5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One option you wish you had

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
A lot of guys are talking down on the BUG and I get it but in reading the comments it seems that there may be different BUG features. Mine gave me the tie down rail and moveable tie downs, bed lighting and the Ram load lock that is locks into the bed with the traditional key and doubles as a bed extender. I felt like that stuff was worth $400 easy. You guys don't think so?

for us rambox guys it is a good deal. not so much if you don't have the rambox.:cool:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to start a storm here, but:

1. The website is pretty clear when configuring, the tow package and the power folding/360 camera option are mutually exclusive. It's also mentioned in the 2019 brochure. This is why I ordered my truck, I couldn't find any on lots that didn't have the tow package, and I really wanted the 360 camera. Ditto for the body color bumper package on a Limited.

2. To answer the original question, I wish I'd have skipped the BUG and spent that money on the 33 gallon tank. $4xx for bed LEDs and rails is stupid.

3. A pet peeve: in all my other cars with keyless entry, the vehicle can be locked/unlocked from all 4 doors. Not so in the Ram. If I want to put something in the back seat, I must still grab the front door handle to unlock the truck, then open the rear door. Definitely a first-world problem, but still a problem.

The 360 delete with tow mirrors was NOT on the build site early in the year when production began. The dealers did not know as well and it was not listed on window stickers with early builds. It also was not mentioned in the earlier brochures from the dealers. After I found out the salesman and I went back and looked. It wasn’t there. Shortly after it was on the build site.

knightro84

Reaction score
Just went on Ram's website and built a truck and if you click "details" on the eTorque Hemi engine option, it does say it comes with a 23 gallon tank. That is a bummer... I'm assuming it was done for weight saving purposes.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
A lot of guys are talking down on the BUG and I get it but in reading the comments it seems that there may be different BUG features. Mine gave me the tie down rail and moveable tie downs, bed lighting and the Ram load lock that is locks into the bed with the traditional key and doubles as a bed extender. I felt like that stuff was worth $400 easy. You guys don't think so?

The video shows a “cargo net” ... is that included in the BUG?

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Just went on Ram's website and built a truck and if you click "details" on the eTorque Hemi engine option, it does say it comes with a 23 gallon tank. That is a bummer... I'm assuming it was done for weight saving purposes.

Ouch, so all etorque Hemi equipped trucks without the 33 gallon tank option have a 23 gallon? I bet that's going to ruffle a few feathers.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Wow... My info was wrong or that had changed recently. Sorry

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... My info was wrong or that had changed recently. Sorry

It wouldn't fully surprise me if that was another error on the website. I get the EPA reasons for weight/mpg, but that would also add some complication/cost into the assembly process. Luckily, we probably have a few hundred etorque owners on this website so if one of you would be kind enough to run out of gas and fill it up, it would be greatly appreciated!

Bram2019

Reaction score
I think the problem comes in due to cab size. A crew cab comes with a 23 gallon tank. A quad cab comes with 26 gallon tank. These are with 5.7 etorque. Seems strange. Unless there is some other equipment option besides etorque that causes this.

GreyGoat

Reaction score
I have the Limited with eTorque and according to my records on Fuely I've filled the tank with over 23 gallons of fuel. I'd be real surprised if the take is only 23 gallons, but I'll try to pay closer attention on the next fill up and report back.

# Date Miles Gallons MPG Price City %
4 . 11/10/18 . 332.00 . 22.194 . 14.96 . 2.499 . 50%
note.png

3 . 10/29/18 . 371.00 . 23.344 . 15.89 . 2.619 . 40%
2 . 10/22/18 . 347.00 . 22.004 . 15.77 . 2.829 . 50%
1 . 10/9/18 20.900 . 2.99 70%

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe all the eTorque models have a 23 gallon tank... otherwise 26 is standard with the optional 33...

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I have the Limited with eTorque and according to my records on Fuely I've filled the tank with over 23 gallons of fuel. I'd be real surprised if the take is only 23 gallons, but I'll try to pay closer attention on the next fill up and report back.

I have the same setup and have put more than 23 gallons in my tank before. as well.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Just confirmed from my build sheet that my truck has a 26 gallon fuel tank. Limited model so it follows the feature guide @devildodge posted.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So 26 gallon is standard, unless you have a 8foot box(not available yet) or it is a 23 gallon standard if you have HFE(not available yet), V6 quad, and a 5.7 eTorque Crew with 5'7 bed tradesman, big horn. rebel or laramie.

8 foot box is 33 gallon standard

Users who are viewing this thread