5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck, Chrysler holding it hostage.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either way honestly if I were him I’d not accept this truck back anymore there might have been too many things going on with it.

Also @Longhorn5G since you have an attorney involved now which I’d recommend you do! I’d advise you not to speak with @RamCares other than referring them to your attorney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@Longhorn5G probably does need an attorney, but not for his truck. The original complaint was by @Zambalis .

TVANVA

Reaction score
Just to muddy the water a little more........my theory is that the dealership mixed up the paperwork and put a tonneau cover on the wrong truck, and now they are stalling trying to figure out what to do.

Cannonball

Reaction score
I love the righteous fighting spirit of American's (and shoutout to any Canadians who've chimed in eh)... Everyone here wants to go beat up the first person they can get their hands on at that dealership and it's not even their truck!
4f50c63f1f1d8b1cfabd7cfb8a527375--old-pictures-men-hair.jpg

Zinger

Reaction score
Just to muddy the water a little more........my theory is that the dealership mixed up the paperwork and put a tonneau cover on the wrong truck, and now they are stalling trying to figure out what to do.

It takes 30 minutes to remove a tonneau cover. No rational reason why it would be on there.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
And someone in Oklahoma, record the news for the rest of us.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Possible... but yeah you can take that bad boy off lickety split...

Last edited:

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And also, from the pictures... it kind of looks like the truck wasnt THAT trapped in there. Theres no full frontal picture or anything, but looks at least semi open.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. Either way it’s best left right where it is at this point.

Zambalis

Reaction score
Ok everyone. I was feeling under the weather these last few days but here is the update.

As of today I still do not have possession of the truck. However Monday I did speak with the owner of the dealership. He called me late at night at home and discussed how sorry and what not. He reiterated that Chrysler requested them to keep it and he doesn’t want to go against Chrysler but wanted to make it right so they comped my window tint $60 bucks and because I was asking questions about the cover they “went ahead and wanted to show a sign of good faith and donate it for all the trouble”.

The next day(yesterday) I was still feeling under the weather and I just slept in and kept my phone turned off, when I got up I had 3 missed calls from the dealership and two from Chrysler.

They responded to an inquiry my attorney made into the legality of this whole mess. Chrysler informed me that they would see that I got my truck ASAP. Shortly after the messages from the dealership corresponded to what they Chrysler guy said on his message. The dealership called to apologize and wanted me to know I could come pick up my truck at any time. To which I have to travel to an important meeting over a 100 miles in the other direction. So it seems, unless the wool is completely over my eyes I’ll have my truck by tomorrow evening or Friday morning.

I was told that contacting @ramtrucks on Facebook was how I got their attention and then the public embarrassment of a legal issue sealed the deal for their attention. I was also encouraged to take the truck for service to a different dealership.

What got me irritated wasn’t this whole mess, it’s that the dealership informed me that Chrysler’s was able to continue the trial and error on the mirrors with out my truck as about 50% of them are doing it and they could have just called me In to get worked on when a fix was ready. They told me they knew this info over two weeks ago and didn’t find it relevant.

Depending on how I am treated when I pick up the truck will determine if I persue them for a monthly payment etc. they already wrote off 1400$ of something I was just window shopping and would have eventually bought.

So that’s it. I guess. Legal threats buckled and brought out the lies. Thank you for all the feedback and information. All of it was very helpful and a learning experience

jk101

Reaction score
Can't make this sh!t up. Glad you're getting the truck back.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Ok everyone. I was feeling under the weather these last few days but here is the update.

As of today I still do not have possession of the truck. However Monday I did speak with the owner of the dealership. He called me late at night at home and discussed how sorry and what not. He reiterated that Chrysler requested them to keep it and he doesn’t want to go against Chrysler but wanted to make it right so they comped my window tint $60 bucks and because I was asking questions about the cover they “went ahead and wanted to show a sign of good faith and donate it for all the trouble”.

The next day(yesterday) I was still feeling under the weather and I just slept in and kept my phone turned off, when I got up I had 3 missed calls from the dealership and two from Chrysler.

They responded to an inquiry my attorney made into the legality of this whole mess. Chrysler informed me that they would see that I got my truck ASAP. Shortly after the messages from the dealership corresponded to what they Chrysler guy said on his message. The dealership called to apologize and wanted me to know I could come pick up my truck at any time. To which I have to travel to an important meeting over a 100 miles in the other direction. So it seems, unless the wool is completely over my eyes I’ll have my truck by tomorrow evening or Friday morning.

I was told that contacting @ramtrucks on Facebook was how I got their attention and then the public embarrassment of a legal issue sealed the deal for their attention. I was also encouraged to take the truck for service to a different dealership.

What got me irritated wasn’t this whole mess, it’s that the dealership informed me that Chrysler’s was able to continue the trial and error on the mirrors with out my truck as about 50% of them are doing it and they could have just called me In to get worked on when a fix was ready. They told me they knew this info over two weeks ago and didn’t find it relevant.

Depending on how I am treated when I pick up the truck will determine if I persue them for a monthly payment etc. they already wrote off 1400$ of something I was just window shopping and would have eventually bought.

So that’s it. I guess. Legal threats buckled and brought out the lies. Thank you for all the feedback and information. All of it was very helpful and a learning experience
Awesome. I hope to see a picture of your truck somewhere not on that dealership lot sometime soon.

Amd that bed cover looks sweet. Im glad you got that out of the deal.

Your wife is right... should have gone to a diff dealer. She wins!

Longhorn5G

Reaction score

BUT.... what about the KEY they said couldnt work on the truck? Suddenly they work??

Zambalis

Reaction score
Awesome. I hope to see a picture of your truck somewhere not on that dealership lot sometime soon.

Amd that bed cover looks sweet. Im glad you got that out of the deal.

Your wife is right... should have gone to a diff dealer. She wins!
She walks in grace most days, but I know she knows that I know she was right. This time.

Zambalis

Reaction score
BUT.... what about the KEY they said couldnt work on the truck? Suddenly they work??
I got nowhere in that at all. All of sudden it’s ready to go tells me a fire was lit and they might have gotten burnt. I don’t know if my key will work or I’m getting new keys. That was mentioned at all and honestly I forgot to bring it up and assumed they understood that it was already an issue to address

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I got nowhere in that at all. All of sudden it’s ready to go tells me a fire was lit and they might have gotten burnt. I don’t know if my key will work or I’m getting new keys. That was mentioned at all and honestly I forgot to bring it up and assumed they understood that it was already an issue to address
Wow. If your original key works, this is just going to rank as the number 1, in the "In Your Face, Boldest Lie from a Dealer" category.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5 responses almost immediately and a request to pick it up at any time after the lawyer made an inquiry. Sad that they felt they could deceive until an attorney finally contacted them. Then they knew the jig was up.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
But in the end, i still have to wonder...WHY were they doing this in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online