because they already met their quota. I know the status of the truck because I have a friend who works for Chrysler and was able to view the tracking record of my VIN. So my question is has anyone else ever had their truck sit for 3 4 or more days at the final leg before it ships to the dealer. It would only take an hour and a half to get to the dealer yet it's sitting there for several days. And finally what exactly is a dealer hold and who puts that hold on it. As I said my dealer says it's not them but was totally unable to find out who did or why?

"Somebody's got some 'splaining to do!". Lol
My dealer said once the truck was unloaded from the train it would be "held" until a full truck load was headed in the direction of their dealership. My dealer didn't expect this to be very long and I don't think it involved any status change.

As a side note - the national rebate/incentives on Limited's was not great for March - might be a silver lining if the truck holds off for delivery into April. Mine is due to hit the dealer next week potentially and I am hoping April 1 hits with some nice improvements on rebate $ (knowing my luck even the $1,000 will disappear!!).

Users who are viewing this thread