5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck, Chrysler holding it hostage.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's no need for drama or theatrics. He has a spare key, he owns the truck. He needs to take control of the situation and retrieve his truck. No Armageddon, no Apocalypse... just go get the truck and ask for the fob back in the morning. Any further communication with that particular dealer other than "give me my fob" is inviting drama and confrontation. He just needs to go to a different dealer. He sounds level headed and capable of this simple procedure.

But I am on the edge of my seat... this is beyond belief.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I had Theater Arts back in high school.

I like to think the reason for that class all amounted up to this thread.

Cannonball

Reaction score
If a jeweler told you that rolex won't let them release your watch to you indefinitely, what would you do?

Call the cops and blow this situation through the f ing roof with your lawyer friend as a witness. Audio record everything from your pocket.

Win just one for the Gipper.

Zambalis

Reaction score
So I went first thing Saturday morning and located my truck. The owner was not there as he claimed he would be, so I waited for about an hour. My truck was sandwiched between four other vehicles so no go on pulling it out of there. They clearly now I’m not happy at all about this. Also my fob isn’t working and when I asked about it they said they replaced the radio and had to reprogram the fobs. To which they said the guy who does that conveniently wasn’t there until Monday. I’m under the impression that the keys are not just made but have to be factory sent. And I noticed the doors were locked. Which made me ask the question. How are you going to get in there if the fobs didn’t work. They couldn’t answer it nor was my Uconnect app able to connect with the truck. So I have an appointment with an attorney at 10am tomorrow.

I did however approve of the cover they placed on it and the tint was done well. If
there has to be a silver lining to this debacle.

Attachments

• C930A2F4-D5EB-470F-82F2-FD6EC399CD29.jpeg
    C930A2F4-D5EB-470F-82F2-FD6EC399CD29.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
  • FBC5CF1B-5923-4534-BF31-1022D1230A76.jpeg
    FBC5CF1B-5923-4534-BF31-1022D1230A76.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 14A0BB37-C107-43CB-8847-6E14A3F47BBA.jpeg
    14A0BB37-C107-43CB-8847-6E14A3F47BBA.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 100

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I went first thing Saturday morning and located my truck. The owner was not there as he claimed he would be, so I waited for about an hour. My truck was sandwiched between four other vehicles so no go on pulling it out of there. They clearly now I’m not happy at all about this. Also my fob isn’t working and when I asked about it they said they replaced the radio and had to reprogram the fobs. To which they said the guy who does that conveniently wasn’t there until Monday. I’m under the impression that the keys are not just made but have to be factory sent. And I noticed the doors were locked. Which made me ask the question. How are you going to get in there if the fobs didn’t work. They couldn’t answer it nor was my Uconnect app able to connect with the truck. So I have an appointment with an attorney at 10am tomorrow.

I did however approve of the cover they placed on it and the tint was done well. If

Glad you got eyes on it. Pretty sad about the service you’ve been receiving. I wonder if maybe the battery wasn’t hooked up or was dead. Obviously it’s all speculation until you learn more. Hopefully tomorrow you get squared away. I know we’re all waiting to hear what happens. Good luck!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This has to be one of the most unprofessional and sketchy dealers I've ever heard of. I'm blown away.

You sir, are a saint. I would have gone mental if I couldn't unlock my own truck. And the fact that the owner or nobody there could help you is sooooo offside, I'm tingling with rage.

I wish I was your lawyer.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Whacky to say the least. Good luck. The dealer seems so sketchy.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whacky to say the least. Good luck. The dealer seems so sketchy.
Right? Can you imagine the nerve? The lawyer would be worth every penny just to see the sweat on the manager/owners face as they try to BS their way out of this debacle.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right? Can you imagine the nerve? The lawyer would be worth every penny just to see the sweat on the manager/owners face as they try to BS their way out of this debacle.
Can't make this stuff up. One of the strangest things I've heard.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have read about window tinting doing damage but can not find the information. From what I can recall water or solution caused damage to the "computer/electrical". Was tint applied to the windshield and was it done at the dealership?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
At this point he SHOULD NOT be touching that truck.

I agree this is a full on attorney case now and I’d do nothing they wouldn’t advise me to... I’d even not want the truck back they did who knows what with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd have the attorney call or if he's so inclined go to the dealer with Zambalis

Yeah. This is so unreal.

If he drove it home, dealer might try to blame him for anything else wrong with it or done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread