5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck, Chrysler holding it hostage.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Im a patient minister, but that doesnt mean im not irritated and trying to benoevolant. Probably something i need to learn in all this. I am going there in the morning and I want to see it my self. I am already talking to an attorney friend of mine and waiting for him to get back to me.

If you get the truck back and it’s just about the one month payment get a legal opinion from your attorney friend and then take it to small claims court it should be fairly easy, cheap and quick to recoup there if there is a legit chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambalis

Reaction score
Just checked it on my truck they bump into the windows as well, however they go back a notch and stay clear from the window in the end position

I noticed that on another truck, but mine just hit the window and, not really lock in place as much as just firmly sit against the window when I rolled it down it would come in about an 1/8 of an inch over the window line. Which is what the concern was to start with. They told me they have put multiple mirrors on and they all do the same thing. So they feel like its a software issue. and no one there is taking me seriously..

NYRAM

Reaction score
When I bought my 13’ ram a few months later I started it up and the engine light was on and it would only go in 4th gear. After a few days of them not knowing what was wrong I told them I wanted a loaner, the dealer said no, I called Chrysler and about 2 hrs later the dealer called and said we have a loaner for you.

Zambalis

Reaction score
Not sure what state you are from but in New York it would be grounds to be lemon lawed after 30 days. I would say give me my truck now and if they say no just let them no your lawer will be in contact with them very soon.
Oklahoma, and im looking into that tonight.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
When I bought my 13’ ram a few months later I started it up and the engine light was on and it would only go in 4th gear. After a few days of them not knowing what was wrong I told them I wanted a loaner, the dealer said no, I called Chrysler and about 2 hrs later the dealer called and said we have a loaner for you.

Same here I called Customer service via +18443780575 and they confirmed that they would cover a loner or rental during any warranty work and apologized for the dealer not wanting to organize. I assume the dealers have some sort of incentive of not giving anything out, although fca covers it as they said they would reimburse a rental directly to me...

Zinger

Reaction score
Seriously!!! I've been waiting since December 3rd. After speaking with the Service Manager he informed me that the "engineering department" wanted some videos and measurements. etc.. The dealership owner is a personal friend of mine and he said the same thing. When Crysler request that they hold the vehicle they have to hold it. I dont know if I'm being lied to or someone is driving it around having fun, but I'm really irritated and in 20+ years of driving and owning vehicles I've never had a vehicle held like this.

Take your second key and go drive it home. You may want to leave them a note though...

geotex1

Reaction score
FCA cannot hold property not belonging to them without your consent. However, look very carefully at your service order fine print. You may have given them permission when you signed it. At a minimum, and regardless if you did sign away sort to speak, you should pursue compensation for your inconvenience in the form satisfactory to you.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nov 30, 2018 I bought a brand new off the truck 2019 Laramie longhorn. Had all the fixings bells and whistles. One thing bothered me at the dealership. The side mirrors hit the window.

Speaking with my sales person, she went back to service and came back to me with two answers to two questions I had.

1. Is there a fix for the mirrors?
2. Can we tint the front windows to match the rear?

She said the service manager on duty said that there was a recent software patch that limited the movement by a hair to avoid hitting the window and would have to be brought in and flashed. Seeing as I wanted the tint done I said ok and I bought the truck. Set my appointment for exactly 3 days.

Drove a whole 33 miles before bringing it back to get the tint and what would seem like a one day total fix.

Today I just got a call from the service manager stating that Chrysler won’t release the vehicle back to me until the engineer figures out a solution to the mirrors. That’s over a month long wait with apologies and excuses. Always the same thing, “we have a star report pending and can’t give you back your truck because the engineer needs to run test”. Ok I get it and all. But I just also paid my first payment and bought the tags for a truck I don’t have and there is nothing Chrysler is willing to do about it.

I love the look of the truck, the way the seats fit me well. Hell even the 12” screen is over kill but I enjoy it. However my Chevy has never had an issue where the dealership tells me they cannot give it back.

I’m very dissatisfied with the communication and consideration for the customer in this whole endeavor. I told them I have been reading forums about this problem that is not being fixed and the response was. Don’t believe those forums competition pays for them to be there.

So did a Chrysler dealership just say all of you are fake people with fake questions and problems? I think so.
Never heard of such a thing. Being a lawyer I dont see how it's even legal unless it's a safety issue that could potentially harm you or someone else. A folding mirror issue is far from a safety issue. I call BS. Sounds like the dealer is buying time for some other reason. Maybe a body repair issue...Why would they want the vehicle sitting at the shop and tying up space. Ridiculous.

LaRamie

Reaction score
I read through the thread when I got off work and I've been thinking on it all night trying to legitimize what's happening, and I can't. I agree that things need to be escalated at this point, probably in general all around. Have an attorney handy, get the dealer to give you your case numbers if you dont already have them, and start barking up the tree at FCA.
I can't imagine the depth of non communication that is going on (and not only in just your case, we read about it all too often) Someone above the dealership should have talked to you by this point, or at least more in depth assessment of the situation from them. Ask your friend for someone to contact also, if things are as they say, they should oblige I would think. Start calling every day, every hour if you have to if no one takes you seriously, they'll get tired of it and do something. Lol if they stop answering your calls visit daily. Hate to be that guy but they brought it on themselves if it came to that..

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pick up your truck, be firm but polite and go to a different dealer. You are not bound to the selling dealership. You should never leave your vehicle with a dealer unless parts are available and you vehicle is in the shop schedule or a free equivalent loaner truck is given, that's it, that's all... no conversation needed. That doesn't happen, politely walk away.

S

Smashy71

They can’t keep your truck unless it’s a safety recall.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Loaner or Lawyer its your choice. Thats what I would say to owner of the Dealership.

Zambalis

Reaction score
I read through the thread when I got off work and I've been thinking on it all night trying to legitimize what's happening, and I can't. I agree that things need to be escalated at this point, probably in general all around. Have an attorney handy, get the dealer to give you your case numbers if you dont already have them, and start barking up the tree at FCA.
I can't imagine the depth of non communication that is going on (and not only in just your case, we read about it all too often) Someone above the dealership should have talked to you by this point, or at least more in depth assessment of the situation from them. Ask your friend for someone to contact also, if things are as they say, they should oblige I would think. Start calling every day, every hour if you have to if no one takes you seriously, they'll get tired of it and do something. Lol if they stop answering your calls visit daily. Hate to be that guy but they brought it on themselves if it came to that..

i had crylser contact me asking for more information because my attorney friend made some inquiries. Im going with my attorney to the dealership first thing in the morning to get eyes on it and go from there.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nov 30, 2018 I bought a brand new off the truck 2019 Laramie longhorn. Had all the fixings bells and whistles. One thing bothered me at the dealership. The side mirrors hit the window.

Speaking with my sales person, she went back to service and came back to me with two answers to two questions I had.

She said the service manager on duty said that there was a recent software patch that limited the movement by a hair to avoid hitting the window and would have to be brought in and flashed. Seeing as I wanted the tint done I said ok and I bought the truck. Set my appointment for exactly 3 days.

Drove a whole 33 miles before bringing it back to get the tint and what would seem like a one day total fix.

Today I just got a call from the service manager stating that Chrysler won’t release the vehicle back to me until the engineer figures out a solution to the mirrors. That’s over a month long wait with apologies and excuses. Always the same thing, “we have a star report pending and can’t give you back your truck because the engineer needs to run test”. Ok I get it and all. But I just also paid my first payment and bought the tags for a truck I don’t have and there is nothing Chrysler is willing to do about it.

I love the look of the truck, the way the seats fit me well. Hell even the 12” screen is over kill but I enjoy it. However my Chevy has never had an issue where the dealership tells me they cannot give it back.

I’m very dissatisfied with the communication and consideration for the customer in this whole endeavor. I told them I have been reading forums about this problem that is not being fixed and the response was. Don’t believe those forums competition pays for them to be there.

So did a Chrysler dealership just say all of you are fake people with fake questions and problems? I think so.
anything over 30 days is a lemon law claim if you so wish to go that route

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, they cannot keep it unless its a safety concern. If the title is in your name and you truly want it back call the police and they will get it back for you. Also, file a lemon law claim too. Makes me think they damaged ur truck and ant telling u

LaRamie

Reaction score
Thats what I said too, they claim the Manufacture is demanding it. Makes me think they did something and are stalling.
So did FCA tell you they know about your truck over the phone then?

Zambalis

Reaction score
So did FCA tell you they know about your truck over the phone then?

They claimed to pull up my vin and it showed the sale and such, but no record of a star claim with the dealership nor were they able to verify or validate what the dealership was claiming. WHich is why I posted. I know what i want to do, but not necessarily what i should do to keep this in my favor. Im planning to go there and inspect the truck my self. Look for damage etc get in the office of the owner.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Eh’ happens. Sucks but happens. Seen this crap happen before with other manufacturers. Nothing new.

Users who are viewing this thread