5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New shift knob

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying hard not to pre-order these...
Same here but too many knobs if I want to replace all of them that's way to much $$$ just for knobs (8.4 screen). If I had 12" screen and only had 3 knobs to replace then I could justify the cost in my head 😝. I will probably order the shifter knob at a minimum.

Last edited:

AUPatrick

Reaction score
I ordered my shift knob on January 16 when it was on back order and it came in yesterday. I LOVE it. It just feels nicer than stock if you know what I mean. I’m thinking about pre-ordering the radio control knob, but want to see a video of how easy/hard it is to take the original knobs off. Taking off the shifter knob was real easy, so if the other knobs are as easy, I will definitely place an order

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I ordered my shift knob on January 16 when it was on back order and it came in yesterday. I LOVE it. It just feels nicer than stock if you know what I mean. I’m thinking about pre-ordering the radio control knob, but want to see a video of how easy/hard it is to take the original knobs off. Taking off the shifter knob was real easy, so if the other knobs are as easy, I will definitely place an order
The new knobs fit over the existing knobs and are held on with a set screw. Super easy.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the install today, for those curious/on the fence, unsure if they can do it?
Here's what mine looked like after I got the top cap off.

knobremoved.png

I cleared the glue layer away from the screws. I didn't heat it up or anything, and it was actually pretty cold today.
So for me a screwdriver would not fit under the cap. Instead I used this

Razel.png

It should be thin, and strong. Because it was pointy, it did scuff up the cap pretty good, I would not re-use it after the prying into it with the razel. The top cap is a weee tad bit ugly, but it came off!
I didn't even bother cleaning the rest of the glue layer off while removing the 3 now exposed screws.

And how it looks now:
newKnobsun.png

Construction wise it's thin and lightweight, however, I will say when turning the knob, you feel the difference instantly.
The truck just feels "mine", the way it's set up.

obrien

Reaction score
I got mine as well, but the tools attached do not have torx ends as video promised and of course the smallest I found my tools box was T10 :(. I would swear I had them all. Well Amazon it is :) I got red, blue and black screws so I can rotate and be fancy.

I see he has the radio buttons now as well (well in may). I think I will like them :D

obrien

Reaction score
I did the install today, for those curious/on the fence, unsure if they can do it?
Here's what mine looked like after I got the top cap off.

View attachment 84476

I cleared the glue layer away from the screws. I didn't heat it up or anything, and it was actually pretty cold today.
So for me a screwdriver would not fit under the cap. Instead I used this

View attachment 84477

It should be thin, and strong. Because it was pointy, it did scuff up the cap pretty good, I would not re-use it after the prying into it with the razel. The top cap is a weee tad bit ugly, but it came off!
I didn't even bother cleaning the rest of the glue layer off while removing the 3 now exposed screws.

And how it looks now:
View attachment 84475

Construction wise it's thin and lightweight, however, I will say when turning the knob, you feel the difference instantly.
The truck just feels "mine", the way it's set up.
dude, red accent on the dash and blue screws? :)

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine as well, but the tools attached do not have torx ends as video promised and of course the smallest I found my tools box was T10 :(. I would swear I had them all. Well Amazon it is :) I got red, blue and black screws so I can rotate and be fancy.

I see he has the radio buttons now as well (well in may). I think I will like them :D

What size do you need for the installation?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You are joking but it really does feel better. Les flimsy, giving sense of more quality or how to describe it.

Anyway wife thinks I am an idiot for buying it lol
I know that it does sound weird, but it does have a much better feel to it than the stock knob. I am very happy I did it and would buy it again. What do wives know anyway 😂

Yangster

Reaction score
There is nothing like the feel of a good knob;)
Hey Securityguy, noticed you have a Blackvue 750X. 2 questions: I have the 750 on my current SUV and it was attached with a Blendmount (attached to mirror). That's not an option on the Ltd. Did you use the sticky mount and attach to windshield? I'm thinking that this is probably the best. I should be getting my Ltd Longhorn soon, so I'm looking at options. If you have a pic, that would be great! 2-Did you wire into the fuse box (fuse 66) or into the mirror housing?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey Securityguy, noticed you have a Blackvue 750X. 2 questions: I have the 750 on my current SUV and it was attached with a Blendmount (attached to mirror). That's not an option on the Ltd. Did you use the sticky mount and attach to windshield? I'm thinking that this is probably the best. I should be getting my Ltd Longhorn soon, so I'm looking at options. If you have a pic, that would be great! 2-Did you wire into the fuse box (fuse 66) or into the mirror housing?
I did mount straight to the windshield right below the factory camera. I did the same on my 2019 because I like the radar detector on the Blendmount. I used F66 and F33 so I have Parking Mode enabled too.

RamCam5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread