5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One option you wish you had

RenoRam

Reaction score
My build sheet for my eTorque states 23 gal. Sure interested to have confirmation for those putting in more than the allotted number of gallons.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My build sheet for my eTorque states 23 gal. Sure interested to have confirmation for those putting in more than the allotted number of gallons.

So 26 gallon is standard, unless you have a 8foot box(not available yet) or it is a 23 gallon standard if you have HFE(not available yet), V6 quad, and a 5.7 eTorque Crew with 5'7 bed tradesman, big horn. rebel or laramie.

8 foot box is 33 gallon standard

@devildodge set the record straight

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Navi and bigger fueltank. With car play it wasn’t important. And worried about other options and end price took for granted it was 26 gallon tank and that display option was on 8.4 wo/Navi.

Only wanted it for display changes(tho everyone is having issues atm with it) just irritates me that I have this Laramie plus lvl truck and what I paid for it and don’t have a simple cool little option like that.

Curious, hoping for a easy swap for both in the future.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted adaptive cruise control but not the rest of the advanced safety group so I didn't order it. Still 50/50 on how annoying the lane departure and if it would be worth the annoyance to have the adaptive cruise... oh well, otherwise I got everything I ever wanted or need in my Rebel.

Last edited:

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
A lot of guys are talking down on the BUG and I get it but in reading the comments it seems that there may be different BUG features. Mine gave me the tie down rail and moveable tie downs, bed lighting and the Ram load lock that is locks into the bed with the traditional key and doubles as a bed extender. I felt like that stuff was worth $400 easy. You guys don't think so?

No those are features of the RAMBOX system read your manual or watch this Video

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say heated mirrors and adaptive cruise control. It works so well on our Subaru Outback but they won't let me have "adaptive" on loaded Rebel! ( At least I have regular cruise control.) Truck is just too dang cool to complain too much though. Its all marketing game. My 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 had heated trailer mirrors that are almost identical in looks and function. Where did heaters go? Space aliens took them? :alien:

blownout1500

Reaction score
Power folding mirrors and LED lights. Bought it off the lot and super happy with it so far, and it’s looking like these 2 are correctable.

Oh... and functioning CarPlay (mine went completely dormant after a couple of weeks).

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Rebel I custom ordered in April and had absolutely every option available except..... 1. Rambox 2. Etorque and 3. block heater. The etorque and ram box were "late availability" and I didn't really care about either. Don't need block heater in Portland, Oregon especially on a gasoline engine. I made sure that I got the two tone paint (flame red with gloss black lower) which also was restricted for a while. Many of early Rebels were just a solid color so I really wanted it to look like red/black one in brochure. The BUG option only gave me bed lights and the rail system for the money. The tow mirrors option took away the power fold feature and in mirror heaters. The soft tonneau was missing the "Rams head logo" described in brochure matrix. It has plastic latch system that doesn't hold it down to properly seal. No adjustments in its design so I added bungys inside to hold it tighter to top of box. You could look into bed at tailgate so not that secure. Thief could force it open with their hands. Had I known about it I would have spent my money on better aftermarket bed cover but it works ok for now. Just a little disappointed . So glad about getting the 33 gallon tank. Truck is so great that these things are not that big a deal.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Rebel I custom ordered in April and had absolutely every option available except..... 1. Rambox 2. Etorque and 3. block heater. The etorque and ram box were "late availability" and I didn't really care about either. Don't need block heater in Portland, Oregon especially on a gasoline engine. I made sure that I got the two tone paint (flame red with gloss black lower) which also was restricted for a while. Many of early Rebels were just a solid color so I really wanted it to look like red/black one in brochure. The BUG option only gave me bed lights and the rail system for the money. The tow mirrors option took away the power fold feature and in mirror heaters. The soft tonneau was missing the "Rams head logo" described in brochure matrix. It has plastic latch system that doesn't hold it down to properly seal. No adjustments in its design so I added bungys inside to hold it tighter to top of box. You could look into bed at tailgate so not that secure. Thief could force it open with their hands. Had I known about it I would have spent my money on better aftermarket bed cover but it works ok for now. Just a little disappointed . So glad about getting the 33 gallon tank. Truck is so great that these things are not that big a deal.

I've posted instructions on how to relocate the clamps on the soft tonneau so to make it secure and water tight. You need to be slightly mechanically able, but it's not too complicated, just tedious.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds great. I will have to search for that post. Under accessories or search your avatar name for your posts?

EStein

Reaction score
Leather, I wish I had leather. I didn’t want it when I was shopping but now I do!:cautious:

Leather was high on my list as well but I didn’t want to spring for the Laramie. Got the basic Bighorn and then added aftermarket leather from Katzkin. They do a really nice job and the leather is as good if not better than factory. Cost was about $1500. Front and back crew cab. I can post some pictures if you are interested.

EStein

Reaction score
Heated mirrors for me! I’ve seen a lot of complaints about this. What the heck? How hard could that be to heat the mirrors?
Didn’t even think about it until a couple weeks ago when the frosty mornings started. Is there an after market option?

pber1

Reaction score
Leather was high on my list as well but I didn’t want to spring for the Laramie. Got the basic Bighorn and then added aftermarket leather from Katzkin. They do a really nice job and the leather is as good if not better than factory. Cost was about $1500. Front and back crew cab. I can post some pictures if you are interested.
Yeah man if you don’t mind, post them! I can live without leather until my cloth gets raggedy lol

djwdjw

Reaction score
I'd have gone for Ramboxes if there was an identical truck on the lot with them when I was buying. But they were unobtainium on in-stock inventory for 100s of miles.

Users who are viewing this thread