5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Officially regret buying a 2019 Ram.

U

User_3336

then WHY post something like this if you didn't bother to completely read the post you were quoting?

Nope. Too many to follow completely. Good luck!

Hey, not trying to be a buzz kill. And I get that it's a bad situation to be in, but complaining about it everyday on a forum isn't gonna resolve it. If you regret buying it... trade it in, take your lumps, and move on.

cjmst23

Reaction score
then WHY post something like this if you didn't bother to completely read the post you were quoting?
Why's it matter if I missed 1 sentence because I didn't care anymore? You no longer own 5th Gen.... So it's moot at this point. Again, not trying to rattle cages, just tired of the constant griping on this forum. Lots of great members with good insight and creative ideas. Would be nice to participate without having to sort through the 10% who are only expressing dissatisfaction. So, have your last word and I'll move on as well.

U

User_3336

Then send the same reply to the other 10-12 members on here stating their concerns about their trucks.......Yes, I no longer have a 5th Gen, but I am still a member of this forum and I can actively participate in the 4th gen (or still comment on my experiences about the 5th gen in the time I had it). A forum is a mix of different subjects whether it be complaints or positives. People come here for help on issues, as well as sharing their positive experiences.

If my posts annoy you, then there is a BLOCK function in the user control panel.

Nuff said.

Why's it matter if I missed 1 sentence because I didn't care anymore? You no longer own 5th Gen.... So it's moot at this point. Again, not trying to rattle cages, just tired of the constant griping on this forum. Lots of great members with good insight and creative ideas. Would be nice to participate without having to sort through the 10% who are only expressing dissatisfaction. So, have your last word and I'll move on as well.

Rcutler8

Reaction score
Hey, not trying to be a buzz kill. And I get that it's a bad situation to be in, but complaining about it everyday on a forum isn't gonna resolve it. If you regret buying it... trade it in, take your lumps, and move on.
I don’t think we are necessarily complaining about it. Just discussing what’s going on and what’s being done to fix it. Makes us feel a little less crazy about spending 40-60k on a truck that shakes and squeaks! It’s my first ram so I’m new to the issues. I’ve owned 5 tundras with 2 new body styles with zero issues. Just was ready for a change. Love the ram, just not the small crap that goes along with them. This far. Hopefully they get the bugs out. They’re great trucks

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mileage MUST be accurately measured (ie: fill tank completely, get accurate mileage number, fill tank completely, m/g). Not trying to condescend at all, but so many people. Just fill until pump kicks off. And that is absolutely not accurate. I have a 19, no etorque. Horrible mileage for 5k miles. Getting consistent 15 now on mid grade fuel. That truck LOVES interstates at 70+. Got almost 17mpg last weekend on a 4 hour ride.

23 mpg seems more than a little unrealistic.
I just took a trip do Dallas. 2 hours and 20 minutes. Got 17.6 mpg. I’m sure when I drive back home, I’ll hit 18.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just took a trip do Dallas. 2 hours and 20 minutes. Got 17.6 mpg. I’m sure when I drive back home, I’ll hit 18.

I have little over 5000 miles....When on 4 lane driving 63 Mph for one hour and a half ,it will get 19.5 to 20 average.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have little over 5000 miles....When on 4 lane driving 63 Mph for one hour and a half ,it will get 19.5 to 20 average.
Sounds about right for e torque and I’m guessing regular wheels. Not bad at all. Great actually.

I got no e-torque and I’m riding on 22” wheels 4x4. I’m at 18.6 as of right now. I’ll take it. Austin to Dallas, from Saturday till today, riding all day those days in Dallas, riding back and I got 5 minutes to get home. All this on one tank. I’m happy.

Attachments

• E80AFF67-CE2C-4205-BEBA-9D9C02299FB9.jpeg
    E80AFF67-CE2C-4205-BEBA-9D9C02299FB9.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
U

User_3336

18.6 not bad

Sounds about right for e torque and I’m guessing regular wheels. Not bad at all. Great actually.

I got no e-torque and I’m riding on 22” wheels 4x4. I’m at 18.6 as of right now. I’ll take it. Austin to Dallas, from Saturday till today, riding all day those days in Dallas, riding back and I got 5 minutes to get home. All this on one tank. I’m happy.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m glad I haven’t experienced the shaking or squeaks. I wonder if these were the early builds only.

Lettika

Reaction score
Mine was built early October no problems at all except the 4 holes in the front bumper really irritate me.

Same here. My truck is black and I put those plastic body rivets in mine. Now you have to get up pretty close to even notice.

Users who are viewing this thread