5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Officially regret buying a 2019 Ram.

XDBrad

Reaction score
Totally agree on the Pontiac. But then again that was back when GM had ergo engineers that could design an interior....

Williams00

Reaction score
So did what happened? Fix any issues? I have one sitting in my garage and i haven’t signed the papers yet.

Smokey

Reaction score
:unsure: I think you have that backwards... at least the last time I was in a Tundra I thought I was in an 89' Pontiac Sunbird. Just my HO.

Edit: Had to look... I think I like the Pontiac layout better... View attachment 5979

View attachment 5980

Vader...if your going to compare the interior of a $55k Ram at least post a relevant picture of a higher end Tundra instead of the base model. For the record I agree with 4sallypat, Ram has a long way to go as far reliability is concerned. A nice looking truck means nothing if the dealer has it more than the owner!

Attachments

• 2014-toyota-tundra-1794-dash-view.jpg
    2014-toyota-tundra-1794-dash-view.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 159

warmachine

Reaction score
Vader...if your going to compare the interior of a $55k Ram at least post a relevant picture of a higher end Tundra instead of the base model. For the record I agree with 4sallypat, Ram has a long way to go as far reliability is concerned. A nice looking truck means nothing if the dealer has it more than the owner!

That still looks like ****

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vader...if your going to compare the interior of a $55k Ram at least post a relevant picture of a higher end Tundra!

Sorry, I thought I did.:unsure:

Apples and oranges. I was just being sensitive to the continuous Ram quality bashing. Having a near perfect truck, it gets grating reading the testimony of unlucky owners ready to set fire to a vehicle that is under warranty and the early release of a new generation of production.

I don't want to start something, just wanted to make a comedic point about "eye of the beholder" and whatnot. Sorry if offense was taken.

Smokey

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I did.:unsure:

Apples and oranges. I was just being sensitive to the continuous Ram quality bashing. Having a near perfect truck, it gets grating reading the testimony of unlucky owners ready to set fire to a vehicle that is under warranty and the early release of a new generation of production.

I don't want to start something, just wanted to make a comedic point about "eye of the beholder" and whatnot. Sorry if offense was taken.

No offense taken Vader and I completely agree with you! I was ready to pull the trigger on a 19 Laramie, it's a gorgeous looking truck inside and out but but after reading about all of the initial problems I decided to wait for the next model year hoping things get better with their quality control.
I happen to have a Tundra and it's been a great truck. It looks like a truck, rides like a truck and guzzles gas but I have never had to take it in for repair after 180k miles.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sorry, but, while nice, it's still stuck in the 2000s. Not even close to my Limited's interior.

Rcutler8

Reaction score
No offense taken Vader and I completely agree with you! I was ready to pull the trigger on a 19 Laramie, it's a gorgeous looking truck inside and out but but after reading about all of the initial problems I decided to wait for the next model year hoping things get better with their quality control.
I happen to have a Tundra and it's been a great truck. It looks like a truck, rides like a truck and guzzles gas but I have never had to take it in for repair after 180k miles.

I agree with you 100%. I’ve owned 5 tundras. Never had a single issue. Great trucks in need of a refreshing. Now I own a 19 Laramie. Love it. As soon as I drove it, I wanted it. Had a few smallish issues with the ram, slight vibrations around 60mph, UConnect doesn’t always work great and a couple other small issues. Alpine stereo sounds awesome and the truck all around looks and drives great. Waiting to get a few of the kinks out is probably a smart move.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry but that photo of that Tundra is awful also omg

Smokey

Reaction score
Sorry, but, while nice, it's still stuck in the 2000s. Not even close to my Limited's interior.
Sorry but that photo of that Tundra is awful also omg

LOL...funny how quickly the Ram loyalist forget what the interiors looked liked like just a few years ago!
Not to mention that Ram finally has an acceptable tow rating that Toyota had since 2007.
Not bad mouthing what an excellent job Ram has done with the redesign but the quality control and reliabilty is years behind.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Tundra interior looks like a Tonka Truck. It's a truly awful truck, but it does have good reliability in general.
That’s funny...I feel that way about the Ford interior.

I have no strong feelings about the Tundra. It’s a solid truck design that may be showing its age.

jw38

Reaction score
While I understand the OP's concerns, and I have some concerns about the quality of my new RAM, I do think it rises to the level of regretting my decision to purchase it. As a brand new member, I added this to another post about quality:

My truck has a build date of 07/18 and following are some of the minor issues I've experienced with it:

- Rough starting when cold. This only happens on the first start of the day, but the engine revs up, then sounds like it's going to die, then it revs up again...repeating this for about 15 seconds. After it settles down, it runs perfectly.
- The "tailgate open" warning appears about 50% of the time when I close the tailgate. If I slam it, I don't get the message. I've read on another forum that with repeated use, this issue will resolve itself.
- The passenger side outside mirror fails to fold and then open again when using this function. This has happened about 10 times and each time, I have to get out of the truck and either fold or open the mirror.
- I feel a significant vibration from what feels like the rear of the truck when driving between 50-60mph. It shakes the truck quite a bit and my wife also notices it when riding in the passenger seat. I plan to have the dealership rebalance the rear tires.

While I consider all of the above to be minor issue that I'm hopeful the dealership can fix, I'm somewhat concerned about the perceived lack of build quality of the truck. I absolutely love it and it's the most incredible truck I've ever owned, but for $66,000, FCA could do better.

Douglas31

Reaction score
So did what happened? Fix any issues? I have one sitting in my garage and i haven’t signed the papers yet.
Some of the issues were fixed and a couple are outstanding but I am cautiously optimistic most will be resolved. If you are happy with the test drive I wouldn’t hold back on one.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a Toyota fan in general and this is my first RAM or FCA product in general. We drove small Toyota trucks for 300k miles until they literally rusted away. But they were true lightweight bare bones trucks for hunting and beating the heck out of. I really wanted the Tundra to compare for full size truck, but I couldn't spend the money when it was badly in need of a refresh. To be fair though, and absolutely no offense to current owners, that is how I also felt testing out a 2018 RAM last year.

The 2019 redesign brought me in. I hope I stay in. I'm happy thus far. Worst case scenario is I drive this RAM fewer years than I currently plan and Toyota finally catches up with the times and goes all out on a redesign.

Users who are viewing this thread