5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One option you wish you had

SB89

Reaction score
For me, it's easily the remote start through mobile/app. I have remote start from the key fob but I'm not always parked close enough to use it from inside. Not worth paying for navigation that I don't use just for that option though.

Otherwise, would like to upgrade from quad to crew cab eventually, but for now, living in the city, I'd rather have the extra bed space than back row space.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would have wanted the 33 gallon tank & power step. Hmmm, more toys for me to buy lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's interesting that a lot of people want the 33 gallon tank. I debated over it and opted not to get it. My thought was yes, less filling up, but when you do, a full tank would cost you nearly $100 ($3/gallon) and it would lower the payload and towing ability with the added weight of the gasoline now on board. I only drive 1 mile to work and fill up my current trucks once a month, 2 time is Max. So I didn't see the bennefit if the added weight, fill up cost and the savings on gas fillups to justify the +$445 cost if the tank. It would take a lot of fill up Savinga to cover that price. Figure 7 gallons more only for $445

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. Trust me I fully get that and as someone who is retired I don’t drive near as much as I used to. But when I do take it on trips I don’t want to stop every 350 miles to fill it up for a 500 mile trip lol..

JDBob35a

Reaction score
^^^. Trust me I fully get that and as someone who is retired I don’t drive near as much as I used to. But when I do take it on trips I don’t want to stop every 350 miles to fill it up for a 500 mile trip lol..

I'm with ya on the trips PorBoy, It's nice to top up the 33 gal tank and have some range, Had the big tank on my F-150 so I knew I wanted the higher capacity tank. Comes in really nice when you have a trailer behind you as well, when that MPG goes to crap you need that extra fuel to stay on the road instead of at the pump.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now even with me being retired, I still don’t like making the gas pump my “ retirement “ home ha ha ha...

SacRebel

Reaction score
I would have got the upgraded speaker option. Unfortunately, I couldn’t wait for the perfect truck to roll along.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The big tank is nice last 5 Rams I had the sportster tank! Really like not being at the gas pumps all the time and look to see when Fuel is cheapest and fill up...then when price goes back up i dont need any...lol.

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
Larger fuel tank for sure. Maybe the big horn lvl 2 (miss the heated seats in the Canadian winters), but got such a smoking deal for the truck off the lot.

Maybe someone aftermarket like Titan fuel tanks will make an option.

machz

Reaction score
Adaptive cruise..... I had it in my last car and it's in my wife's car. It really makes for a relaxing drive on the highway.

Nick54

Reaction score
Adaptive cruise..... I had it in my last car and it's in my wife's car. It really makes for a relaxing drive on the highway.
Totally agree, once you learn to stop riding behind those 55mph drivers on a 70mph highway.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
Have a base Laramie I am very happy with. The only thing I really wish I had is reclining ventilated rear seats. Does anyone know if there is a mod or way to convert stationary rear seats to reclining?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish the came with the hard, thick rubber bed mats. The spray in is better than the drop in, but I anticipate it will hold a TON of beach sand. My Avalanche has the thick rubber bedmat and it's great. Soft on the knees, durable, and cleans out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread