5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck, Chrysler holding it hostage.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
It’s this stuff that makes me scratch my head. People spend 50k+ and have no clue about their trucks. Anyone want to buy some land? It’s awesome, I promise.

I agree it sounds really awkward and it very well even might be BS...

but I bet you that the vast majority would not know that yet even where the lock is ... I just showed this to another guy and he was totally surprised...

Forums like this are small bubble worlds of people who have fun doing reading, research, ordering their truck... but the vast majority walks into a dealership picks the color they want and find out about stuff later as they need it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree it sounds really awkward and it very well even might be BS...

but I bet you that the vast majority would not know that yet even where the lock is ... I just showed this to another guy and he was totally surprised...

Forums like this are small bubble worlds of people who have fun doing reading, research, ordering their truck... but the vast majority walks into a dealership picks the color they want and find out about stuff later as they need it...

I hear you.....for the typical person, a vehicle is the 2nd largest purchase they make in their life. Having sold a home, people have tried to nickel and dime me for things that were not included in my home sale. Heck, they do that on $100 items I sell on Craigslist so to see people not do that on an expensive vehicle really makes me question motives.

With that, until we receive better info, I am calling this a troll thread. This would not be the first post I’ve seen on a product forum of competition trying to devalue the product.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear you.....for the typical person, a vehicle is the 2nd largest purchase they make in their life. Having sold a home, people have tried to nickel and dime me for things that were not included in my home sale. Heck, they do that on $100 items I sell on Craigslist so to see people not do that on an expensive vehicle really makes me question motives.

With that, until we receive better info, I am calling this a troll thread. This would not be the first post I’ve seen on a product forum of competition trying to devalue the product.
I wouldn't be so quick to escalate this to "troll" status. His original complaint to the dealer was over his power fold mirrors possibly hitting the windows. The insanity of his dealers actions doesn't devalue the product, it sheds light on another shady dealer that members/owners in the area should avoid like the plague. But I respect your attempt to inject some words of caution, understandable.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I thought there were only two things asked of service... to check the mirrors hitting glass and for some tint. They were even listed as a number 1, and a number 2.

Yet, now, he said he approves of the bed cover that was installed? I am so confused. So was that additionally requested?

And a radio was replaced? Whats that have to do with mirros or tint... that would be request #4.

Whats the whole deal here... i think I missed something.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
It is a black longhorn like mine too. I like his bed cover better than mine.

Zambalis

Reaction score
Strange indeed. You do know that your key, real key, is inside the key fob right?
Yes I do but I couldn’t move the truck if I wanted too. The truck was in between other trucks and they were not moving them. I’m confident I’ll have better luck with my attorney.

Zambalis

Reaction score
I thought there were only two things asked of service... to check the mirrors hitting glass and for some tint. They were even listed as a number 1, and a number 2.

Yet, now, he said he approves of the bed cover that was installed? I am so confused. So was that additionally requested?

And a radio was replaced? Whats that have to do with mirros or tint... that would be request #4.

Whats the whole deal here... i think I missed something.
I didn’t request the cover. But it has a cover. At first I thought it wasn’t my truck. But a cup in the center console that my daughter made me with her name on it and some junk mail in the front seat were still there so I know it’s mine. So I’m not gonna nitpick that. The tint I mentioned was something they were doing and somehow didn’t seem to mess that one up. As far as the radio. He mumbled something about programming and flashing the software having some relations to the software that runs the mirrors. I’m not sure about this one at all either. I am also a little confused. But was unable to get an answer.

Zambalis

Reaction score

Hurtful. No I’m a real person who got fed up and turned to the forum when I got tired of the BS from the dealer. I’ve learned a bunch from the responses and even mentioned this thread to my lawyer. As far fetched as it might seem it’s as real and crappy as it is. If I wasn’t going through it I would say the same.

You know if I was competition I would have bashed the guys name and the dealership by now. I’m looking for clarity so I don’t make a stupid mistake from others who might no better. This is my very first truck I’ve owned and only second new vehicle I’ve purchased in 24 years. I’ve never had such terrible service for anything ever. My wife and I are fighting over this and as a husband I have some egg on my face after she had this “feeling” we should have gone to another dealer in town. So I’m plenty aware of how this sounds. But it’s as real as it can be.

Zambalis

Reaction score
Hurtful. No I’m a real person who got fed up and turned to the forum when I got tired of the BS from the dealer. I’ve learned a bunch from the responses and even mentioned this thread to my lawyer. As far fetched as it might seem it’s as real and crappy as it is. If I wasn’t going through it I would say the same.

You know if I was competition I would have bashed the guys name and the dealership by now. I’m looking for clarity so I don’t make a stupid mistake from others who might no better. This is my very first truck I’ve owned and only second new vehicle I’ve purchased in 24 years. I’ve never had such terrible service for anything ever. My wife and I are fighting over this and as a husband I have some egg on my face after she had this “feeling” we should have gone to another dealer in town. So I’m plenty aware of how this sounds. But it’s as real as it can be.
I might have replied to the wrong comment sorry!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t request the cover. But it has a cover. At first I thought it wasn’t my truck. But a cup in the center console that my daughter made me with her name on it and some junk mail in the front seat were still there so I know it’s mine. So I’m not gonna nitpick that. The tint I mentioned was something they were doing and somehow didn’t seem to mess that one up. As far as the radio. He mumbled something about programming and flashing the software having some relations to the software that runs the mirrors. I’m not sure about this one at all either. I am also a little confused. But was unable to get an answer.
Good lord, mumbling about important details... Santa Maria, we've got a real winner in the Craptastic Dealer Awards this year!

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
That is interesting, mirrora connected to radio... i guess its POSSIBLE but I wouldnt see how....

Its just a button and mechanical. Like say, the seats moving forward and backward. I would think its just a button controlling a motor.

Its like the Uconnect makes the car run ajd function in every single way.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
That is interesting, mirrora connected to radio... i guess its POSSIBLE but I wouldnt see how....

Its just a button and mechanical. Like say, the seats moving forward and backward. I would think its just a button controlling a motor.

Nowadays everything is run by software and connected via bus rather than just simple on off switches...

Zambalis

Reaction score

I was talking to my brother this evening and he thinks that it might be a computer brain centered stereo. He thinks that the flashing of software or anything computer controlled might be from the stereo interface and screen. Couldn’t say if that’s true or not. Way over my head. But that’s his take on it

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I feel like I want to drop my wife off for service at his dealership... maybe get a break from her for a month or two.

I dont know. Just thinking out loud.

S

Smashy71

If I’m reading this right. They put on a tonneau cover without your knowledge of it being done? They replaced the radio head unit and re flashed pcm? They cannot give you a clear answer as to why they haven’t fixed it?

Users who are viewing this thread