5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer said once the truck was unloaded from the train it would be "held" until a full truck load was headed in the direction of their dealership. My dealer didn't expect this to be very long and I don't think it involved any status change.

As a side note - the national rebate/incentives on Limited's was not great for March - might be a silver lining if the truck holds off for delivery into April. Mine is due to hit the dealer next week potentially and I am hoping April 1 hits with some nice improvements on rebate $ (knowing my luck even the $1,000 will disappear!!).

thanks for the info. That's what I was thinking also they won't send it out until the truck is full but my dealer actually got a truck full of 1500 trucks just yesterday so a full truck went their way and a sold order should definitely take priority over a dealer allocation. Yes helping April would be better I ordered February hoping March would be better but nothing showed up for limits only bighorns

Kravin

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this?

So my truck ships from Sterling heights Michigan to dormas New Jersey by train. It arrived in New Jersey Monday. It has been offloaded and is sitting in the vehicle lot in New Jersey waiting to be put on a truck and sent to the dealer in New York. The status of the vehicle is dealer hold. Has anyone ever seen or heard of what a dealer hold is? I brought that to the attention of my dealer and he said they are not putting a hold on it. Our concern was that they're trying to hold it until April because they already met their quota. I know the status of the truck because I have a friend who works for Chrysler and was able to view the tracking record of my VIN. So my question is has anyone else ever had their truck sit for 3 4 or more days at the final leg before it ships to the dealer. It would only take an hour and a half to get to the dealer yet it's sitting there for several days. And finally what exactly is a dealer hold and who puts that hold on it. As I said my dealer says it's not them but was totally unable to find out who did or why?

"Somebody's got some 'splaining to do!". Lol
Very interesting, I"m in the same boat. My truck has been sitting at the rail yard since Monday. The dealer said they are backed up unloading and that he's sure it'll be available on April 1st.

I was suprised they weren't pushing to have a sale at th end of the month.

Jackham

Reaction score
My truck arrived yesterday, headed in to pick it up in a few days. Took exactly 4 weeks from the day of order to day of delivery.
Astonishing. I ordered December 31st. Not quite there yet. (rail yards 120 miles away.

Jeff270

Reaction score
Ordered mine on March 1st. Status from Ram Chat is KZ and " please direct any further questions to your dealer". Talked with dealer an hour ago and he expects to have it in hand 4/3.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered mine on March 1st. Status from Ram Chat is KZ and " please direct any further questions to your dealer". Talked with dealer an hour ago and he expects to have it in hand 4/3.
You can keep.calling Ram Chat. Phone call will get you more luck at getting info than the Chat. I was able to get status info on every trip and stop of the train on its way to the dealer. Just say Hi, xxxx, how is your day too? That little bit softens them up big time. 4 out of 5 looked way into it to the check-ins to give status. Good luck. It's fun atuff. It's like tracking Santa

jonesy

Reaction score
I ordered thru Jeff Dambrosio in Downingtown. Previously brought my Alfa Giulia thru them as well. Both sales and service have always treated me well. You have to be an educated consumer no matter where you go, but the sales guys I’ve dealt with have been great and for Alfa Service both managers and techs have been fantastic.
@Keemosabe are you in the Downingtown area?

steeltkb

Reaction score
Already two weeks passed, waiting for delivery to canada, seems every step of my order is tremendously long
Ordered 11/27/2018
KZ Status 3/13/2019

That's awful, congratulations though! Yours wasn't a fleet order, by any chance?

phenegar

Reaction score
Ordered truck on 3/18. As of 3/26 dealer said no vin yet. Is this normal? I see posts where people get vin in a few days. Looking forward to being able to track its progress.

steeltkb

Reaction score
So, they finally turned on the light at the beginning of my tunnel. They said today that I went to D1 on 3/21, so that must have been updated just after I called last time. They said my build is still scheduled to begin on April Fool's Day, so at least there's that.

WhitbyRam

Reaction score
Signed on 3/16 so assume ordered 3/18, VIN on 3/25. Not sure how to check any further as it is a Canadian order and dealer not saying much other than 6-8 weeks. Been thru this before.....2013 order took 24 weeks end to end.

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
Ordered truck on 3/18. As of 3/26 dealer said no vin yet. Is this normal? I see posts where people get vin in a few days. Looking forward to being able to track its progress.
I had a similar response from my dealer at the beginning of the month. After some investigation I found that it wasn't actually ordered despite giving them a deposit. If they can't provide the VON I would speak with the GM. Use the VON to contact customer care and they will provide the VIN.

After finally being ordered mine has been in the scheduling phase for 22 days now

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
Communication with Ram Care Chat has provided the most information regarding the time frame for my specific build; however, this information has been mostly disconcerting. I have been stuck in "D" status for 16 days ("Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage."). I see that most trucks get into "D1" status after 5-7 days. I am curious if this comparably lengthy time spent in D status is indicative of problems to come and a longer wait for vehicle build completion and ultimate delivery. Please advise!

I am getting the same response (22 days), I assume something on our trucks must be on back order since we have similar builds

phenegar

Reaction score
Good news. I got the VIN today. Thanks for the input.

mkel2010

Reaction score
I ordered on 3/22/2019 and until today FCA couldn't give me any info on the order or its status. On today's call, they were able to tell me my truck is in D status and they were able to give me a partial VIN. Earlier in the week, FCA told me it took 7 days for the order information to show up in the system they had access to. Not sure how valid that info is, however.

Jackham

Reaction score
Yea it arrived. The dealership says it beat all records for them getting from the rail yard. But alas I am in Arizona and will not be back till April 12th. So that will let them get all the bugs out.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
A couple months ago someone posted a very detailed checklist. Now that I am picking mine up tomorrow, I can not find it. Anyone have a link to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/