5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One option you wish you had

silverbullet

Reaction score
A 2020 model year....Hopefully after one full year of production they'll have the HVAC programmed correctly, hopefully.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
It's not a big deal, but I wish I had the auto brake/radar cruise control. I've been doing a lot of road trips and it would be a nice to have. A bigger deal to me is wishing I had the 33 gallon tank instead of the 26 gallon. I bought my truck off the lot though at a great deal.

I was worried I would regret not getting the Rebel, but I'm glad I didn't. I think I would be tired of that interior by now.

Nick54

Reaction score
One option I wish I had is a forward mounted rocket launcher and a rear mounted smokescreen generator ;) . I keep asking my wife for the rocket launcher for Christmas but I only seem to get new shirts and socks :D
WHAT, pray tell would you do with a forward mounted rocket launcher???

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. When I found out it did not have the cameras, (after two confirmation emails from my sales guy that said it was ordered properly) I had the discussion that I wanted the right mirrors put on the truck and they insisted it couldn't be done. I wanted to know the cost to do it and told them it could be stripped down to a frame and be done, cost would be ridiculous but NOT to say that it couldn't be done. They took $1000 off of the price and I got quiet but this thread has woken the feelings of "DAMMIT" back up. I ordered this baby with EVERYTHING that I wanted... spared no expense and no cameras. There was a thread somewhere else where some guys were playing with the idea of aftermarket cameras on the tow mirrors. I lost track of how far they got.
I didn't consider 360 cameras, but after I got my Rebel, it seems like a front camera would be handy. Can't see over the nose...ha ha.."How far away is that other persons bumper?".. Have been perusing a wireless camera option, with a small 3" monitor to maybe velcro to the backside of the visor.

DM-SC

Reaction score
The 360 camera would be my pick. Just having a front camera would be nice.

I can live with out adaptive cruise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited slip rear differential.

Had it on my previous two 4th gens and didn't use snow tires for seven years. Had to put snow tires on the new '19 because it's an open diff.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010790 miles.

whsk12

Reaction score
power fold mirrors for sure-cooled seats would have been nice!

onelochevy

Reaction score
Passive keyless entry so I wouldnt have to take the key fob out of my pocket to unlock the door. Still dont see the point of a push button start without this feature.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Passive keyless entry so I wouldnt have to take the key fob out of my pocket to unlock the door. Still dont see the point of a push button start without this feature.
That is true. If you have to take it out to unlock the truck, at least the key ignition would give you a place the put the keys. Otherwise, you either keep the large fob and house keys in your pocket, or put in the console. I ordered a Limited which will have keyless entry, but that did cross my mind. I know in my wife's minivan, we had to always put them in the cupholder and keep moving them around with phones and cups. First world problems I guess.

CnyRver

Reaction score
Level 2 package, 3.92 gears and a 33 gal fuel tank. Honestly just wish I got the 3.92 gears if I had to pick one.

Users who are viewing this thread