5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New shift knob

MeOff

Reaction score
I considered that too... Maybe I'll email the guy and add the black screws to my order, but he hasn't even responded to my previous email to take pics of the blue screws. He must be inundated with purchase orders!
My order won't ship till March 1st.

davidn0021

Reaction score
My order won't ship till March 1st.

Not even sure when mine will ship. I hope he also creates similar knobs for the UCONNECT knobs. Would love to get rid of the plastic look on the system.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Not even sure when mine will ship. I hope he also creates similar knobs for the UCONNECT knobs. Would love to get rid of the plastic look on the system.
Make sure to ask him about them. When I asked recently he said that he hasn't had enough requests for the other knobs yet.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I asked about the blue screws in the knob and he said he couldn’t send me a pic of one like that because he didn’t have any knobs in stock... I mean he could’ve sent a pic of the screws at least to get an idea but the vibe I got was like he wasn’t interested. Maybe someone on here will post up pics of a blue screw version and I’ll know what it looks like.

davidn0021

Reaction score
I asked about the blue screws in the knob and he said he couldn’t send me a pic of one like that because he didn’t have any knobs in stock... I mean he could’ve sent a pic of the screws at least to get an idea but the vibe I got was like he wasn’t interested. Maybe someone on here will post up pics of a blue screw version and I’ll know what it looks like.

At least he responded to you! He has yet to respond and I even wanted to add on to my order... I get being slammed with orders, but can't really leave your customers hanging...

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yea I wasn’t a fan of the response but left it alone... who knows if it’s crappy service or just bad day... most likely a small operation and he’s overwhelmed

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you are speaking about Mike, he is a man of few words and I had to send him an email 3 times requesting pics of what I wanted before he actually understood what I was looking for.

navy98

Reaction score
First time posting to the forums, but I recently ordered and installed one of these knobs with the blue screws. I asked him if he had any plans to do custom climate control knobs for Ram like he's doing for other vehicles, and he said that if the demand is high enough, he will look at it. I posted a short install video on YT if anyone is interested:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
First time posting to the forums, but I recently ordered and installed one of these knobs with the blue screws. I asked him if he had any plans to do custom climate control knobs for Ram like he's doing for other vehicles, and he said that if the demand is high enough, he will look at it. I posted a short install video on YT if anyone is interested:
Nice video, but the heat gun is unnecessary. I didn't use one at all and it looked like I had an easier time removing mine than you did. Just use the small screwdriver and don't be afraid to pry it off. The cap will get damaged either way. The blue screws are interesting;) I am loving mine as well and thanks for posting for folks thinking about doing this as well.

navy98

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was going to be needed or not (someone mentioned on here that it was a pain to get off), but figured it wouldn't hurt.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Guys...I just received a communication back from Adam regarding doing the radio knobs. Here it is:

Hi Larry,

I have actually just purchased a center stack off ebay to look into this. Depending on the factory design and how hard they are for the consumer to remove we could have these available for pre-order within a month or so.

Thanks,

Adam Truckey
AJT DESIGN, LLC
[email protected]
www.ajtdesign-llc.com

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Guys...I just received a communication back from Adam regarding doing the radio knobs. Here it is:

Hi Larry,

I have actually just purchased a center stack off ebay to look into this. Depending on the factory design and how hard they are for the consumer to remove we could have these available for pre-order within a month or so.

Thanks,

Adam Truckey
AJT DESIGN, LLC
[email protected]
www.ajtdesign-llc.com
Just made my day!

obrien

Reaction score

Hi Larry,

Thanks,

Adam Truckey
AJT DESIGN, LLC
[email protected]
www.ajtdesign-llc.com
Great, please keep us posted if he replies. if yes I would buy a full set from him

davidn0021

Reaction score
Yes, I also finally got a response with pics of the blue screws! They're gonna throw in the black screws to the order as well. Looking forward to installing this in March.

spiG

Reaction score
Man just seen these knobs and they look great! Might have to put in a order for the black/red. Just added that American flag cover to my stock shift knob (one posted from amazon) so might give it some time before I was the $15 on that as I like the look of the exposed screws. If he did matching climate controls that would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread