5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*OFFICIAL Rough Country 3.5 // ReadyLift 3.5 thread.

vadedram

Reaction score
Does there seem to be a lift height difference in between the ready lift 3.5 and the rough country 3.5 kit? I’m talking about actual height achieved after the lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I would like to know this too. I am running 3.5" Rough Country on a Rebel. Wirth the Rebel they say you can install the preload spacer from RC, but not from RL. I have the preload spacer installed on my Rebel. Wondering if that means if I had the Ready Lift and I couldnt install the preload spacer then I would be lower? But then again, the preload spacer from RL is stainless steel, while the preload spacer from RC is a plastic/Nylon/Rubber that gets squished. Why cant you install the RL spacer on the Rebel? Anyways, have seen this question come up multiple times with no answers.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Did

you use anything different in the rear or just the supplied spacers? How’s the ride quality?
Used everything in my RL 3.5 SST lift kit except the 2” preload spacers up front. Shop recommended only installing the 1.5” top hat spacers over my adjustable bilsteins and not the 2” preloads for a smoother ride, and they were right....Smooth as butter....With just top hats they adjust bilsteins height accordingly to give that 3.5” lift. I wanted completely level vs rake, so setting 5 for me. Others do 4 for tad more rake.

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Used everything in my RL 3.5 SST lift kit except the 2” preload spacers up front. Shop recommended only installing the 1.5” top hat spacers over my adjustable bilsteins and not the 2” preloads for a smoother ride, and they were right....Smooth as butter....With just top hats they adjust bilsteins height accordingly to give that 3.5” lift. I wanted completely level vs rake, so setting 5 for me. Others do 4 for tad more rake.
Did you use and wheel spacers? do you have any pictures looking down the side of the truck? do the tires stick out any?

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Yes and yes. 1.5” Venum spacers all around. Has the perfect amount of poke (for me)...It’s raining here now but once ends I’ll try and take pics and post.

Ccm12

Reaction score
3.5” ReadyLift SST with bilstein adjustable ride height front shocks set at position 5 in lieu of RL 2” preload coil spacer, and RL 1.5” top hat spacers on 295/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and stock 20” wheels.
Did you do anything to rear?

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Nope, just the rear coil spring spacers and bump stop landing pads that comes with kit, which levels truck to 3.5” rear and 3.5” front.

Sstevens7

Reaction score
3.5” ReadyLIFT kit
35x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RT
20x10 -18 offset Fuel Rebel wheels.

I just got everything installed this past Friday and I’m loving the stance and ride so far!
View attachment 100237 View attachment 100238
I just installed the RL kit and have the same wheels ordered, waiting to be delivered by Mr.WheelDeal.com. I went with the matte bronze though to go with my Red Ram in a 20x10 -18 offset. Tires I picked are the Venom Power Terra Hunter RT Plus in a 35x12.5x20. Did you have to mold back any of the plastic wheel liner or do any trimming? From what I have been seeing most everyone has to heat up the plastic trim and mold it back further out of the way and maybe trim a little of the mud flap. TIA!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the RL kit and have the same wheels ordered, waiting to be delivered by Mr.WheelDeal.com. I went with the matte bronze though to go with my Red Ram in a 20x10 -18 offset. Tires I picked are the Venom Power Terra Hunter RT Plus in a 35x12.5x20. Did you have to mold back any of the plastic wheel liner or do any trimming? From what I have been seeing most everyone has to heat up the plastic trim and mold it back further out of the way and maybe trim a little of the mud flap. TIA!
I actually did not have to modify the plastic wheel liners or trim them at all. I was surprised to see that my wheels cleared without issue in front of the steer tires because I have heard the same thing about having to heat up the liners and massage them a bit or zip tie them forward. I did however have to remove the plastic mud guards behind the front tires and bend the metal mounting tab up and out of the way in order to eliminate the rubbing that was occurring behind the front tires. Very simple process to do and the wheel liner will conceal this adjustment which creates a clean install. Just keep in mind every tire is different so you may experience more rubbing than I did. Either way, it should only take minimal adjustments to make it work. There are several how-to's on here and videos on YouTube that explain that process in great detail. Feel free to message me if you have questions or need any additional help.

Last edited:

PackerFracker

Reaction score
Has anyone here used the Rough Country 3.5 Loaded Struts on the ReadyLift 3.5 SST kit after factory struts with pre-load wore out? Debating on whether or not to go with Rough County 3.5" loaded struts or use the Bilstein with 0-2.6" pre-load with the top hat spacer from the Ready Lift kit.

Ccm12

Reaction score
can you give the measurements you have now?

Reaction score
4831bbbd9ccca232536afc1271e6006d.jpg

I have the RL 3.5” kit. Running 35x11.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Everything fits great and has the stance and look I was after. Problem is the wheel hub/knuckle makes contact with the Lower Control Arm. And by contact I mean that it has cut into the metal in full turn aka trying to park. Had the shop call Readift and they said they knew about this issue and we should just grind down the points of contact. The other issue is that with 35’s it seems to be exceeding the maximum span of the OE parts. Because there is a very noticeable negative camber. I am working with another custom shop now to see how to correct this. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
4831bbbd9ccca232536afc1271e6006d.jpg

I have the RL 3.5” kit. Running 35x11.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Everything fits great and has the stance and look I was after. Problem is the wheel hub/knuckle makes contact with the Lower Control Arm. And by contact I mean that it has cut into the metal in full turn aka trying to park. Had the shop call Readift and they said they knew about this issue and we should just grind down the points of contact. The other issue is that with 35’s it seems to be exceeding the maximum span of the OE parts. Because there is a very noticeable negative camber. I am working with another custom shop now to see how to correct this. Is anyone else having this issue?

fc4059726271314ac0909f86ca2df886.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online