5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
See my truck is at 31 psi for oil pressure. Oil and trans temps are about where yours are. It’s my coolant that worries me since it runs between 215-228 but gets to over 230 at times. No leaks that I am aware of, no warning lights and the gauges stay consistent so I might just be overthinking it since it’s a brand new truck.
Well i have the 5.7 hemi v8, not a tt 3.6l I6 so i couldnt compare it exactly as i wouldnt know, tbh your temps dont seem like nothing to worry about man. Could be its brand new and just needs to break in like you said but i think your fine. Also If its only spiking when accelerating and inclines then yeah you should expect your temps to rise a bit, other than that again, doesnt seem abnormal or crazy

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well i have the 5.7 hemi v8, not a TT 3.6l I6 so i couldnt compare it exactly as i wouldnt know, tbh your temps dont seem like nothing to worry about man. Could be its brand new and just needs to break in like you said but i think your fine. Also If its only spiking when accelerating and inclines then yeah you should expect your temps to rise a bit, other than that again, doesnt seem abnormal or crazy
He doesn't even have a TT 3.6 I6. He only has a 3.0 I6

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
He doesn't even have a TT 3.6 I6. He only has a 3.0 I6
3.6 V6* but oh ok yeah.... Statment still stands.
Hey brother you realize you can have a life out side this forum right? Theres lot more in life to offer than to sit on here all day every single day. Like you dont have to reply to every single message with something to say, you know that right? notice how dude knew what i ment and didnt care but you just had to say something and correct it?

Last edited:

spyder

Reaction score
3.6 V6* but oh ok yeah.... Statment still stands.
Hey brother you realize you can have a life out side this forum right? Theres lot more in life to offer than to sit on here all day every single day. Like you dont have to reply to every single message with something to say, you know that right? notice how dude knew what i ment and didnt care but you just had to say something and correct it?
Nah, he's got plenty of time since he's one of those guys that likes to let his oil drain for 743 hours before putting the plug in and refilling it, instead of just draining and refilling like a rational person. o_O:whistle:

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Oil temps never get above 225F when towing.. I towed the 24' enclosed as recently as this past week to Shenandoah (mild mountains) and she still stays that low.

Users who are viewing this thread