5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Officially regret buying a 2019 Ram.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I can see 12.9. Mine jumped to 12.1 so I can still see it going up some more.

you can google it pretty easy but 4x4 are generally heavier and wont get the gas mileage of a 4x2, are you leaving it on all the time, I only use all wheel drive when its slick outside, im getting 16.8 in my Laramie 4x4 with etorque so if your only getting 13 my best guess would be you are driving the truck like a civic

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Depends on your driving habits, terrain, city/hwy, etc. I was getting around 12.5 city on my first tank and about 18.5 on the highway. I'm on my second tank now, but my numbers will be scewed by the dealer testing my trans/knob issue. I'm assuming lots of idling, short bursts, etc.
my truck said 12.1 mpg when I bought it with 45 miles on it, now at about 400 miles its at almost 17, it does seem to get better over time, a guess would be when people test drive them they dog the crap out of them, who wouldnt

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you should be getting better gas mileage with 3.12, I have the latter and am getting about 4mpg more than you
That’s what I was thinking. I’ll give it a couple more weeks and see how high it goes up. Thanks.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can google it pretty easy but 4x4 are generally heavier and wont get the gas mileage of a 4x2, are you leaving it on all the time, I only use all wheel drive when its slick outside, im getting 16.8 in my Laramie 4x4 with etorque so if your only getting 13 my best guess would be you are driving the truck like a civic
I have not put it on 4x4 at all. I’m am driving it regularly as well. But I did reset it so that’s why I’m thinking it it’s starting from way low. I also stood on idle lots of time at my work site. So I’m assuming that didn’t help.

Last edited:

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know where beside the window paper I can find out what gear ratio I have on my truck? New 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Thanks

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where beside the window paper I can find out what gear ratio I have on my truck? New 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Thanks
Not one hundred percent sure, but they used to put a sticker under the hood. And there should be a tag or sticker on the rear axle that says what it is.

SuperShortMag

Reaction score

ddonia

Reaction score
I've had the same wobble/shake/bounce issue since I drove my truck off the lot a couple of days ago. I've got the laramie quad cab. Thought I was being picky too. Have owned 5 tundras before this and am hoping this isn't the beginning of more problems! Were they able to fix or diagnose this problem? Thanks man

@Rcutler8 Did you ever get the wobble fixed? I’m experiencing something similar and curious to hear what your outcome was.

Rcutler8

Reaction score
Its better than it was. Had the dealership balance the tires again and that didn’t do much. So I bought some new tires from a tire shop and that has helped a little more. Had the Bridgestone 20s on before. Noticed that if I run the tires at 38 psi cold, it’s helps a bit. Still vibrates occasionally and randomly around 60mph. Let me know if anyone has figured anything else out! Frustrating.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Mine is also having issues, but I have to wait till monday to get the check engine light on at 1800 miles! Wtf

Roger1966

Reaction score
I believe the sunroof leak allowed water to soak the rear carpet. I have been trying to go back through some posts to see if any were the front drivers side like mine. The bedcover is on my list to add but I have decided I am not dropping any money into it until the issues are resolved. The low MPG is based off what was normal in my 14 Sport. 15 is if I’m focusing on the MPG. Normally it is around 13.5.

Mileage MUST be accurately measured (ie: fill tank completely, get accurate mileage number, fill tank completely, m/g). Not trying to condescend at all, but so many people. Just fill until pump kicks off. And that is absolutely not accurate. I have a 19, no etorque. Horrible mileage for 5k miles. Getting consistent 15 now on mid grade fuel. That truck LOVES interstates at 70+. Got almost 17mpg last weekend on a 4 hour ride.

23 mpg seems more than a little unrealistic.

U

User_3336

Seems as the vibrations around 60mph are becoming more and more widespread. Imagine the people who are experiencing this that are going WTF??? and actually haven't been reading on any kind of message board!

So, yeah, I regret 100% buying a 19, so bad that I just traded back to a new 18.

Its better than it was. Had the dealership balance the tires again and that didn’t do much. So I bought some new tires from a tire shop and that has helped a little more. Had the Bridgestone 20s on before. Noticed that if I run the tires at 38 psi cold, it’s helps a bit. Still vibrates occasionally and randomly around 60mph. Let me know if anyone has figured anything else out! Frustrating.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Seems as the vibrations around 60mph are becoming more and more widespread. Imagine the people who are experiencing this that are going WTF??? and actually haven't been reading on any kind of message board!

So, yeah, I regret 100% buying a 19, so bad that I just traded back to a new 18.
Hey, not trying to be a buzz kill. And I get that it's a bad situation to be in, but complaining about it everyday on a forum isn't gonna resolve it. If you regret buying it... trade it in, take your lumps, and move on.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Post some pics in the 4th Gen section

U

User_3336

UMMMM, I just stated that I did trade it. Did you not read my complete post?

Hey, not trying to be a buzz kill. And I get that it's a bad situation to be in, but complaining about it everyday on a forum isn't gonna resolve it. If you regret buying it... trade it in, take your lumps, and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread