5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He/She 's moving! (haven't decided on a nickname yet, or a sex for that matter. haha. Maybe "Trigger" again. Or Ram-Bo!)

KZ on Mon. Put on a rail car Tues 3/19. Just now Ram Chat (phone) told me it was checked-in at 11:30ast night in Toledo, Ohio. So he's making his way NJ/NY. Very cool how we can track them the entire way.

Last edited:

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
He/She 's moving! (haven't decided on a nickname yet, or a sex for that matter. haha. Maybe "Trigger" again. Or Ram-Bo!)

KZ on Mon. Put on a rail car Tues 3/17. Just now, via Ram Chat (phone) a lovely woman told me it was checked-in lat night in Ohio at 11:30 PM. So he's making his way NJ/NY. Very cool how we can track them the entire way.

As long as you get a rep willing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mharringer

Reaction score
Sorry... You do have a longer transport time and I guessing some difficulty seeing that you're in Alaska? Hopefully you will get it soon!

That was my error. Bought from Dennis Dillon in Idaho, and while if the delivery up here was delayed it wasn't a big deal, but trying to arrange vacation to get to Boise and STILL not having an ETA is sucky!!

YgrEngr

Reaction score
Okay, so I need some help on this one. Anyone want to take a crack at deciphering this update status?

Last known whereabouts where on the 3/6. Is this saying that it is headed back to Sterling Heights? Comparing it against what others shared I would have figured to have seen it go to New Boston to get on the train... Capture2.png

TVANVA

Reaction score
Sure looks like it is going back to the factory for something.

Weird that it is trucked to Koons all the way, but maybe no available train for a while.

Mine went to Koons via train most of the way.......but truck is probably faster than train, so, lucky you.

Jeff270

Reaction score
So mine is moving a long!
3/1
Placed order

3/5 VIN obtained
RC: What an awesome vehicle you have ordered with the 2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE QUAD CAB.
The information indicates that · Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process.
The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build

3/8
I show your vehicle is currently scheduled to be built. Once it has all the parts acquired it will move to ready to build then the build process will start.

3/18
ETA n/a Status: Pre-Production (D1) 003 days in
Thank you for your patience as I have found your vehicle. At this time there is not an ETA on your vehicle. I have found a status under your vehicle at this time your status is as following: All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Please be advised you can be in this status up to 30 days I would advise checking back next week to see if an update has been made.

3/21
Your order is currently in the build process. The completed vehicle should be ready for shipping in the next few days. currently they are working on the trim. Your order is in G
7:21:41 PM

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Well... Still no solid date on my order and It was last ETA yesterday. Dealer is not giving me any information and RAM chat is holding tight as well... what a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turin

Reaction score
Ordered — 2/25/2019
D — 2/26/2019
D1 — 3/3/2019
KZ, build sheet — 3/11/2019
Window sticker — 3/12/2019
Shipped — 3/18/2019
Delivered to dealership — 3/21/2019
Going home today!

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Ordered 3/6
VIN VON 3/10
chat today "I am showing that at this time all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

Ordered 3/6 also. Getting the same messaging. They did tell me expect progress/update on 3/25 so hopefully our builds get moving then.

enemjay

Reaction score
I picked up the truck yesterday. It was worth the wait! I love it so far. Going to get some more driving in today too.

Congratulations to those that just got their trucks. For those still waiting, remember, it's worth every bit of it.

m_rose

Reaction score
Ordered 3/9, still waiting for dealer to get a vin or von to me for tracking.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Ordered 3/9, still waiting for dealer to get a vin or von to me for tracking.

Your dealership should of had the VON the day they entered the order. I think it's worth stopping by the dealership to make sure they actually ordered your truck.

m_rose

Reaction score
Your dealership should of had the VON the day they entered the order. I think it's worth stopping by the dealership to make sure they actually ordered your truck.
I've called 3 times this week and he said he was too busy to scan the order and email it to me. I plan on stopping in after work today to get the von number or my deposit back.

Last edited:

Jeff270

Reaction score
Ordered 3/1, currently at KZ. Anyone know the average time to be in KZ before they ship?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 3/1, currently at KZ. Anyone know the average time to be in KZ before they ship?
It all depends on where it's going. Mine was in KZ for one or two days and then It was put on a real car Tuesday and it's slowly making its way to New York. It actually takes a couple of days because they stop along the way. So I think it really depends on when the next train is heading your way It may sit in storage waiting to get put on that train or it may be put on a train right away

Turin

Reaction score
Mine sat in KZ for a week before shipping but as Cmerkert said it can vary. FCA ships in lots; when and how (train vs truck) depend on where you are and when they get a full load of vehicles headed to that area. I got lucky; even though my dealership is over 600 miles from the plant, my Ram was shipped directly to the dealership by truck. (No trains, no extra legs.)

@Cmerkert — Hang in there, man, you're almost there! I picked mine up yesterday. The wait sucked but it was worth it.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine sat in KZ for a week before shipping but as Cmerkert said it can vary. FCA ships in lots; when and how (train vs truck) depend on where you are and when they get a full load of vehicles headed to that area. I got lucky; even though my dealership is over 600 miles from the plant, my Ram was shipped directly to the dealership by truck. (No trains, no extra legs.)

@Cmerkert — Hang in there, man, you're almost there! I picked mine up yesterday. The wait sucked but it was worth it.

@Turin lol. Yeah it does. I was able to track it all through the build and then once KZ info kinda stopped. Although I have been able to get 2 Ram Chat people on the phone to give me it location check-in as it moved by train. Been in Ohio for 2 days straight. Come Ohio! Lol. Figuring Sunday to NJ. Then a day or two to NY and a day to let dealer check it over. I'll send them a checklist too from here to check it with before I arrive. Hoping for Tues-Thurs of this week

Jeff270

Reaction score

Thanks!

Thats what I figured. I was kind of hoping someone would tell me there is some obscure Federal law that requires them to ship it no later then 4 hours after its built. By Fed-X, Overnight - Early AM delivery.

Thanks for crushing my dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread