5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One option you wish you had

Remixznflow

Reaction score
Yeah I Shoulda ordered the power steps... And i should have added the pano roof... Other than that I'm pretty happy over here...

kjn86

Reaction score
I was initially unhappy I didn't get the bed utility group, but now I don't think it's worth the money. I just wanted the interior bed lights. Bought a set of LEDs online for $35 that work well so $350 for the BUG doesn't seem worth it anymore. Don't care about the tie downs at all.

Only one I debate still is 33 gallon tank. Not sure it is worth $445, but I am sure I would want it. Mine also has the 23 gal tank and I thought it was 26 when I bought it. I don't do long range movements often unless I am actually moving, so it's not something I need. I just think it would be nice to have the capacity.

I would have gotten the factory tonneau cover at the time, but I have since realized it wasn't a hard cover so I am glad it wasn't available to me at the dealership or I would have gotten and regretted it.

I also wish my side view mirrors had heat. I not concerned they don't power fold.

All in all I was pretty lucky with what was on the model I had at my chosen dealer because I may have gotten some things that later I would have regretted.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have only seen it from a distance, maybe i should take a closer look.
I am sure you seen the debacle about the bed step for 5th Gen...but I can tell you I used one that was on an 18 2500 I looked at. It is a stout piece. I weigh 290 and it held with no issue. It is also less of a step up than the bumper steps...if you are talking about the ones molded inthe edge of the bumper on a Chevy. Never used one on a full size but the ones on my coworkers Colorado are a joke. They were very flimsy and a higher step than the Ram step.

Just my 2 cents.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you seen or tried the Ram bed step? I greatly prefer it over Ford or GM's approach.
Chevys step bumper looks absolutely awful to me. Big holes in the side of a bumper that looks like it doesn’t fit the truck looks like something out of the 70’s. Rams bumper looks neat and tucked into the truck and flows with the body. Not long ago you’d only see that in a custom build.

U-235

Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to start a storm here, but:

1. The website is pretty clear when configuring, the tow package and the power folding/360 camera option are mutually exclusive. It's also mentioned in the 2019 brochure. This is why I ordered my truck, I couldn't find any on lots that didn't have the tow package, and I really wanted the 360 camera. Ditto for the body color bumper package on a Limited.

2. To answer the original question, I wish I'd have skipped the BUG and spent that money on the 33 gallon tank. $4xx for bed LEDs and rails is stupid.

3. A pet peeve: in all my other cars with keyless entry, the vehicle can be locked/unlocked from all 4 doors. Not so in the Ram. If I want to put something in the back seat, I must still grab the front door handle to unlock the truck, then open the rear door. Definitely a first-world problem, but still a problem.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1. The website is pretty clear when configuring, the tow package and the power folding/360 camera option are mutually exclusive. It's also mentioned in the 2019 brochure. This is why I ordered my truck, I couldn't find any on lots that didn't have the tow package, and I really wanted the 360 camera. Ditto for the body color bumper package on a Limited.
When did you order your truck? I ask because originally it did not state this and was amended after people on this site and others, made it known to them.

But yes, now it is noted and there is plenty of info on this now. So the mistake shouldn't be made...but we know how that goes.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to start a storm here, but:

2. To answer the original question, I wish I'd have skipped the BUG and spent that money on the 33 gallon tank. $4xx for bed LEDs and rails is stupid.

3. A pet peeve: in all my other cars with keyless entry, the vehicle can be locked/unlocked from all 4 doors. Not so in the Ram. If I want to put something in the back seat, I must still grab the front door handle to unlock the truck, then open the rear door. Definitely a first-world problem, but still a problem.
1. It wasn't originally. I caught it before I ordered in May, but some of the earlier orders didn't. And it still seems counterintuitive that you would pay for a 'group' (implying a package with upgraded content) and lose functionality.

2. With RamBoxes, the BUG was a slightly different value for me. I'm seeing a lot of complaints about that group on this thread, though!

3. Amen to that. I've gotten very used to having all four doors "live" on my wife's SUV, and I have to remind myself about this on the Ram. I also have to remember to manually unlock the doors for my rear seat passengers when I drop them off; I should be able to have the doors auto-unlock in Park.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Panoramic roof, I had a hard time finding a 4x4 Laramine in flamecoat red. This is the only option I wish I had. But I sacrificed it for the color I wanted.

I seen someone say rear wheel liners and they are correct. Those should be standard

meltedcheez

Reaction score
The Bighorn Level 2 package: Want the 7" TFT display, touch door unlock, auto AC, alpine system, etc.

No worries though still having fun with it!

knightro84

Reaction score
I’m kicking myself for not ordering the 33 gallon gas tank. I thought the 26 would be enough. Turns out my truck came with 23 gallon tank and my range absolutely sucks.

The Laramie is supposed to come standard with a 26 gallon tank. Do eTorque trucks have a smaller tank?

Brady_SS

Reaction score
33 gallon fuel tank for me. I have utilized pretty much all of the other options my truck came with, even some I wouldn't have chosen if I had special ordered my truck. Would have killed to have had the extra 7 gallons of gas on my trip weekend before last.

Last edited:

Lettika

Reaction score
A lot of guys are talking down on the BUG and I get it but in reading the comments it seems that there may be different BUG features. Mine gave me the tie down rail and moveable tie downs, bed lighting and the Ram load lock that is locks into the bed with the traditional key and doubles as a bed extender. I felt like that stuff was worth $400 easy. You guys don't think so?

Users who are viewing this thread