5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*OFFICIAL Rough Country 3.5 // ReadyLift 3.5 thread.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Readylift 3.5" Kit w/o preload spacer, Bilstein 5100 @ #4 front shocks, 5160's rear. 35x12.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

View attachment 99666

Looks great!! Why did you also use the Bilsteins in the front and the rear? Looks pretty level from the photo, do you have measurements? I'm looking to do a 3.5" but achieve level look on my 22 Rebel

Choate

Reaction score
I’ll get better picture when it’s daylight. Just got truck back tonight after dark. 3.5” RC loaded struts. 2” rear motofab spacer. 275/65/20 tires. 20x9 wheels 0 (fuel calls it +1) offset. It rides fantastic.
C514CD28-CA8C-4DBC-BE73-672B127B42F6.jpeg

Blackmer18

Reaction score
I’ll get better picture when it’s daylight. Just got truck back tonight after dark. 3.5” RC loaded struts. 2” rear motofab spacer. 275/65/20 tires. 20x9 wheels 0 (fuel calls it +1) offset. It rides fantastic.
View attachment 120267
Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm unfamiliar with lifts, only used leveling kits before ...did you buy the RC3.5" kit and use rear spacers from Motofab ? Or why did you use the Motofab spacers in the rear when the RC kit has them? I'm trying to determine what I need to buy and it seems like there are so many set ups guys are running with different parts from different kits, etc

doolin64

Reaction score
Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm unfamiliar with lifts, only used leveling kits before ...did you buy the RC3.5" kit and use rear spacers from Motofab ? Or why did you use the Motofab spacers in the rear when the RC kit has them? I'm trying to determine what I need to buy and it seems like there are so many set ups guys are running with different parts from different kits, etc
I'm guessing he did the lift like I did. He bought the RC loaded struts by themselves. Then ordered a proper 2" spacer. The RC rear spacer is only an inch makes the back end look saggy. Definitely had some proper upper a-arms for better angles of the ball joint.

Choate

Reaction score
Yep doolin is right. And I’ll tell you my truck has almost exactly 1/2” of rake (about 41.5” front and 42” rear ground to center of fender arch) and it still looks a little bit nose high to my eye but I’m going to leave it as is since I don’t tow anything regularly

Choate

Reaction score
Almost makes the 34s look weak. It looks a lot better and bigger in person. I may put a 3” rear spacer in. Gonna drive for a while and see if the front struts settle any

C1B99197-4447-416F-86EF-0F49C8FF2CA8.jpeg C29F81F3-BA37-44D4-9947-2BF1C203DE3C.jpeg

doolin64

Reaction score
The struts will settle up front a bit once you get some miles on it. I do feel like a 2.5 or 3" rear would be perfect, but I'd want to do it right and either get an adjustable track bar/panhard bar.

Choate

Reaction score

Nothing else for the front? Other than UCAs?

Then for the rear?
EDIT: now that I think about it. This might only net you 2.5” front? Bc you’ll lose 1” of rebel spring. I’d ask around a lot before you settle in on your choice. Either way it’ll look awesome.

Just that and UCA in the front. It completely replaces the factory springs and struts. So it won’t be a 4.5” lift. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. In the rear I think (not sure) those spacers would net you 3” bc you have the longer rebel springs which will be reused along w the 2” spacer. Again don’t just go off my word 100% but I think I’m right

Last edited:

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Ya my mind is spinning with all the posts I have read about using the Readylift 3.5" but not using the preload spacer bc of too much angle, but then you don't achieve the level look so IMO that defeats my purpose.....so then guys are running Bilsteins and idk I'm flipping confused

doolin64

Reaction score
I can't believe it's so complicated in 22 to find a lift kit haha
With a Rebel you would bet 2.5" up front from what you have. Since you have 1" factory in the rear I'd opt for a motofab 1.5" rear block and you'd be sitting perfect imo. You would need front control arms and rear shocks.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
So if I was to install the Rough Country 3.5" loaded front strut and UCAs I would.be up 2.5" in the front? And there's nothing else needed? Those struts just replace the factory struts and are taller causing the lift?

doolin64

Reaction score
So if I was to install the Rough Country 3.5" loaded front strut and UCAs I would.be up 2.5" in the front? And there's nothing else needed? Those struts just replace the factory struts and are taller causing the lift?
Correct. those struts and UCA's are all you need. You will need a rear lift of some sort.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Correct. those struts and UCA's are all you need. You will need a rear lift of some sort.
Yessir, I have to measure and see what I need for the rear roughly then go from there. Just a spacer block for the rear correct? Does it make a huge difference if I used Bilsteins?

doolin64

Reaction score
Correct, that's all you need is a block out back. I'd just use shocks like Bilsteins ( I did Rough County's) that work with 1-3" of lift. It should ride better than a stretched out stock shock.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
Sorry for dumb questions....If I order the Bilsteins for the rear, I don't need the moto fab spacer block in the rear?

doolin64

Reaction score
Not a dumb question. You will need a spacer either way. The Bilstein's themselves are just made to work within in a specified lift range. I believe 1-3"s over stock. You can certainly use your stock shocks for the time being and go from there. I went with the RC's figuring they should be designed to match the RC struts I installed up front.

Blackmer18

Reaction score
My only concern now is I plan on keep my factory 18" wheels and just ordering a bigger tire....not sure how the 18" wheels would look with a 3.5" lift...wondering if just a level would look better with the 18" wheels....hoping to find my answer on Customwheeloffset.com

Users who are viewing this thread