5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New shift knob

krd820

Reaction score
Not a major mod, but I like it. Ordered the shift knob from AJT Designs. I used the center cap from the OEM knob instead of the black one that came with the new knob.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-210825_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-210825_Gallery.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 837
  • Screenshot_20201228-210815_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-210815_Gallery.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 834

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks good. Do you have a link?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Thanks. I watched the install vid at their site and came away with two thoughts: First, your idea of re-using the factory center looks great! Does it just fit in there snug, or did you use something like double sided tape? Second, That video cracked me, because they didn't edit out the times he dropped the screws :ROFLMAO:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really like this and prefer the black top versus the OEM silver top as used by the OP, but to each his own. I am struggling paying $75 for this though. May have to have a few drinks over the holiday weekend to convince myself to do it :p Actually, would love to see the RED version of this knob which may compliment my RED start/stop button!

RAMSSBUTTON.jpg

HemiDude

Reaction score
I really like this and prefer the black top versus the OEM silver top as used by the OP, but to each his own. I am struggling paying $75 for this though. May have to have a few drinks over the holiday weekend to convince myself to do it :p Actually, would love to see the RED version of this knob which may compliment my RED start/stop button!

View attachment 78295
One thought I had is re-using the factory insert, and then putting an overlay on that. Maybe something like my start button overlay? IMG_3302.JPG
Also, I think I saw on their site that they have different colored retaining screws

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I asked him to send me a pic of the black knob with the red screws to see how it looks and if he'd be interested in a Group Buy discount?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Nice. Good idea on the group buy, I'll be following to see if that materializes.

krd820

Reaction score
Thanks. I watched the install vid at their site and came away with two thoughts: First, your idea of re-using the factory center looks great! Does it just fit in there snug, or did you use something like double sided tape? Second, That video cracked me, because they didn't edit out the times he dropped the screws :ROFLMAO:
I used super glue to attach the OEM silver cap to the new knob.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score

View attachment 78295

where did you get your push button? Looks clean!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
where did you get your push button? Looks clean!

db252

Reaction score
Just ordered the all black AJT shift knob. Look forward to adding it to the truck whenever we get the truck.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mentioned back in post #9 that I was going to inquire about a Group Buy. I heard from the owner and he is not interested :(

Users who are viewing this thread