5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OBDLink MX+ and Ecodiesel

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it normal to have a boost psi of 14 at idle?
Even when I **** the truck off the gauge reads 14 psi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like the pid is not converting properly, or you’re not reading the pid that you think should display boost in psi. Atmospheric pressure is roughly 14.7, so it’s likely that you’re actually near 0psi.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like the pid is not converting properly, or you’re not reading the pid that you think should display boost in psi. Atmospheric pressure is roughly 14.7, so it’s likely that you’re actually near 0psi.

I selected the “Boost pressure measured” pid.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I selected the “Boost pressure measured” pid.

What’s the calculation applied on the pid- are you able to see that in the pid settings? It should be something like (A+B)/255. <- that’s not exact since I’m going from memory right now.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the calculation applied on the pid- are you able to see that in the pid settings? It should be something like (A+B)/255. QUOTE]

Cannot see the pod settings.. just selecting it from a list in the Diesel engine control module in OBDLink

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, not sure I can help then since I don’t have that software. I’m using OBD Fusion and I can view and modify pid calculations and display values. I’m still sticking to what I said about atmospheric pressure though. What your gauge is showing you is absolute pressure.

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
This is what I’m talking about. I never noticed this until after I plugged in the Mx+. It’s like a clicking noise after turning off the truck when it’s running. But when I keep it in run the noise isn’t there. Just when I actually start the truck.
kind of sounds like a relay clicking away

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those looking to monitor the miles between regens, there are a couple of PID you can monitor as follows:
  1. Covered Distance Since Last Regeneration (km, miles, ft) - this will show how many miles you've driven since your last regen
  2. Mean Driven Distance of the last Regeneration" PIDs - there are a couple you can choose - this shows the average miles between regens your truck has been getting

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those looking to monitor the miles between regens, there are a couple of PID you can monitor as follows:
  1. Covered Distance Since Last Regeneration (km, miles, ft) - this will show how many miles you've driven since your last regen
  2. Mean Driven Distance of the last Regeneration" PIDs - there are a couple you can choose - this shows the average miles between regens your truck has been getting
Those sound calculated- do you know the hex values and equation for them?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those sound calculated- do you know the hex values and equation for them?
I’m a Ram driver, not a space shuttle astronaut. 😉 Not a clue. I wouldn’t know where or how to find that info.

I just remembered I had to utilize hex codes when I had the ScanGauge 2 monitor for my 2nd Gen Ecodiesel and my CTD. However, with OBDLink and the MX+, all hex or any PIDs codes are embedded in the software so you don’t see it and cannot program it.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you leave your obd MX plugged into the port all the time?..

Users who are viewing this thread