5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New shift knob

cjh0702

Reaction score
Saw this on eBay today. It's a "cap" that goes over the shift knob. It also has a matching set for the other knobs on the dash.

I found one in red:

Matching set

And one in Silver

Matching set

I couldn't find other colors, but if you contact the seller I'm sure something could be worked out. Funny thing is, I found this through an ad I got on YouTube after I visited this page. Not sure if Im angry that I forgot to browse in incognito mode, or happy that it lead to this find.

Either way, not sure if I'll get it. The reason I want a new shift knob is because I want it to look/feel different than the other knobs on my dash. Not sure if this will scratch my itch, but I figured I would leave it here for other to see.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw this on eBay today. It's a "cap" that goes over the shift knob. It also has a matching set for the other knobs on the dash.

I found one in red:

Matching set

And one in Silver

Matching set

I couldn't find other colors, but if you contact the seller I'm sure something could be worked out. Funny thing is, I found this through an ad I got on YouTube after I visited this page. Not sure if Im angry that I forgot to browse in incognito mode, or happy that it lead to this find.

Either way, not sure if I'll get it. The reason I want a new shift knob is because I want it to look/feel different than the other knobs on my dash. Not sure if this will scratch my itch, but I figured I would leave it here for other to see.
Made in Hong Kong 👎.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I found one in red:

Matching set

And one in Silver

Matching set

I did see some blue ones on there also. Thanks for giving us a heads up!

cjh0702

Reaction score
Made in Hong Kong 👎.
Yea I didn't notice that. I'm not a fan of ordering things from overseas because of the long shipping times and issues with customer service.

Definitely leaning towards the AJT Shifter, while using the OEM center cap. I might buy a set of caps for the accessory knobs and spray paint them matte black to match the color of the AJT shifter.

My goal is to get rid of the rubber feel of all the knobs, while at the same time differentiating the shifter knob from the others. I'll upload some pics when it's all said and done.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I didn't notice that. I'm not a fan of ordering things from overseas because of the long shipping times and issues with customer service.

Definitely leaning towards the AJT Shifter, while using the OEM center cap. I might buy a set of caps for the accessory knobs and spray paint them matte black to match the color of the AJT shifter.

My goal is to get rid of the rubber feel of all the knobs, while at the same time differentiating the shifter knob from the others. I'll upload some pics when it's all said and done.
I have been exploring knob options as well, just not much out there right now. Keep us posted on your project, I would love to see some pictures when complete.

obrien

Reaction score
Not yet...I'll ping him and see where he's at with the radio knobs. Thanks for the reminder :)
I didn't want to spam him since you were in touch with him before. He does not feel like a guy who loves many emails :-D

Btw could you take a quick pic of full dash to see how it all looks together? I have no idea what screws I want lol

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

I found one in red:

Matching set

And one in Silver

Matching set

Thanks for sharing, but not a fan...look like cheap Chinese crap IMPO.

cjh0702

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, but not a fan...look like cheap Chinese crap IMPO.
I decided against it as well. Just thought I would share in case any other members were interested. I think I'm going to leave the radio knobs stock for now. I like that the shifter "feels" different that the other knobs, so I can tell right away that I reached for the correct one just by touch.

Users who are viewing this thread